136 replies to this topic

#31 Lords0fPain

Lords0fPain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:19 PM

[quote name="Not-Awesomeness" post="2385392" timestamp="1379449519"]

Tom Brady won several superbowls with Deon Branch as his number 1 WR. Donovan Mcnabb made Jason Avant and Todd Pinkston house hold names. I happen to think Peyton Manning has always been blessed with good/great WR's. Even Russel Wilson has made Golden Tate look competent. Either way, there are two different possibilities here. Either Cam doesn't make his teammates better, or Lafell, Gettis etc really suck.[/quote

How quick we forget the pats taping the other teams practices...spy gate. They haven't done squatvsince being busted....lol.

#32 Guest_KingKam_*

Guest_KingKam_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

No. Cam needs "good" receivers. He's not a Manning, Brady, Brees or Rodgers who can make scrubs look like Pro Bowlers. Cam needs to be put in a Matt Ryan position with two really damn good receivers and a reliable TE. Cam will struggle if weapons are not added. Put Peyton here in Carolina, and LaFail would instantly be a 1k yards receiver. That's just not who Cam is. He doesn't read defense fast enough and decision making is questionable.

For some reason I have never seen peyton on a team without a loaded WR group. Reggie Wayne and Garcon are doing pretty well without him. Brady is not doing too well without those TE, is he? I wanna see brady in a system without those 5 yards routes and those short sure-handed receivers who can go down their knees to catch those passes. Same for rodgers, he has pass catchers all over the field.

#33 gmonjimbo

gmonjimbo

• ALL-PRO
  • 294 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

You don't have to be GB to find offense. IMO, you can find success with three reliable weapons. We have 89 and Olsen and that makes two. Most of the production has to come from the QB and HC/OC. Russell Wilson doesn't have much receiving help but he still find ways to make those guys up there look like stars. Look at Tennessee for example with Britt, Wright, Walker and Washington. Not much going on with a bad QB at play. We need to gut the whole coaching staff but more importantly Cam has to step up.

I agree scheme is the main issue. However, Seattle's WRs may not be talented but they are able to find weak spots in zone coverage. Also, they break from their routes when they see Russel Wilson is trying to buy time or is under pressure. Furthermore, they attack the ball, they don't wait for the ball to come to them all the time.

#34 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,677 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

Russell Wilson literally found nine different receiving targets in our loss to Seattle.

Uh, do we even have half that number of options that can actually run a decent route or get on the field?

Who deserve the credit for Wilson finding 9 different receivers: the receivers or Wilson?

Answer: Wilson

#35 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,541 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:27 PM

Who deserve the credit for Wilson finding 9 different receivers: the receivers or Wilson?

Answer: Wilson

What exactly are you getting at here?

#36 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,541 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

We're talking about two completely different systems and football teams.

#37 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,677 posts
  • LocationKurby

For some reason I have never seen peyton on a team without a loaded WR group. Reggie Wayne and Garcon are doing pretty well without him. Brady is not doing too well without those TE, is he? I wanna see brady in a system without those 5 yards routes and those short sure-handed receivers who can go down their knees to catch those passes. Same for rodgers, he has pass catchers all over the field.

Peyton made Garçon, Collie, Clark.

Brady have made many in the past.

Rodgers made Nelson, Jones and you can even say Finley.

Those guys will not be who they are or were without a Manning, Brady, or Rodgers.

#38 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

chucking the ball off your backfoot isn't going to help anyone.

#39 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,677 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

What exactly are you getting at here?

It sounded like you're knocking the success of Wilson by believing that Seattle has more receiving weapons than us; 9 different receivers with a catch. I know that a lot of blame goes to Shula and Rivera but like the saying, a coach can only call the play. Players have to execute it. Cam had better receivers two weeks ago vs Seattle with 89 and Olsen. Cam's inability to find 9 different receivers is all on him too, not just the coaches.

#40 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,541 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

chucking the ball off your backfoot isn't going to help anyone.

Have you even lost enough weight to throw a football?

#41 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,607 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:36 PM

guys guys guys clearly Jordy nelson wouldn't be a good receiver without Rodgers i mean he's white afterall

#42 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,677 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:36 PM

Have you even lost enough weight to throw a football?

Feldman is actually built like an OX. He's not your typical sofa man. Check the lounge.;)

#43 Former Bill On Vacation

Former Bill On Vacation

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

i know you want to hate, give Brady a few more weeks.  He has an entire new cast this year, he has to develop some rapport with them, it doesnt happen over night.

Im not a Patriots fan by any stretch,  But not only will they and Brady beat the Panthers ass at home this year, they will be in the playoffs as well.

#44 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,677 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

guys guys guys clearly Jordy nelson wouldn't be a good receiver without Rodgers i mean he's white afterall

You really think Nelson would've been Nelson without a QB like Rodgers throwing him the ball? If you do, your knowledge of the game is pretty damn low. Broncos fans were killing Eric Decker before Manning got there. Now, Decker is looking like a damn top10 receiver.

I have bashed LaFail since his first day here in Carolina. But I'm not dumb enough to not believe that LaFail can't put up 1000 yards with Peyton throwing him the ball.

#45 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,541 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

It sounded like you're knocking the success of Wilson by believing that Seattle has more receiving weapons than us; 9 different receivers with a catch. I know that a lot of blame goes to Shula and Rivera but like the saying, a coach can only call the play. Players have to execute it. Cam had better receivers two weeks ago vs Seattle with 89 and Olsen. Cam's inability to find 9 different receivers is all on him too, not just the coaches.

Nowhere did I criticize Wilson. You are just being absurd.

As for this concept of nine different receivers. I figured you would jump on that with your usual blind flawed mentality. Right now we have two viable receiving threats. Steve Smith, and Greg Olsen. Where are the other seven?

Who exactly uses this "saying" you are referring to? I'm going to give you a clue genius. A coach does a hell of a lot more than simply "call plays". This is why our team comes out ill prepared, and we fail to make crucial adjustments.

Cam has better receivers than Seattle? Wait, what? You aren't even worth talking to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com