Photo
- - - - -

I've been told this is funny because it is photoshopped. I still don't find it humorous. Do you?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#16 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,104 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:34 AM

I'm not sure it implied racism, just that the woman cheated on him and he obviously found out because the baby came out black.  No other way for a picture to tell you she cheated on him.  Although you would assume by now he'd be used to the idea and wouldn't punch her before a family photo.  Maybe at the hospital would make more sense?  The fact he's there, posing in a family picture should show you that he probably cares for the baby even though it is black, therefor negating implied racism.   

That being said, it's not that funny really, maybe to 12 year olds it is.

#17 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,740 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:38 AM

There isn't really any direct racism in the picture if you take the perspective that the gender of the baby helps to define the story as "He hit her because she cheated", because if the baby was white you wouldn't be able to tell. 

Of course, it might have been the fact that she cheated on him with a black man that made him so over the top mad as to strike her. Either way, it's a horribly photoshopped photo that tries to provide humor from some fairly distasteful subjects - particularly domestic violence and infidelity, neither of which do I find the least bit amusing. 

#18 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

The racism I get is when they turned the baby's skin dark.

Do you think this is racist?

Minstrel.jpg

Okay, maybe they didn't put in a banjo in the photo, but still... They implied the domestic abuse was the result of an adulterous affair with someone of a darker complexion, by changing the baby's skin color... Changing the skin color, while also implying the affair, is still a racial alteration to the photograph.

#19 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,366 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

While you see changing the skin color as racially motivated I see it as a way of distinguishing that the child was not his. Of course with the sense of humor the person has there is no way to know their intention and it certainly could have been racially motivated. Since we are in a vacuum with this picture, not knowing the background, I find it interesting top see what people think.

oj-naked-gun-500x281.jpg

Then Frank Drebin chases Nordberg down the hall....racism? or easiest way to show infidelity

#20 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,790 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

i laughed

#21 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,956 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

While you see changing the skin color as racially motivated I see it as a way of distinguishing that the child was not his. Of course with the sense of humor the person has there is no way to know their intention and it certainly could have been racially motivated. Since we are in a vacuum with this picture, not knowing the background, I find it interesting top see what people think.

oj-naked-gun-500x281.jpg

Then Frank Drebin chases Nordberg down the hall....racism? or easiest way to show infidelity

The only way you can compare these two us if Frank instead if chasing OJ around went and beat the shyt out of Elvis' ex wife and played the spousal abuse for laughs.

#22 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,490 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

not offended, but didn't find it funny either so...

#23 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,366 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

The only way you can compare these two us if Frank instead if chasing OJ around went and beat the shyt out of Elvis' ex wife and played the spousal abuse for laughs.

So its about spousal abuse and not racially motivated

#24 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

I suppose I'd have to find the original posting of the photoshop to truly judge the racial content. However, when I go to the places that do have it posted with comments, the comments seem more racially charged as opposed to having to deal with an affair...

#25 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,790 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:01 PM

so how many of you laugh at family guy on the reg

#26 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,366 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

Perhaps I don't think of things like that first and foremost. My wife and I talked about adopting at some point in our lives after we are done having kids naturally. They most likely will be from somewhere like Kenya. So to me seeing to white people with a baby of another race doesn't make my mind go down that path

(But I understand the intent)

#27 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,366 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

within the last ten years?

#28 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,790 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

well i had a nice lengthy reply typed up, hit reply, and something choked and my comment got deleted.

more later

#29 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

I feel like you're reaching, as were the other references to a movie.

This is a photo of average folks that was edited and circulated on the internet.

For all I know, the person that made it isn't paid for their comedy, nor on a level of a movie or tv director as far as artistic or creative license goes.

Again, PhillyB, I'm not trying to guilt you into anything or whatever. I just felt like it was a statement towards society as to how people react to things like this differently.

#30 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,956 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

So its about spousal abuse and not racially motivated

It is about both. I think the white family in front of a black child is also being played for a laugh in this case.

But my point is even if a black child is there to tell a story it is still not funny if you are only playing on abuse and infidelity.

As a matter of fact I don't think it is funny on any level.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com