• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:31 AM

You're right. I went back and looked at the box score and now I do remember he ran out of gas and tripped over himself. We did actually score a TD on the ensuing drive from inside the 5.

I had also forgotten that Reuben Droughns killed us that day. fug him.

The Willig flag play would have been the game tying field goal. I assume that his 15 yard penalty tacked onto the penalty he received which actually drew the flag resulted in us being out of fg range.

Oh yes, that game, against Jake Plummer. Something is making me think that Peppers didn't get the TD on that return. I think he ran out of gas and tripped over his own feet around the five yard line. We probably only came away with a FG.

#17 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,263 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:51 AM

You're right. I went back and looked at the box score and now I do remember he ran out of gas and tripped over himself. We did actually score a TD on the ensuing drive from inside the 5.

The Willig flag play would have been the game tying field goal. I assume that his 15 yard penalty tacked onto the penalty he received which actually drew the flag resulted in us being out of fg range.

Pie for research lol

#18 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,794 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

Ahhh the days peppers gave a half a fug. I wonder how the Bears like him now he does not give a fug at all.

#19 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,734 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:49 AM

I remember that play.

Watched the video thoroughly.  You never even saw Willig so much as twitch.

No idea what that ref saw. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com