21 replies to this topic

#1 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:18 AM

Hardy, Johnson as DT's may be our new pass rush lineup. Hardy and CJ can both beat Guards 1-on-1, the TE can't chip either, and the C has to go to one of them

#2 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,525 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:20 AM

Screw it - go with a 5-2
Alexander, Hardy, KK, Johnson, Addison on the line. Luke and TD at LB.

#3 KillaCamNewton

KillaCamNewton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:07 AM

i think youre underestimating what star does for the pass rush. he clogs up the entire middle of the pocket and it keeps QBs from stepping up in the pocket

#4 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,865 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:55 AM

i think youre underestimating what star does for the pass rush. he clogs up the entire middle of the pocket and it keeps QBs from stepping up in the pocket

Of course, different situations call for different personnel.  Both are right.

#5 ZeroZeroSeven

ZeroZeroSeven

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:56 AM

Star doesn't have an explosive first step, but he's such a monster. One on one, star tosses O-linemen around like rag dolls. He even gets a push when faced with a double team. The grind of his first NFL season might be the only thing that slows him down.

#6 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:07 AM

Not only Star, but Short is playing well too.

This defense will be a number 1 defense soon. Rivera has always had amazing defenses. He is very good at evaluating defensive talent and fitting in key players that enhance the whole unit, such as Keek and Star.

Like I said, in a year or two, this defense will be respected and talked about as one of, or the best.

#7 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

Star doesn't have an explosive first step, but he's such a monster. One on one, star tosses O-linemen around like rag dolls. He even gets a push when faced with a double team. The grind of his first NFL season might be the only thing that slows him down.

I don't know... Star is often times the first DL off the line at the snap. He has a very very quick first step.

#8 AndrewLaskoski

AndrewLaskoski

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

Screw it - go with a 5-2
Alexander, Hardy, KK, Johnson, Addison on the line. Luke and TD at LB.

On most pass rushing situations, there are more than 2 WR on the field for the offense. Unless we want Luke or Davis on a WR, we'll line up with at least 5 DBs because we like to play with the safeties over the top.

#9 vorbis

vorbis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

wes horton has gotten more snaps (and pass-rushing snaps) than addison in 3 of the 5 games he's played in this year. just saying.

#10 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,525 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:34 AM

On most pass rushing situations, there are more than 2 WR on the field for the offense. Unless we want Luke or Davis on a WR, we'll line up with at least 5 DBs because we like to play with the safeties over the top.

yeah that's why I said screw it

#11 Bloodflood

Bloodflood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:40 AM

Sacks aren't the only effective thing you can do as a defensive linemen lol...

#12 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:51 AM

Wes Horton is bad. He got absolutely obliterated one play Thursday. Anytime I see the 2nd d-line in the game, I cringe.

#13 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Superior Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,198 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:56 AM

I like when they move Johnson and Hardy inside just for a change of pace.  Keep the O-Line wondering.  Johnson and Hardy at DT alters the way the O-Line plays it.

Johnson and Hardy are more effective outside than in.  Star and Short are a good tandem and free up both.

I hope we Crush Atlanta...  I hope we do to Atlanta what we did to the Giants.

#14 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,271 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:22 AM

Hardy, Johnson as DT's may be our new pass rush lineup. Hardy and CJ can both beat Guards 1-on-1, the TE can't chip either, and the C has to go to one of them

Last year maybe. This year? We have that exact scenario with Star and Short.

With CJ and Kracken inside, we have no one with anywhere near their ability to put on the edge. As of right now, we don't even have a real 3rd DE, let alone a 4th to pair with him.

You cannot block our front 4 with just 5. So yeah, you chip, leave a TE in, and/or use a RB. All of those have an impact on your throwing options. You sacrifice options to protect your QB. I absolutely love that teams need to do this against us.

All folks need to do is admit that this here is a pretty damm good football team. And as the upgrades come, it is only going to get better.

Cam's reemergence has sparked a revival. Fear the Cat.

#15 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:26 AM

Saying Star doesn't have a good first step is retarded.

Thats what his strength is. Great quickness off the snap and explosion into the blocker.

He needs work of what comes after that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.