Photo
- - - - -

Following recruiting will

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 07:29 PM

make you nuts. I needed to get that out.

#2 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,621 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 09:02 PM

Yes it will.

#3 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 11:06 AM

can't be that bad as a Carolina fan. One top 50 player commits somewhere else, you simply find another to take his place. Try being a fan of a big school, but not an elite school. Recruiting WILL drive you nuts in those situations. You think you're in a good position with a highly rated recruit, then one of the elite programs swoops in and you went from the favorite to an afterthought. For every big time player you land, you lose 5.

#4 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:58 PM

can't be that bad as a Carolina fan. One top 50 player commits somewhere else, you simply find another to take his place. Try being a fan of a big school, but not an elite school. Recruiting WILL drive you nuts in those situations. You think you're in a good position with a highly rated recruit, then one of the elite programs swoops in and you went from the favorite to an afterthought. For every big time player you land, you lose 5.

The Niners are in a bad spot, in a bad conference and in the shadow of a great conference. It's always going to be tough for them.

#5 Charlotte49erFootball

Charlotte49erFootball

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:23 PM

The Niners are in a bad spot, in a bad conference and in the shadow of a great conference. It's always going to be tough for them.

Your are absolutely correct Htar and it's especially difficult when the people in the city we play in find every excuse imaginable not to support and rally around the home town team.

#6 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:20 PM

Your are absolutely correct Htar and it's especially difficult when the people in the city we play in find every excuse imaginable not to support and rally around the home town team.

I think the ACC is so rooted in Charlotte, and the state for that matter, that the fan support for Niner athletics will always suffer for it.

#7 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:04 PM

Winning cures all. Attendance was comparable to that at Wake and some other ACC schools when we were playing in CUSA with Memphis, Louisville, Cincinnati, Marquette, and UAB. Win and people will come. Win consistently and people will come even when you have a down year. A conference change could certainly help, but only if its to the Big East. For the time being, the Atlantic 10 is the best place to be if you are not in one of the 6 big conferences. I wish we could drop Fordham and add a school like Davidson, Wilmington, or VCU, but that's not very likely. It'd give Charlotte a closer rival for sure. NOBODY could possibly be worse than Fordham. Their admin has basically even admitted they don't give a damn about athletics.

#8 Panthericulous

Panthericulous

I'm calmer than you are..

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:29 PM

its amazing how things change in a matter of days... this offseason has been unreal...

not gonna lie... im liking recruiting since cal arrived... the last couple years i felt like we were the big school missing out on top recruits... except we are an elite program but our coaches werent acting as such... hopefully (and i say that knowing full well) our new coach realizes what he has

#9 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:34 PM

I honestly do not even pay nearly as much of attention to bball recruiting as I do football recruiting, and one of these days I will prob end up in a padded room because of it

#10 PanthersWin

PanthersWin

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:18 PM

make you nuts. I needed to get that out.

So true. This is the first year I have followed all of the insider recruiting stuff for KU. It literally drives you crazy. Too many BS rumors and speculation printed as near fact. X.Henry recruitment is still driving me nuts even though he has already committed to KU and has reassured that fact.

I hear that H.Barnes has KU slightly as his favorite right now. Then I come over here and everyone thinks Barnes to Duke is all but a done deal. I really don't know WTF is going on.

#11 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,145 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:57 PM

Maybe if the people who went there cheered for them instead of someplace they didnt attend itd pry have massive fan supprt

#12 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,332 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:59 PM

srsly.

But on another note. The A-10 has elite talent, at least in the upper half of the conference. Why we continue to send only one to two teams while conferences like the acc send 4 bad teams is a little frustrating.

Edited by Jase, 08 July 2009 - 01:06 PM.

#13 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,145 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 01:01 PM

A-10 Warthog>>>A-10 Conference

#14 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,610 posts