• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

venom

Swiss to Vote on Guaranteed $2800 Monthly Income for All Adults

How often does it happen. Someone gets a job at a factory etc and they are excited that they have a job. They slowly become stagnant about finding a better job. The Monday after xmas they wake up for work. Their birthday they work. Halloween they work. Best friends wedding cant afford, gotta work. Daughters birth, missed it had to work. No walking along the top of a mountain looking down the beautiful landscapes. Meeting people at a bar at midnight in another country. 

No going to the big rock concert in the big city. No late night walks through the countryside on a summer night gettin high with a friend/friends. Life spent at work. Every day. Gotta work work work. We all think we're special. Are we special after 30 years of working at some factory that makes spark plugs. I want to be free. I'm 29 years old and im sick of working my ass off just to afford food apt and a car and 1 coat and a few outfits. I'm starting to get paranoid thoughts that I will never get to meet strangers and have a blast in Europe at midnite. 

I wont get to walk on the top of a mountain with my wife in Tibet. I wont get to peacefully relax in New Zealand. Or hang out at a coffee shop in the Netherlands. it's wake up Monday morning and time for work. And it doesnt stop until you're old and frail with wasted vitality.

Guest Spider Monkey

No its not. Food is abundant all throughout the World. Water covers 75% of the planet. You shouldn't have to work a day in your life at anybody's company to be able to eat an apple. In a perfect world, we would all farm our land and live of of that. In our society where the Government takes in revenue pretty much every second, food and water should be delivered like the mail. Now if people want a new Truck, or a flatscreen, they should have to work for it.

Nobody in America is forced to work. You are free to sit on your ass 24/7. But implying things should be handed to people is fuging absurd. That's what is wrong with America. People think they are entitled and are too good for certain things.

If you don't want to work, fine. Go eat out of a dumpster or hunt for your food and drink water from a creek. But if you want clean water, hot meals, and materialistic things get off your ass and get it yourself.

Nobody in America is forced to work. You are free to sit on your ass 24/7. But implying things should be handed to people is fuging absurd. That's what is wrong with America. People think they are entitled and are too good for certain things.

If you don't want to work, fine. Go eat out of a dumpster or hunt for your food and drink water from a creek. But if you want clean water, hot meals, and materialistic things get off your ass and get it yourself.

You're damn right I'm entitled to food and water. 99% of the things we work for we don't need, but if you want it then you should have to work for it. 

However back in the day fishing and hunting considered of going into a river, grabbing fish and cooking it. Corporations are taking all of the farm land, and one day its going to be illegal to grab an apple off of a tree. All I'm saying is society is rich enough to provide everybody with the basics. 

What pisses me off about this is people expect jobs to just land out of the sky. THERE ARE NO JOBS to be found. What are people supposed to do?

I got where I am from hard work.

Not sitting around bitching about what others have. Not sitting around claiming that I was "owed" anything.

I did what it took to get my education. My parents paid for nothing. I could have easily thrown up my hands and said life was not fair and that society owed me....and I would he like most of you.

I chose to be better than that. I said I was willing to do whatever it took to get my education...working multiple jobs.

I chose to do what it took to move up the corporate ladder....working 18 hrs a day for several years in public Accra.

I knew that I needed a grad degree to get where I wanted...so I went back to school at night.

I decided that I wanted a 4.0 in grad school....and I spent 20 hrs a day working at my job and studying to achieve it.

What made college avail to me...hard work and making the grades in HA.

What made college possible for me....me bring willing to work 3 jobs and take a full load at school.

What made a grad degree possible...being willing to give up my nights and week-ends for over 2 years.

So, keep bitching about what you don't have and what society owes you. I will keep looking at you in my rear view mirror.

If you thought you could make 2,800 dollars a month would you have not put in this work? Or would you still have strived to achieve the successes you now enjoy?

I think you still would have worked hard. You wanted to be better than what you had as a child so you worked yo achieve that. Paying someone just 2,800 a month would not have changed that in you.

BTW I am not convinces that this is a good idea anywhere, especially the US, but it is an interesting discussion

Guest Spider Monkey

But answer me this. Do you think a 9-5 work routine 5 days a week is natural?

About as natural as sitting on your lazy ass and crying about how you are entitled to food and water.

I work 6am until 7pm 6 days a week.

About as natural as sitting on your lazy ass and crying about how you are entitled to food and water.

I work 6am until 7pm 6 days a week.

So..not natural at all? Gotcha. The logical blackhole you keep falling into is that you don't think people are entitled to necessities of life. 10,000 years ago food and water couldn't be provided, so people had to get it themselves. Now, food and water could easily be provided to all 7 billion people on the planet. What can't be provided (a new pair of Jordans) should be worked for. 

And I seriously pity anybody that is willing to work 13 hours a day, 6 days a week, unless you have like 9 children to feed. Is whatever you're trying to buy really worth losing a good chunk of your life working?

I bet madhatter is that guy that complains about traffic on a sunday afternoon on his way to like a country club or something

"where are all these derelicts going? Oh that's right probably to buy drugs or see their babymama. Get a job and off the road"

I bet madhatter is that guy that complains about traffic on a sunday afternoon on his way to like a country club or something

"where are all these derelicts going? Oh that's right probably to buy drugs or see their babymama. Get a job and off the road"

To his driver...

The vilification of success on this board is appalling. The dude worked hard to get where he is to live a comfortable life and people try to make fun of him for his effort? I don't get it man.

The vilification of success on this board is appalling. The dude worked hard to get where he is to live a comfortable life and people try to make fun of him for his effort? I don't get it man.

I don't think it's that, it's how he flaunts and uses it in his discussions.  I don't mind he's successful, just that, we shouldn't make it harder on others than it has to be because it was for us.

It is not hate toward Huddlers with success and money, it is the disdain of the arrogance and vile spit of those who seem to have a disconnect with those that happen to live outside of success and money.

These Huddlers ignore or refuse to acknowledge the struggles that are individually unique and paint them in broad strokes of being leeches and worthless-less-than humans.

Working hard and giving effort is nice but if you do not think people work hard at a chicken processing plant or as part a cleaning crew then your wrong.

These individuals may have three jobs and give great effort at their jobs but bc of poor elementary, middle, high schools, language limitations, family oligations they cannot get a degree or technical job training so they are stuck.

Social Stratisfication is at the lowest rates in the US's history so for someone to come from a poor background and acheive upper middle class is the exception and "working hard "is not always the primary factor of success.