Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ginn

68 posts in this topic

Posted

one more of these Ginn and i will......

tedd-ginn-jr-dropped-td-pass-against-tam

Posted

That drop on the bomb irks me to no end.

Posted

I feel like that drop by Ginn was mental after the fumble that never happened he was a little shaken.

Posted

Great discussion in this thread. Looks like the majority feel he has made a big difference for us. I for one get excited every time he has a ball in his hands because you know that on any play he can take it to the house.

1 person likes this

Posted

Gotta be aware of where the ball is on those deep passes

Posted

He did a great job blocking Darrelle Revis with his butt :blink:

2 people like this

Posted

I feel like that drop by Ginn was mental after the fumble that never happened he was a little shaken.

Good possibility given he is likely still acutely aware of the rep he had coming in here.  Very few guys can completely block that sort of thing out of their mind quickly.  As I noted earlier, stats and film prove we got one helluva bargain. If we keep spreading the ball around and continue to be a threat with the run, not to mention Cam finally using checkdowns and short routes, the field is going to open up for Ginn and the eighty yard TD bomb is only a matter of time.  He's just too dang fast for that not to happen at some point.

Posted

It looked to me like the angle gave Ginn a good view of the approaching defender and he tried to turn the burners up field a little early to avoid contact.

1 person likes this

Posted

It did look like he started turning his head upfield prematurely. On another note, the basketball block out, and the block the other week when he laid someone out for Lafell were great indicators that he gets it.

1 person likes this

Posted

It did look like he started turning his head upfield prematurely. On another note, the basketball block out, and the block the other week when he laid someone out for Lafell were great indicators that he gets it.

Agreed. I like to see a receiver willing to do whatever it takes to get the ball in the endzone. Not just a pass catcher.

Posted

Every receiver drops passes.

Until it's consistent, it's not a worry.

Posted

You realize that was his first and only drop of the year right?

Historically, I'll concede the point, but as far as this year goes....not so much.

He has dropped more than that. On top of my head he has alligatored two deep passes this year alone. If I say he is good then I have to say LaFell is good as well. Both are avg guys that play roles.