Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

Officially boycotting the Panthers (Boycott Ended 11/11/2013)

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#76 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:28 PM

Never once stopped cheering for the team.  Just stopped flying in from Texas to attend the games. 

If any of you knew me in real life, you would understand.  I never even stopped wearing my Panther tie to work every Friday.

#77 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,206 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

I deserve to take my ridicule.  I made a bold statement.  I was fed up with this team not coming together and blamed that on our coaching staff.  After 3 years of watching Rivera "try to get it" and starting the season again the way we did, I was angry.  Angry and wrong.

But, I am so excited about the state of the team right now, I don't care.

Feels so damn good to be wrong!!!!!!!

You're going to take a lot of (well-deserved) grief, but winning cures all.

I've had my doubts with Rivera in the past, but I've also tried to differentiate between failings due to personnel (Nakamura, Norman against Buffalo) and his own mistakes. But he's shown that he cares and that he CAN grow. And that's huge; we have a coach willing to admit mistakes and try to improve.

#78 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:37 PM

Haha what a joke. I bitched and moaned when we were 1-3 but I never left.

#79 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,365 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:37 PM

THE BOYCOTT WORKED!!!

#80 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,304 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:40 PM

All the people crying bandwagoner, let me ask you this. Have you watched every single Panther game, if you could, from the beginning kickoff till the end? Even during our  lowest of lows? Has there ever been a time when you're like "I'm tired of wasting my time every Sunday watching this"?

I know it has for me and I did that during the 2009 season and some of 2010 and a little near the end of last season. I never denounced my fanhood. Just good tired of wasting my time to watch pure sh**. This was the same for Leroy, except he was spending a lot of money and decided not to anymore.

Now if you answered Yes to the first 2 questions and No to the last, then good for you. You can stand on your high horse. If you answered the opposite to any of those questions, eat sh** you hypocritical prick.

#81 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,365 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:42 PM

BTW, the Panthers could say " hey, we are going to start playing trained possums instead of humans and see how it goes". I would still buy merchandise and would still go to as many games as I can afford.

There are only 32 cities in the entire world that are lucky enough to have a NFL franchise.

Maybe it is because some people are from Texas and other places, but when I support the Panthers I do it for many reasons not just wins and losses but for community and regional pride.

#82 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:42 PM

THE BOYCOTT WORKED!!!

LMAO YES!

You are all welcome. 

#83 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,792 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:47 PM

I think you mean 11.11.13

#84 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,206 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:48 PM

If we start losing again, you know we're going to have to ban you, right?

Can't mess with mojo.

#85 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,365 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:49 PM

All the people crying bandwagoner, let me ask you this. Have you watched every single Panther game, if you could, from the beginning kickoff till the end? Even during our lowest of lows? Has there ever been a time when you're like "I'm tired of wasting my time every Sunday watching this"?

I know it has for me and I did that during the 2009 season and some of 2010 and a little near the end of last season. I never denounced my fanhood. Just good tired of wasting my time to watch pure sh**. This was the same for Leroy, except he was spending a lot of money and decided not to anymore.

Now if you answered Yes to the first 2 questions and No to the last, then good for you. You can stand on your high horse. If you answered the opposite to any of those questions, eat sh** you hypocritical prick.

Yes. Yes. No.

#86 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:50 PM

If we start losing again, you know we're going to have to ban you, right?

Can't mess with mojo.

If we lose to NE I will obviously ban myself......  and start the boycott up again.  It is only weird if it doesn't work.....

#87 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

BTW, the Panthers could say " hey, we are going to start playing trained possums instead of humans and see how it goes". I would still buy merchandise and would still go to as many games as I can afford.

There are only 32 cities in the entire world that are lucky enough to have a NFL franchise.

Maybe it is because some people are from Texas and other places, but when I support the Panthers I do it for many reasons not just wins and losses but for community and regional pride.

Even less really some share the same city, and some even claim to have one but actually don't:

New York (both)

San Francisco next year

that just makes it even more special. 

#88 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

All the people crying bandwagoner, let me ask you this. Have you watched every single Panther game, if you could, from the beginning kickoff till the end? Even during our lowest of lows?

Yes.

#89 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 3,866 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

You have to be the worst fuging fan ever. Come on man...

#90 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

All the people crying bandwagoner, let me ask you this. Have you watched every single Panther game, if you could, from the beginning kickoff till the end? Even during our  lowest of lows? Has there ever been a time when you're like "I'm tired of wasting my time every Sunday watching this"?

I have not missed a game in 17+ years with the exception of the 2007 season (Stuck in Iraq)  and the opening game against the Eagles in 2009 (Son being born).  Even through seasons of Wienke, Pickles, Vinny, and Peete I watched the Panthers.  

I was relocated to Texas and continue to fly the black and blue panthers flag in my yard........  I am no bandwagon fan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com