#31 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,796 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

Here is a snippit of a timeline with decent arguments from a good documentary on Netflix.

The interviews with Folklore experts and scholars bring up points that make perfect sense and should be viewed bc they support the OP.

#32 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,134 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

Here is a snippit of a timeline with decent arguments from a good documentary on Netflix.

The interviews with Folklore experts and scholars bring up points that make perfect sense and should be viewed bc they support the OP.

Jesus... the most successful urban legend ever?

#33 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,493 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

Hell, at least this shows motive.

The traditional story of Jesus, and subsequently Christianity, cannot be believed by a thinking person. It's absolutely preposterous.

#34 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,139 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

Hell, at least this shows motive.

The traditional story of Jesus, and subsequently Christianity, cannot be believed by a thinking person. It's absolutely preposterous.

"if you don't believe in something, you'll believe in anything" is one of the most ironic statements i've ever heard

#35 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,859 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

http://uk.prweb.com/...web11201273.htm

For anyone interested in world religions this is a pretty interesting take.

Seemed Tinderbox worthy as some of you are well versed in spotting government propaganda.

It seems logical if you dont know whats written in the New testament which is the foundation of chrisitainity but it's very anti-roman in many area's even in especially in Revelations. 

Honestly of all the attempts to debunk christianity this only I think is probably one of the weaker attempts, you would have to ignore large portions of the new testament to even begin to believe this.

and as I've stated before I am a theist first christian second, so it's not like ya'll are hurting my feelings by even questioning anything, I've questioned many times myself and still do sometimes that there isn't a better answer to the question of who is God. but firmly believe that there is one.

#36 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

Joke's on them because Christianity is what ended up bringing Rome down.

#37 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,134 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

Joke's on them because Christianity is what ended up bringing Rome down.

Joke's on us too, 'cause they're up to their old tricks right here in America. 

#38 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,155 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:30 AM

Islam confirmed Jesus existed... They even call him "the man without a sin" in Koran.

Too many eye witnesses of his existence.

Some people still believe concentration camps never existed and Jewish never got mass murdered by nazis... There are always be people that denying history.

Um what? I haven't even heard the crazy christian bible scholars claim that. Islam and the Koran are super late sources. I believe early 600s. If that counts as evidence then u might as well take your own words as proof. There area lot of books on this subject. I suggest Bart Ehrman. He writes the textbooks used in the most prestigious colleges and he's written several books for layman.

Please name all these eye witnesses and what they each believed about Jesus.

#39 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,494 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:05 AM

Huh?

Islam is based on a man walking into the dessert and meeting the angel Gabriel who revealed to him the actual true religion 600 years after the time of Jesus.

If you call that confirming... well....

did anyone else get a mental image of a guy walking into a mountain of cheap soft serve vice cream?

#40 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,300 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:43 PM

Even though Joseph Atwill's presentation seems to be recent news, the actual claims he makes is at least two years old or older.  You can watch him talking about it in this video...

So it seems his main argument comes from how Jesus is presented in the Gospels, and what Josephus wrote in his book "The Jewish War", also known as "The Wars of the Jews".  One major problem with this is even if we were to say romans had a hand in creating the Gospels, the Gospels themselves aren't the earliest writings concerning Jesus.  Paul's writings are the earliest concerning Jesus that we have.  Which is why many believe it was Paul who truly invented Christianity, but of course I disagree with that. (For one, from what we have, Paul always addressed to those who were already Christian.  So it's not that Paul invented Christianity, but he preached Christianity.  A good bit of people would say his own version of it)

So his arguments are moot right there for the most part.  A lot of what is written in the Gospels concerning Jesus, Paul himself wrote about. (Again, before the Gospels)

#41 Lloyd Christmas

Lloyd Christmas

So you're telling me there's a chance....

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationAspin, Colorado

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:07 AM

sounds like a gigantic argument from conclusion, which is as anti-scholastic a methodology as they come, but we'll see what he says. i'm interested to see what kind of evidence he cites in support of this position and whether or not there are any legitimate corroborating sources.

on the surface this seems to fall in line with gavin mensies/georgio tsoukalos bullshit for-profit pseudoacademia.

I read that on the back of a cereal box once.

#42 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,030 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

Sounds like someone is stealing ideas from old John Carpenter movies.

#43 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 10,075 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

Unless we all just rot in the ground when we die, in that case, no one will find out the truth in any amount of time.

You must be a riot at office parties.

#44 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

There are more written books and testimonials about Jesus then there were for Julius Caesar.....so there's that.

Lol, this story is about as believable as thinking that "Little Caesars" pizza company created Caesar so they could have a mascot.

#45 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,908 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

They witnessed him and he was significant but the first writings about him are 70+ years after his death...seems legit!

Yeah the printing press was broken for a couple of decades, sorry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.