• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hollywood

Something's up....

sure we're making roster spots to get some players to see if can develop them for the end of the season or going into next year....KEEP POUNDING...its a process this GM will make us relevant for years to come....starting year 3.....year 2 will show a better team but not looked at as team to look up 2.....the third year will show this team is starting to take off.....

Yeah my thinkin has always been around year three we will truly see what gettle is doing. He's done great this year so far, can't wait to see what's in store next year.

it seems like an awful idea to go with 4 WRs when your highest production WR is also your return man...

It's possible, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. We've been burned by that expectation before.

I honestly thought he was already on the roster. That must be why I haven't noticed him.

What you mean?

He's on the 53 man roster, but hasnt been activated on game day yet.

but something IS up.  why cut edwards now?  what the hell happened?  It's not like we absolutely needed to sign one more OL or something and he was the odd man out, we already HAD spots...

I honestly thought he was already on the roster. That must be why I haven't noticed him.

Hes been active in two games.

Stings. If this keeps up and Cam signs back I'd lose all respect for him as business man. I'm a Panthers first guy but I'd hate to see his Career be ruined by this team.

I respectfully disagree about this part in bold.

I think Cam has cost us enough games to blame him for a lot of our losses.

sure we're making roster spots to get some players to see if can develop them for the end of the season or going into next year....KEEP POUNDING...its a process this GM will make us relevant for years to come....starting year 3.....year 2 will show a better team but not looked at as team to look up 2.....the third year will show this team is starting to take off.....

If it takes until year 3 of the Gettleman era for us to start to take off, then Gettleman hasn't been very good at his job.

Teams go from bad to good in 1 offseason in the NFL. That is especially true if you already have a QB like Cam and a talent like Luke on the defensive side.

Hire good coaches, beef up the o-line and WR corps, and we should be good next year. No more excuses.

That's utter crap. Our defense singlehandedly cost us four games last year, and we were a top 15 defense last year. So please...

Cam did cost us The Seattle game however.

How'd Cam cost us the Seattle game? He didn't fumble.

Well we saved about half a mil by cutting him. Which we will have to spend that again if not more to hire another #5 bench rider who WONT be an emergency qb. Makes no sense to me.

Tomorrow could be a great day. Fingers crossed.

I know it's prolly a pipe dream but picture us giving a second for Gordon, drafting Watkins in round 1 and resigning Ginn while moving smitty to the slot. We'd have the best receiving corps in the NFL.

If it takes until year 3 of the Gettleman era for us to start to take off, then Gettleman hasn't been very good at his job.

Teams go from bad to good in 1 offseason in the NFL. That is especially true if you already have a QB like Cam and a talent like Luke on the defensive side.

Hire good coaches, beef up the o-line and WR corps, and we should be good next year. No more excuses.

Take off as start to be seen as a team with a constant future every season...people see after next years season that we are a force to be reckoned with but year 3 will show a time on the rise as a franchise on the rise.....looked at like people see the old Pats, Gaints, Old Colts, etc......

Yeah, I'd like to let my mind wander...

I actually wondered if the Beason deal to the Giants was a "you scratch my back, and when I come back, which I will very soon, you scratch mine" deal.  As in, we traded them Beason for little to nothing, and we get first crack at trading for Nicks and for much less than what the Giants would give him up for with any other team.

That being said, I'm a Panthers fan.  So, I know that a big deal for a big-time player after finally cutting the useless, waste of a roster spot that AE was, is NOT happening.

It's most likely we're signing Taye Biddle to come back in and fulfill the obligatory "training camp hero, sure-fire hall of fame WR" roster spot

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    biggie01

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts