Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYT: Reason for Optimism as Panthers Shed Cautious Ways

27 posts in this topic

Posted

But there is reason to be optimistic about the Panthers. Carolina has outscored its opponents by 41 points this season, the most by a 2-3 team since 1921. There has been a strong relationship between points differential and the future performance of 2-3 teams. Of all the 2-3 teams from 1990 to 2012, 11 have outscored opponents by 20 or more points, with an average points differential of 28.5. Over the rest of the season, those 11 teams won 64.9 percent of their games.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/16/sports/football/reason-for-optimism-as-panthers-shed-cautious-ways.html?ref=sports&_r=0

Still some semblance of hope for the season...

2 people like this

Posted

I'm happy that Ron has finally grown a pair, but he's still done nothing to disprove that he can't win close games, unfortunately.

3 people like this

Posted

I'm happy that Ron has finally grown a pair, but he's still done nothing to disprove that he can't win close games, unfortunately.

If we win all our games by 25 points, no one will care.

7 people like this

Posted

Isn't it sad when other media market writers produce better, more insightful panthers material than our own beat writers?

2 people like this

Posted

I'll take it

1 person likes this

Posted

just blow every team out and we're good to go

6 people like this

Posted

Isn't it sad when other media market writers produce better, more insightful panthers material than our own beat writers?

Person sniffs the super glue he uses to hold up his hair did

Posted

Yeah, that's not happening. So let's stop with the unrealistic hypotheticals.

1 person likes this

Posted

Panther beat writers= $50k a year

NYT Sportswriters= $100k+ a year

You get what you pay for.....

1 person likes this

Posted

So I'm curious, what's to stop one of us like Mr Scot, fug, PhillyB, any of us who've proven we can write worth a damn, and trying to infiltrate the Disturber from the inside?  We trolled the NFL's website this summer, getting a Huddler hired as a beat reporter may just be the best thing any fanbase has ever done.

I nominate SCP...Saints, Foreskins, Cowfagos and *Stealer games would become even more legendary.

Posted

Back to reality...

Posted

Chase is all over this because he is hung up on going for it on 4th down. Still is one of the best in the business though.