Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bucs Freeman benched for rookie Glennon

66 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Glennon has all the mobility of Philip Rivers on codeine.

Monsterz Inc should have a field day.

yeah...........hope he ain't too attached to his ribs and spleen.

5 people like this

Posted · Report post

yeah...........hope he ain't too attached to his ribs and spleen.

Pie for the spleen reference

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Freeman reeks of "veteran Oakland raiders QB" to me. It's like I can see into the future and he'll be thrust as starter once Pryor wears out his welcome
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

His scouting report:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1617564-mike-glennons-complete-scouting-report-and-outlook-heading-into-2013-nfl-draft

To sum it up, an extremely strong arm, somewhat mobile, inconsistent accuracy and makes bad decisions when pressured.

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/12/mike-glennon-scouting-report.html

'This scouting report claims he has terrible mobility and is extremely slow not only in his running, but in setting his feet and throwing. Also said he makes terrible decisions when pressured and has a strong arm

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013mglennon.php

This one calls him a statue in the pocket, not mobile at all. Also claims he's incredibly slow and inconsistent with accuracy and makes terrible decisions when pressured.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

wait wait wait. yall think glennon is an upgrade over freeman?

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Looking like thats two easy wins for us.

Posted · Report post

Ahahahaha! This is too funny! Watch Glennon get his first win and have a career day against us the first time we face him though. Other than that I'm sure he'll be on par with yo gabba gabba for worst QB in the NFL though.

Posted · Report post

and uh... his 40 time is a 4.94.

There are literally lineman who run faster.

Posted · Report post

His scouting report:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1617564-mike-glennons-complete-scouting-report-and-outlook-heading-into-2013-nfl-draft

To sum it up, an extremely strong arm, somewhat mobile, inconsistent accuracy and makes bad decisions when pressured.

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/12/mike-glennon-scouting-report.html

'This scouting report claims he has terrible mobility and is extremely slow not only in his running, but in setting his feet and throwing. Also said he makes terrible decisions when pressured and has a strong arm

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013mglennon.php

This one calls him a statue in the pocket, not mobile at all. Also claims he's incredibly slow and inconsistent with accuracy and makes terrible decisions when pressured.

Moral of this story: Bleacher Report generally blows.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

People are forgetting how we love to make new/bad QB's look amazing.  Remember Brady Quinn vs us?  

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Bwhahahahaha!!!!

At least we're not The Bucs. Always remember that Panther fans.

Posted · Report post

wait wait wait. yall think glennon is an upgrade over freeman?

didn't really see anyone saying that.

not sure the bar is set high there,tho.

Posted · Report post

*Runs to pick up Arizonas defense*

Posted · Report post

He should go ahead and have his spleen removed as a pre-emptive strike.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I don't care who they start as long as we kick their ass.

Posted · Report post

People are forgetting how we love to make new/bad QB's look amazing.  Remember Brady Quinn vs us?  

i think this year its a matter of mobile vs. immobile QBs...and even that i think we start handling mobile QBs fairly well eventually.

glennon is a really tall and scrawny stick in the mud that panics easily. i'm not worried.

Posted · Report post

Just my 2 cents

This is a sign the Bucs are done winning games and are now entering rebuilding mode. I think Freeman is a terrible QB but, this is a terrible move. He could be at least moderately serviceable to the lowly Bucs. I think the main reason Freeman got worse is because Schiano is a terrible coach and doesn't want Freeman to be his guy. Yes Freeman is terrible but, Glennon is a disaster. I was absolutely shocked when Glennon was drafted in the third round. He is wildly inaccurate but most of all, some of the Bucs offensive lineman run a better 40 yard dash time. Combine stats put him at just under 6'8 but he only weighs 225 Pounds. That sounds like a durability nightmare... If Glennon isn't injured or benched by the time we play him it might be a defensive repeat of the Giants game. a QB running a 5.00 40 yard dash in this day and age really has no place in the NFL.

Josh Freeman's contract is up at the end of the year. Might as well sign a vet minimum and come hold Cam's jockstrap.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Glennon is truly a poor man's Joe Flacco, with worse decision making and accuracy.

Either start the Cardinal's defense or Doug Martin, one of the two are in for a big day.

Posted · Report post

With Mikey they are immediately vertical. Not sure they can pull it off though.

I've said this before and it remains true. Our division traps us and TB. We have two teams that play in domes, run on launch pads, and have built their teams to go vertical and win in a shoutout if need be. We are forced to be defensive teams with running (ball control) dominance in order to mathematically compete. Simply put. They are going to have much more success going balls out on passing offense than we would simply because of the home field advantage they get to accompany that type of roster for half their games each year.

We are trying to establish a run game using an extra player (qb) because they have both gravitated to stacking the box over the years.

Look at us and Tampa. Athletic qbs who have huge arms that can take advantage of play action once it's set up, historically strong defenses, prone to big backs as well as backs by committee (multiple looks)

Glennon move goes against conventional thinking IMO.

Posted · Report post

he makes terrible decisions when pressured and has a strong arm

a statue in the pocket, not mobile at all. Also claims he's incredibly slow and inconsistent with accuracy and makes terrible decisions when pressured.

evil-laugh.png

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

That sound I just heard resonating from BoA was da Kraken laughing his ass off
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

I still can't get over the fact they got a sweep on us last year, blehhh!

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

and uh... his 40 time is a 4.94.

There are literally lineman who run faster.

Faster than Brady's

Posted · Report post

I'm not surprised that Schiano has decided to bench Freeman because he has been reluctant for most of his time in charge to endorse Freeman as his quarterback. Sure he has said that Freeman is the starter, but he has also said that he believes in competition at the quarterback position; and when you consider how frustratingly inconsistent Freeman has been throughout his career to date, it is by no means surprising that he has been shown the bench after a poor start to the season. But as a Panthers fan I am rubbing my hands at the prospect of the Buccaneers switching to Glennon.

Why?

Because while Freeman is inconsistent, the thing with Freeman is he is quite capable of putting together a string of big games. Take last season for example, Freeman posted a QB passer rating above a hundred in five consecutive games between week six and week ten. During that time he threw 13 TDs to 1 INT, for a total of 1,467 yards. Now that is very respectable and his statistics during those five weeks were up there with the best QBs in the league. Now granted that season he had a few bad games (W3 @ Dallas, W15 @ New Orleans, W16 St Louis), but outside of those three games, Freeman had generally been above average to good most weeks. And in fact that season he had broken franchise records for the most passing yards and TDs in a single season.  

My point?

For me, Josh Freeman is a talented QB. He has a big arm and is relatively athletic. He isn't elite, and he probably never will be, but he is a good starting QB in the right system. In his second and fourth season with the Buccaneers his passer ratings were 95.9 and 81.6, both of which are quite respectable considering he has never been on an elite team. Now sure last season he did get more support with the additions of Vincent Jackson and Doug Martin, and while he broke franchise records for passing yards and TDs, it did not result in a winning season and a play off football. So I guess I can understand why Schiano has been reluctant to put his weight behind Freeman because last season he still did not take a big enough step forwards. Personally I just don't see the shift from Freeman to Glennon at this point in the season resulting in the Buccaneers becoming a play off team. If anything I see the shift only hindering them in their ability to win games, because despite having talent, Glennon is still a raw prospect that needs a lot of work if he is going to have the touch and mentality to succeed in the NFL. Now I might be wrong about Glennon, and he might step in and do a better job and turn around the Buccaneers season, but personally I think the Buccaneers have a better chance to win with Freeman than Glennon. I guess credit to Schiano for taking a risk on him, but I think this one will back fire. 

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

SWEEP

1 person likes this