Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurb

Panthers 2014 Free Agents

140 posts in this topic

Any confirmation on the Rotoworld article? Would be huge.

No way I can see Stew having another year here if him being cut has little to none cap implications.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4650/jonathan-stewart

Updating a previous item, Jonathan Stewart's base salary spikes to $8.285 million and becomes fully guaranteed if the Panthers decline his $6.875 million offseason option bonus.
These running back contracts signed off on by former GM Marty Hurney continue to haunt the Panthers' franchise, even as "new" GM Dave Gettleman enters year two. Stewart is going to be back with Carolina in 2014. Gettleman would surely love for Stewart to take a pay cut, but J-Stew has leverage and there would be little or nothing the Panthers could do in the event Stewart balked. Jan 13 - 11:35 AM

Panthers can get good cheap on offense.

TE Fred Davis... Great #2 TE and will be cheap 

WR Emmanuel Sanders... Speedy and runs great routs

WR Kenny Britt... Injured last year, will be cheap.

WR Ted Ginn...  nuff said.

Draft OL and CB.

2 people like this

Stewart will rework his contract and will still get his money. 

Panthers can get good cheap on offense.

TE Fred Davis... Great #2 TE and will be cheap

WR Emmanuel Sanders... Speedy and runs great routs

WR Kenny Britt... Injured last year, will be cheap.

WR Ted Ginn... nuff said.

Draft OL and CB.

Dumpster diving at its finest

None of those guys can be relied on. Sanders has issues with drops and you can't bank on Britt coming back to his rookie and sophomore form.

I'm fine with bringing Ginn back.

2 people like this

Stewart will rework his contract and will still get his money. 

I'm sure he will.

Alexander/Blackburn/Florence are gone. There's no way we can resign all these people you have kept on here. Connor will be gone too. Williams or Stewart, one or the other, will not be here next year, and part of the reason I think it's DWill is b/c we drafted Barner. Otherwise we wasted a pick on Barner, which we probably did. I agree BPA CB/WR with 1 and 2 pick.

I think we keep Williams another year. Cutting him would leave Stew, who can't stay healthy, Barner, who is unproven, and Tolbert as our backs. Tolbert is best as a situational back, not an every down back.  For a team that badly needs to upgrade the offense I don't think we cut him just yet. Williams still had over 1,200 total yards this season. If we did cut Williams I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a RB with a 3rd-5th round pick. Great RB's can be found in any round nowadays, and I think with Gettleman's evaluating ability we could steal one. However, I think we have greater needs than RB right now and should focus on them.

People need to realize that all of the money saved from every cut cannot go to signing Hardy or a big FA. Every one if those guys will also have to be replaced.

It is going to take a couple if seasons to get out of the cap hell.

1 person likes this

I think we keep Williams another year. Cutting him would leave Stew, who can't stay healthy, Barner, who is unproven, and Tolbert as our backs. Tolbert is best as a situational back, not an every down back.  For a team that badly needs to upgrade the offense I don't think we cut him just yet. Williams still had over 1,200 total yards this season. If we did cut Williams I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a RB with a 3rd-5th round pick. Great RB's can be found in any round nowadays, and I think with Gettleman's evaluating ability we could steal one. However, I think we have greater needs than RB right now and should focus on them.

We drafted a RB last year. Why would we draft another less unproven back? Everyone here is going to need to come to realization that Williams and/or Stewart will not be here next year, and possibly Kraken and Gross. We can't magically improve without trimming some of the fat. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Seeing that Kugbila is young and will return and from what I heard a good upside, we will most likely let Bell walk.

Kug is a RG

Dumpster diving at its finest

None of those guys can be relied on. Sanders has issues with drops and you can't bank on Britt coming back to his rookie and sophomore form.

I'm fine with bringing Ginn back.

*looks at cap space*

*Looks at needs*

*Looks at Arsens suggestions*

*Doesn't understand what FreeFua is missing*

1 person likes this