Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

Cam fined 10k

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
144 replies to this topic

#136 tight lines

tight lines

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

If this is something we can demonstrate, I suggest we gather 3+ photos from each team that shows those visor clips.  I don't know anything about NFL equipment managers and I would hate to get those dudes in trouble, but if this is something where *all the teams* that use those visor clips are using either Oakley or UA, it would be stupid to fine every single member of the team, because that sounds like something that Nike isn't providing.

I would be willing to wager there are at least 50-60 players wearing either UA or Oakley clips every week. Nike does make some, but Ive only seen 2 or 3 teams using the nike ones out of the 12 or so I looked at. It also seems that all the players on any given team are wearing the same clips, which would support theory that the equipment personnel supply the clips for them.

But then again did anybody actually think that the players have to do anything to their own equipment?

#137 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

Point being rules were broken, a price must be paid. Cam being singled out is wrong, but there needs to be some sore of punishment. However, if you're saying there were no other options I don't see how this would be an issue in the first place.

If the Panthers put a F Goodell patch on everyone's uniform..... Cam would be in violation of the uniform policy. But it would be the Panthers who violated he policy.

Cam will appeal.

League will then acknowledge it is team equipment managers using them. The league wil then get them to stop.

Team issue. Not player. It will get fixed.

#138 MrBubba

MrBubba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

I think only Cam was fined.

#139 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

I think only Cam was fined.

He was....which is why he will appeal. Fine won't hold.

NFL would have to fine probably 75% of all visor wearers. It isn't a player issue. That will come out in the appeal

#140 footballisasport

footballisasport

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:50 AM

So the Panthers slaughtered the Giants and some writer decides to take it out on Cam. Shades of Auburn all over again. Is this what this young man's career going to be like? Everytime he helps a not so significant team win some immature writer digs up some insignificant ish on him and use it to get him in trouble? Welcome to the real politics of our media and Corporate America when it comes to some of these athletes.

Don't get...well maybe I do...why there is so much jealously directed at this young man. But do consider yourselves fortunate to have him and take care of him. This young man seems to be quite a Blessed young man. Whatever others set out to do against him always turn into a positive for him and those around him in the end. I can see Cam taking the Panthers to the play-offs and eventual SB and winning, simply due to all the negative energy always being directed at him.    

#141 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:18 PM

Just saw a Browns player with Under Armour Clips.

#142 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

Just saw a Giants player with UA clips.

#143 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

HUDDLER

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

This is absurd. If there has been anyone else fined for visor clips, I haven't heard about it.

Regardless, Under Armour has to be loving it. Free publicity.

#144 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:01 PM

Guess what son of a bitch has been using this visor for 3 seasons now.........

img20121197.jpg

#145 KillerKat

KillerKat

GTFO Shula

HUDDLER

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

So none of us here can write articles or knows anyone else that can write an article about all of the other players?