Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Addison, Hardy, Johnson, Alexander

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Hardy, Johnson as DT's may be our new pass rush lineup. Hardy and CJ can both beat Guards 1-on-1, the TE can't chip either, and the C has to go to one of them

Posted

Screw it - go with a 5-2

Alexander, Hardy, KK, Johnson, Addison on the line. Luke and TD at LB.

Posted

i think youre underestimating what star does for the pass rush. he clogs up the entire middle of the pocket and it keeps QBs from stepping up in the pocket

5 people like this

Posted

i think youre underestimating what star does for the pass rush. he clogs up the entire middle of the pocket and it keeps QBs from stepping up in the pocket

Of course, different situations call for different personnel.  Both are right.

Posted

Star doesn't have an explosive first step, but he's such a monster. One on one, star tosses O-linemen around like rag dolls. He even gets a push when faced with a double team. The grind of his first NFL season might be the only thing that slows him down.

Posted

Not only Star, but Short is playing well too.

This defense will be a number 1 defense soon. Rivera has always had amazing defenses. He is very good at evaluating defensive talent and fitting in key players that enhance the whole unit, such as Keek and Star.

Like I said, in a year or two, this defense will be respected and talked about as one of, or the best.

Posted

Star doesn't have an explosive first step, but he's such a monster. One on one, star tosses O-linemen around like rag dolls. He even gets a push when faced with a double team. The grind of his first NFL season might be the only thing that slows him down.

I don't know... Star is often times the first DL off the line at the snap. He has a very very quick first step.

Posted

Screw it - go with a 5-2

Alexander, Hardy, KK, Johnson, Addison on the line. Luke and TD at LB.

On most pass rushing situations, there are more than 2 WR on the field for the offense. Unless we want Luke or Davis on a WR, we'll line up with at least 5 DBs because we like to play with the safeties over the top.

Posted

wes horton has gotten more snaps (and pass-rushing snaps) than addison in 3 of the 5 games he's played in this year. just saying.

Posted

On most pass rushing situations, there are more than 2 WR on the field for the offense. Unless we want Luke or Davis on a WR, we'll line up with at least 5 DBs because we like to play with the safeties over the top.

yeah that's why I said screw it

Posted

Sacks aren't the only effective thing you can do as a defensive linemen lol...

Posted

Wes Horton is bad. He got absolutely obliterated one play Thursday. Anytime I see the 2nd d-line in the game, I cringe.