Photo
- - - - -

Cams worst problem

Best Answer PiratePanther189, 06 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

Here's the problem. What do you do now? You've got Ginn who appears to actually be reliable over the middle which could be huge in gameplans...but Olsen has had the dropsies although he's still one of the best, LaFell has the dropsies, and Smitty is really showing that he's lost a step more than we ever imagined. We don't really have that big play threat anymore...Olsen isn't a big play threat, he's a nickel and dime move the chains guy.

Unfortunately, this team is going to have to rely on Cam's running ability, and Shula just refuses to use that. He has coached Cam away from running for months now.

We have to find a happy medium. What Chud was doing, and what Shula has been doing. In between, and in my opinion we've got a somewhat MAYBE respectable offense.

Let Cam make plays, move him around, and SPREAD THE FIELD. Cam doesn't work well in bunch formations that has become very apparent. He's a big, spread offense quarterback.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,426 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

The thing that stuck out the most today was not the arm throws or pocket presence, it was forcing the ball to Smith. We have seen it for years and for years it was a favorable match up but old man time has caught up with Smith. Yet I know in my hart every time he goes in that huddle he is begging for the ball. The fact is Can needs to look the other way and see other players are open.

#2 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,346 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

The thing that stuck out the most today was not the arm throws or pocket presence, it was forcing the ball to Smith. We have seen it for years and for years it was a favorable match up but old man time has caught up with Smith. Yet I know in my hart every time he goes in that huddle he is begging for the ball. The fact is Can needs to look the other way and see other players are open.

The fact is Cam only trusts Smitty and Olsen. We saw today why Newton doesn't look LaFell's way as much as we'd like to see. Brandon dropped two crucial passes (a touchdown and that fourth down play). By the end of the year, Ginn could be our most reliable WR outside 89. I hope Cam and Ted develop more chemistry because I'm tired of waiting for LaFell to step up.

#3 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,411 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

Yep, the reality is that there's only 2 receivers on the roster right now that Cam trusts, but I think Ginn might be getting there.

#4 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,292 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

Smith and Olsen are the most consistent, hard to trust a guy who drops a pass for a 4th down conversion and laughs it off.

#5 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,346 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

Yep, the reality is that there's only 2 receivers on the roster right now that Cam trusts, but I think Ginn might be getting there.

Agreed, I hope Cam and Ginn develop a rapport. LaFell shouldn't be resigned next year.

#6 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:08 PM   Best Answer

Here's the problem. What do you do now? You've got Ginn who appears to actually be reliable over the middle which could be huge in gameplans...but Olsen has had the dropsies although he's still one of the best, LaFell has the dropsies, and Smitty is really showing that he's lost a step more than we ever imagined. We don't really have that big play threat anymore...Olsen isn't a big play threat, he's a nickel and dime move the chains guy.

Unfortunately, this team is going to have to rely on Cam's running ability, and Shula just refuses to use that. He has coached Cam away from running for months now.

We have to find a happy medium. What Chud was doing, and what Shula has been doing. In between, and in my opinion we've got a somewhat MAYBE respectable offense.

Let Cam make plays, move him around, and SPREAD THE FIELD. Cam doesn't work well in bunch formations that has become very apparent. He's a big, spread offense quarterback.

#7 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,292 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

"Oh I dropped pass for a first down on 4th down, that's hilarious guys!"- Lafell

#8 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

Did Lafell seriously laugh?

Video? 

That burns me up if true. 

#9 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,426 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:14 PM

Smith had just a crucial if not more drop than LaFell. My point is teams still roll to that side to cover smith because they know Can forces it to him.

#10 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,756 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:22 PM

He actually connected with like six different targets today.

That first drive he was on fuging fire. That drop in the end zone was a game changer imo.

#11 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

Did Lafell seriously laugh?

Video?

That burns me up if true.

Yea he was definitely on the bench laughing after the play. Hell he walked off the field with a smirk.

Cams biggest problem is he plays for the Carolina Panthers. Oliver Luck is a great great father.

#12 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:26 PM

That first drive he was on fuging fire. That drop in the end zone was a game changer imo.

Your favorite target drops a td pass after you were perfect on the drive and then your "#2" wr drops a 4th down pass in the redzone. I kept saying it all game, you can't keep expecting Cam to play perfect all game while everyone around him plays like poo. Eventually he'll lose confidence and start forcing poo

#13 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,426 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

Yes he did well on the first drive but it was downhill after that.

#14 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,346 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

Cam went 21 for 39 today. Think about this, we had Smitty, LaFell and Barner alone drop 5 passes inbetween them. How can this offense ever be in-sync if our targets can't make keep up with Newton?

#15 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,208 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

Cam's worst problem: "DECISION MAKING".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.