Photo
- - - - -

Following recruiting will

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#16 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:46 PM

can't be that bad as a Carolina fan. One top 50 player commits somewhere else, you simply find another to take his place. Try being a fan of a big school, but not an elite school. Recruiting WILL drive you nuts in those situations. You think you're in a good position with a highly rated recruit, then one of the elite programs swoops in and you went from the favorite to an afterthought. For every big time player you land, you lose 5.

Try being an NC State fan... You used to be a national power and you're still in the elite basketball conference, but you still lose out on a lot of the top national talent because the administration at your school has held the program back for so long.

#17 Charlotte49erFootball

Charlotte49erFootball

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:34 PM

Maybe if the people who went there cheered for them instead of someplace they didnt attend itd pry have massive fan supprt

Can't argue that point. It's been a issue for a long time. Hopefully, football becomes a reality and changes the general attitude.

#18 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,327 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:38 PM

Can't argue that point. It's been a issue for a long time. Hopefully, football becomes a reality and changes the general attitude.

I hope so as well and plan to cheer for UNCC's football team and wish them success like USF's although the recruiting in FL is a gabillion times better.

#19 Panthericulous

Panthericulous

I'm calmer than you are..

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:05 PM

So true. This is the first year I have followed all of the insider recruiting stuff for KU. It literally drives you crazy. Too many BS rumors and speculation printed as near fact. X.Henry recruitment is still driving me nuts even though he has already committed to KU and has reassured that fact.

I hear that H.Barnes has KU slightly as his favorite right now. Then I come over here and everyone thinks Barnes to Duke is all but a done deal. I really don't know WTF is going on.

well the barnes saga will last a loooooooooong time....

i think it will be similar to the john wall recruitment....

#20 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,324 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 11:49 PM

I'm actually surprised I didn't get my first grey hairs over the Eric Gordon fiasco a couple years ago ... from that day until Richmond's commit and moreso the Richardson/Paul/Bertrand package deal were dark days for Illinois recruiting/

#21 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:45 AM

well the barnes saga will last a loooooooooong time....

i think it will be similar to the john wall recruitment....

I dont think so. Barnes will make a decision in the Fall sometime. John Wall's recruitment was an exception considering how deep into the Spring/Summer it went. Plus Barnes has about as good a head on his shoulders as a high school athlete can have and not alot of people pulling him in different directions.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com