Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carpantherfan84

Trent Richardson traded to the Colts

Seems Chud has figured out that since he won;t be running much why do you need a guy like Richardson. If he had been the head coach and was on the same page with Hurney, we would have gotten rid of Williams and Stewart years ago.   

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9690728/cleveland-browns-trade-trent-richardson-indianapolis-colts-according-source

If only this organization would be willing to make such a bold move for our young struggling QB

Awful move by the Colts, a first round pick for a first round bust RB? Browns superfan sums it up well-http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AFyI98FyaZo

Count me in with the group that thinks Indy got hosed on this deal.

TR is a very ordinary running back and they got a 1st for him. That's robbery.

And don't talk about what Cleveland gave up to get him. That's sunk cost and has nothing to do with his current value.

now that i see what they got for him i think it was a pretty cunning move. cleveland is set up very nicely to reap franchise players from the 2014 draft that will net them far more production than a running back who can be easily replaced in the later rounds. chud and that front office may be on to something.

I wouldn't be shocked if this happened. G-Man only has love for pocket passers. However, we didn't get to draft Russell Wilson like we wanted to in the third round sooooo... unless we can draft Bridgewater this would be a terrible, terrible idea. 

Agreed. I would only want Bridgewater, unless there is a desire to take a slightly lesser QB like Murray and build a stud supporting cast around him.  Three first round picks, however , would probably give us enough to move up and get any player we want.

It would be a huge gamble, but I am guessing we are looking for a pocket passer and trying to make Cam one is going to be frustrating. 

I would still like to know how good Cam can be with a line and some WR threats.  To me, there is nothing wrong with a QB who starts in the pocket but has the option to run at any time. 

now that i see what they got for him i think it was a pretty cunning move. cleveland is set up very nicely to reap franchise players from the 2014 draft that will net them far more production than a running back who can be easily replaced in the later rounds. chud and that front office may be on to something.

the problem is 

1) it's still cleveland making the picks and

2) chud is still their head coach

they've been down this path before, making cunning/shrewd moves or whatever and getting more picks and still wind up sucking.

Awful move by the Colts, a first round pick for a first round bust RB? Browns superfan sums it up well-http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AFyI98FyaZo

Only watched 20 secs of the vid, got real annoyed real fast.

But one thing is certain. It takes some brass balls to pull a move like this if you are the Browns. I mean solid chrome. Think of the implications this has for the franchise and the message it sends about the season. It is going to take some loyal fans to stick around during a season where the FO blatantly tanks the team. They are starting their 3rd string QB for crissakes. I understand both sides of the argument but man, Michael Lombardi's gonna need a semi-truck to carry his cajones.  More power to him.

But whether or not it is a good move remains to be seen. If they become a winner, then this could be reminiscent of the Herschel Walker trade. If not well, Lombardi has already been fired by the Browns once...

I can't believe with Stu and Barner hurt we didn't try to get Richardson.  I know we have D-lo but like Hurndog says we need to keep our strenghs strong.

I can't believe with Stu and Barner hurt we didn't try to get Richardson.  I know we have D-lo but like Hurndog says we need to keep our strenghs strong.

Not sure if serious

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    byrdmansr