Photo
- - - - -

This guy referred to Beason as trash: Give him hell as a parting gift to the Beast

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:23 AM

I mean it's true. Like for example Jake Delhomme was the saints trash and we brought him in and made him our treasure by making the Super Bowl with him.

Jake wasn't trash in New Orleans.

but now in Clev.........................thats a different story.

#17 Jmac

Jmac

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,722 posts
  • LocationAsheville NC

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

Talking TRASH while sitting safely behind a computer screen is common practice these days. I wonder how bold this dude would be if he was face to face with Beason.Good luck beast,hope this works out for you. If not,then have a healthy and happy retirement.Thanks for the effort here in Carolina.

#18 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,379 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:37 AM

figures of speech are a dying part of the english language

#19 PantherAZ

PantherAZ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

But... He also called him a treasure. Not sure if I should hate or love... I'm just a roller coaster of emotions.

#20 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,113 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:43 AM

Grab your pitchforks and torches boys, we gonna have us a ole fashion mobbing.

#21 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,827 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

I don't think he was directly insulting him.  Gave Beason props in the article.  But honestly, he was of low value in Carolina and the fact that the Panthers got anything in return for him is a victory.  I hope he can regain some of his old moxie in New York.  Wish him the best of luck

#22 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,379 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

Nm

#23 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,233 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:10 AM

I know what you're saying in theory, but this is a figure of speech that is usually used in reference to inanimate objects, not people. In fact, I have never heard of it being used in reference to a person.

I have.

Honestly, it's a metaphor that gets used a lot around the NFL with regard to waiver wire pickups, camp cuts, and yes, trades.

I can understand the irritation, but I don't think he meant anything personal by it.

#24 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,791 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

Not cool at all. Although a shell of his former self, at this stage, calling him trash is just disrespectful.

Wait so being called a shell of your former self isn't?

#25 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,379 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

Wait so being called a shell of your former self isn't?

LOL....Dont use a classic figure of speech but go ahead and throw in personal insults!

#26 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,288 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:18 AM

figure of speech.

Beason was replaced at MLB and then at OLB.  

#27 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

fug yeah!!!!!! Let's give this guy hell!! I'm going to blow up his twitt...wait..I just stopped caring..yep...free bagels just happened at the workplace. Later.

#28 Eli Cash

Eli Cash

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationClayton, NC

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:41 AM

Players are getting paid millions, so who really cares if random sports writers try to use different literary devices in order to advance their journalistic aspirations. I mean most of us receive comparable levels of disrepect for substantially less than 5 million dollars a year.

Metaphorically, I would say Jon Beason was trash in the Seattle game and the Bills game of THIS year. But I hope he succeeds and I wish him the best in his journey with the Giants, except for when they play against the Carolina Panthers.

#29 Oldmanrivera

Oldmanrivera

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

LOL....Dont use a classic figure of speech but go ahead and throw in personal insults!

What am I reading.

#30 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

Players are getting paid millions, so who really cares if random sports writers try to use different literary devices in order to advance their journalistic aspirations. I mean most of us receive comparable levels of disrepect for substantially less than 5 million dollars a year.

Metaphorically, I would say Jon Beason was trash in the Seattle game and the Bills game of THIS year. But I hope he succeeds and I wish him the best in his journey with the Giants, except for when they play against the Carolina Panthers.

The issue that is that it is so damn ignorant to say such a thing. Beason is a true warrior and the guy talking this crap probably hasn't even played a down of back yard football in his life. It's not that some players are actually terrible and get traded. It's that this is a former all pro fallen due to injury.

The way it is said also speaks ill of the Panthers. The Panthers would never in a million years consider Beason trash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com