861 replies to this topic

#31 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

Billy Connelly woulda made a better Abraham.

#32 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth they beer.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,511 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

He will always be Bull Randleman.

Not sure, but to me he'll always be Cole from D3.

#33 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,314 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

i think the way we watch tv/movies in large degree means we are kinda formated for how things are supposed to shake out.

sure last night was not an over the top knock out punch to start things off but isn't that typical tv? i think the show went the other direction in terms of setting the table for the rest of the season early on by saying don't get close to anybody.

i noticed one zombie Rick kept looking at near the fence who had messed up eyes and that's what hap to the kid who got sick. messed up eyes.

also wouldn't it be boring if they went page for page like the comics? mix it up some. not invert the story arc but change it up is fine.

#34 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,222 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

The scene with the girl and rick in the woods started out showing an up close of a spider on a web. I was hoping it would be foreshadowing for rick walking into the hunters. That would have been so much better of a beginning of the season.

#35 The_Light_Brigade

The_Light_Brigade

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationCaddyshack

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

Not sure, but to me he'll always be Cole from D3.

Holy Crap talk about a throwback I had totally forgot about that.  Wow.  

#36 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 6,915 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

I thought last nights episode was super boring. Am I the only one?

Nope, thought it was on the boring side too but hopefully this virus storyline helps create a better balance between plot/character and action on the show.

#37 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 21,783 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

At first I was not that impressed with the opener for this season but upon further reflection. starting with relative calm and some introspection/setup should turn out to be a great decision. The introduction of the health issue is overdue logically but right on time storytelling wise.

#38 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,423 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

tbqh I think they actually dealt the comic a blow because the comic really never addresses disease in a post-apocalyptic society... aside from the obvious, of course...

+1 for the show, I guess...

#39 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,476 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

tbqh I think they actually dealt the comic a blow because the comic really never addresses disease in a post-apocalyptic society... aside from the obvious, of course...

+1 for the show, I guess...

Just being a weirdo about sick people being around me....I have wondered when they would bring it up.  The way that they are living on top of each other would certainly make it very easy to get sick a lot.

All I know is I am ready to watch episode 2.

#40 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,780 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

I've seen people speculating that the 'Dead' virus may be airborne. Given that the mythology is everyone has it anyway, why would that matter?

Now if they're talking about it mutating to where it kills people directly rather than just waiting for them to die...

#41 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

here's Abraham:

m_cudlitz.jpg

Color me unimpressed. Dude is like a beefier version of Samwise Gamgee.

lmao

this is a straight up laughable casting decision

edit: i just read the comments section on the article announcing the new cast members and wow... everyone seems to be thrilled with the choice.

#42 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

The scene with the girl and rick in the woods started out showing an up close of a spider on a web. I was hoping it would be foreshadowing for rick walking into the hunters. That would have been so much better of a beginning of the season.

But, didja notice the web? Hanging straight down, like it was eaten by acid or something.

#43 xlightsoutx

xlightsoutx

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,393 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

Season premiere just sets the stage for where we're at. Like they said on Talking Dead, this picks up about 6 or 7 months after the season 3 finale. You gotta lay out where they're at as a group right now. Daryl has pretty much become the leader of the group, with Rick taking a smaller role. This was a direct draw from the comics (although we didn't get to see it happen on screen, and obviously, Tyrese and Herschel were in charge in the comics at this point). I think we will see the Hunters arc by midseason, because with Abraham and his group coming in, you almost have to. And instead of Dale yelling "TAINTED MEAT!" I think we'll be seeing Herschel playing that role (which would be awesome, as it's one of the most memorable moments in the comic).

By the end of episode 5, I think we're out of the prison. The pacing for the premiere was good enough. Sets things in motion to pick up fast. They peppered in enough action to keep your attention, and built up a few smaller plots among the characters that should play out nicely. I DO have a couple of gripes though...

1) Since WHEN does Rick not want to take his gun?! That is TREMENDOUSLY out of character and bugged me. Sure, it was short lived and he'll have it with him at all times again, but come on. Don't make him so soft.

2) Tyrese is a softy too!? Since when!? Sure, he had a big heart in the comics, but he wasn't so damn shook up about killing walkers. Good to see they have him in pimp mode early. Hopefully they pull his storyline with Michonne into play.

#44 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• HUDDLER
  • 3,859 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

dumb asses leaving all of their doors unsecured. I hope they all get eaten over on D block

#45 JPPT1974

JPPT1974

St Patty's Day!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationSeymour TN

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

The premiere had 16.1M viewers. As that is nearly in the top five of the cable shows in history to rank with so many viewers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.