Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carpantherfan84

Trent Richardson traded to the Colts

173 posts in this topic

Been laughing amongst a few Brown's fans all afternoon. They kept asking why, and I kept saying Chud.

Dude obviously hates a running game.

Trent Richardson isn't that good. I don't know why everyone is saying this was a horrible move. Richardson is average at best and probably has limited tread from being run into the ground at Alabama.

I've never understood what the big deal is with this guy. He'll probably do OK in Indy with Luck at QB, but if the Browns use this pick to package in order to get a true franchise QB then it'll be well worth it. RB's are a dime a dozen these days.

Seems Chud has figured out that since he won;t be running much why do you need a guy like Richardson. If he had been the head coach and was on the same page with Hurney, we would have gotten rid of Williams and Stewart years ago.   

Count me in with the group that thinks Indy got hosed on this deal.

TR is a very ordinary running back and they got a 1st for him. That's robbery.

And don't talk about what Cleveland gave up to get him. That's sunk cost and has nothing to do with his current value.

1 person likes this

now that i see what they got for him i think it was a pretty cunning move. cleveland is set up very nicely to reap franchise players from the 2014 draft that will net them far more production than a running back who can be easily replaced in the later rounds. chud and that front office may be on to something.

2 people like this

I wouldn't be shocked if this happened. G-Man only has love for pocket passers. However, we didn't get to draft Russell Wilson like we wanted to in the third round sooooo... unless we can draft Bridgewater this would be a terrible, terrible idea. 

Agreed. I would only want Bridgewater, unless there is a desire to take a slightly lesser QB like Murray and build a stud supporting cast around him.  Three first round picks, however , would probably give us enough to move up and get any player we want.

It would be a huge gamble, but I am guessing we are looking for a pocket passer and trying to make Cam one is going to be frustrating. 

I would still like to know how good Cam can be with a line and some WR threats.  To me, there is nothing wrong with a QB who starts in the pocket but has the option to run at any time. 

Basically the Colts made a Hurney trade.  They get their second round pick (Richardson) now for next years first.

now that i see what they got for him i think it was a pretty cunning move. cleveland is set up very nicely to reap franchise players from the 2014 draft that will net them far more production than a running back who can be easily replaced in the later rounds. chud and that front office may be on to something.

the problem is 

1) it's still cleveland making the picks and

2) chud is still their head coach

they've been down this path before, making cunning/shrewd moves or whatever and getting more picks and still wind up sucking.

The difference is: Irsay vs. JR.

Remember Irsay last year with the Vontae Davis trade? and Now this? Die JR. :)