Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damn... they trying soo hard.

53 posts in this topic

Posted

who goes to msn for sporting news

It linked me to Fox Sports. It's a headline on Fox Sports.

Posted

lol this is pretty bad.  No mention whatsoever of all the other players that the Forbes magazine article they referenced mentioned wearing it too.  Only Cam.  Trying to paint Cam as a willful sole violator of a rule.  This is pretty damning evidence of the "media conspiracy theory hate mission on Cam".  I've never really bought into it, no more so than understanding that every drama needs its villains,  but this was pretty hard to ignore.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think they fuged up the title.  Here's what they meant to say:

"Cam Newton has been breaking NFL records since his rookie season"

7 people like this

Posted

Cam just delivered the biggest beat down in franchise history, and this is the story plastered all across the media. I'm not one who tries to read a persecution complex into Cam and the media but this crap is damn mystifying.

I don't know that one disgruntled Giants fan who happens to work for a major news magazine taking advantage of his position to be a douchebucket qualifies as 'media'.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't know that one disgruntled Giants fan who happens to work for a major news magazine taking advantage of his position to be a douchebucket qualifies as 'media'.

maybe not but several other news sources ran with the story without checking themselves and taking a "douchebucket"'s word at face value without looking into it themselves.

the media hates cam and in general ESPN dislikes the Panthers. You think it's a coincidence that whenever there is a player or team montage it always show the panthers getting dominated at one point or another?

Posted

maybe not but several other news sources ran with the story without checking themselves and taking a "douchebucket"'s word at face value without looking into it themselves.

the media hates cam and in general ESPN dislikes the Panthers. You think it's a coincidence that whenever there is a player or team montage it always show the panthers getting dominated at one point or another?

Said it before.  I don't really think they hate him.  Most sports guys don't have deep personal feelings about guys they cover unless they know them personally.

Generally speaking, they just have a negative perception of him that most are too lazy to bother verifying because he doesn't play for an 'important' team.

Until the Panthers become more relevant, there's no compelling reason for the national guys to wonder if they're being fair or not, other than journalistic integrity.

(and if you think that exists in modern sports media, I've got bad news for you...) :(

Bottom Line: They just don't know any better.  Should they?  Absolutely, but good luck on that given that nobody much cares but Panther fans.

Posted

Said it before.  I don't really think they hate him.  Most sports guys don't have deep personal feelings about guys they cover unless they know them personally.

Generally speaking, they just have a negative perception of him that most are too lazy to bother verifying because he doesn't play for an 'important' team.

Until the Panthers become more relevant, there's no compelling reason for the national guys to wonder if they're being fair or not, other than journalistic integrity.

(and if you think that exists in modern sports media, I've got bad news for you...) :(

Bottom Line: They just don't know any better.  Should they?  Absolutely, but good luck on that given that nobody much cares but Panther fans.

hate is a strong word. but Cam destroyed a lot of their credibility his first year. And i think you are giving their "naivete" way to much credit. these are supposed professionals.

i don't care about the recognition but i will call bullshit when i see it.

Posted

I'm truly surprised we haven't seen ESPN and NFL Network jump on this story. I figured they would be on this like an oversized bottle on Jacoby Jones' head.

Posted

I'm not usually one to beat the media witch-hunt drum, but holy poo, this is pathetic...

Posted

Who gives a poo that this is all of a sudden news. If someone would have noticed this 2 years ago, it would have bee corrected then. Instead of now, like it has.

I have seen you guys harp on things for years. Cam got away with this for years. Pretty much makes it even.

Got to admit. As much flack as Cam gets, it is amazing that this took so long to be discovered. Evidently, people don't pay enough attention to what Cam actually does. Hard to see how this went unnoticed for so long?

Nitpickers are getting slack nowadays.

That's because/Don't you know: Most people that criticize Cam, don't actually watch him play! :phew:

I don't care about the story myself, really.  But you guys did bring up some good points/contradictions. 

Posted

The funny part is in so many words the NFL said it was ok because nothing has become of it. Prob truth be told half the players in the league wear a logo on there clip.

Posted

it's obviously not getting "corrected" because you could see those clips in the game last night.

if cam gets slammed with a hefty fine it is complete and total bullshit.