SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

http://www.newsday.c...iants-1.6245387

Apparently he is playing quite well. It would be nice to see him shine again, even if it's with another team.

I only mention this in the Panther's section because it was for a conditional pick. Whatever the conditions were, it looks like Beason might be meeting them. Here's to hoping for a 5th or 6th if he continues to play like this.

#2 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,764 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

a successful beason can only mean good things for us. here's to a return to his former self

#3 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,741 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:29 AM

"Sometimes perception is not necessarily reality," Beason said. "They made it a story down there, but for me, I'm very confident in who I am. I know what I can do, I know what I've done and you can always bank on that."

I hear you, Jon.

Even with a possible 5th or 6th pick, I am calling it now: The Giants got the better of that deal.

#4 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

lol at John taking over from the start!

Very happy for him.

Is there any chance we could get a fourth?

#5 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,454 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

If you asked me 6 weeks ago if I would ever pull for a Giant player I would have smacked you....

now look at me! Go Beast!!

#6 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:34 AM

I hear you, Jon.

Even with a possible 5th or 6th pick, I am calling it now: The Giants got the better of that deal.

If it's a fifth, its a win-win-win.

Jon gets to stay a starter, something he has a lot of passion about.

Giants get a playmaker they badly need.

Panthers get a draft pick, but it doesn't end there. No way would we be giving Beason any sort of large contract now that we have the #1 MLB in the NFL on the team. No one pays a backup big $$$ to sit on a bench, and we know he was lacking in the OLB role. It was best to cut ties with him and wish him the best, saving us future cap in the process.

#7 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,183 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

omg just remembered my dream last night: Dave Gettleman took center stage at half-time and told us the Beason pick was for a conditional 3rd rounder. fug.

#8 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,331 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

I hear you, Jon.

His performance in NY is not indicative of any kind of potential performance in Carolina because he is playing a different position - the realtiy is that he is an average OLB and potentially a very good to excellent MLB.  It truly is a win-win-win because the Giants got a proven player who may return to playing at a very high level at the cost of a mid-to-late round draft pick, Carolina moved a player who was underperforming at his position compared to the depth and especially compared to his contract, and Beason is back to starting at his natural position that I'm sure he secretly never wanted to move from in the first place. 

#9 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,741 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

Panthers get a draft pick, but it doesn't end there. No way would we be giving Beason any sort of large contract now that we have the #1 MLB in the NFL on the team. No one pays a backup big $$$ to sit on a bench, and we know he was lacking in the OLB role. It was best to cut ties with him and wish him the best, saving us future cap in the process.

On paper, and from Jon's perspective, I totally agree. I'm just a little bit sour on the FO right now. I know the jury is still out on a few of our later round picks, but I don't trust our FO to get whatever pick it is for a player with even half the potential of Beast.  But, it's still a win-win situation, regardless of the pick.

#10 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,331 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

You posted while I was typing - I agree 100%. 

#11 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

A fifth is not bad compensation for an often injured player who has little value to your team..You don't get extra trade value for sentimental reasons.. I'm glad he is able to contribute for them.

#12 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,739 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:03 AM

This talk of receiving a fifth round pick is just guessing. I think we may all end up being disappointed in the end, unfortunately.

I don't see much of a way that we can come out on the winning side of this trade regardless.

#13 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:06 AM

I don't think it's a situation where you are trying to win the trade. Would keeping him on the bench for the rest of the season be a better situation? for  anyone?

#14 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,739 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

Nobody said "hey, let's keep him". Either way, keep him or trade him, it was not going to be a win-win.

#15 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,874 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

Better for all for him to leave.  

Maybe we can get rid of JStew and DWill at some point as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.