• This topic is locked This topic is locked
69 replies to this topic

#16 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

With this guy 100+ yards and a score is almost a given. At least the 100+ yards part...

Anything the Browns are asking for this guy isn't enough the dudes a freak, he wont get caught again he knows its his ass on the line...

He averages 72 yards a game including today.. That's not exactly 100+.. 

#17 Your GFs favorite huddler

Your GFs favorite huddler

• ALL-PRO
  • 914 posts
  • LocationRural Hall, nc

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

Same old song and dance " off the field issues this" and "character issues that" blah blah blah get off this "good ole boy" syndrome and let's make a move on some PLAYERS that can elevate our team NOW.....this has been our problem since we've been a franchise, JR and his refusal to move on players who have even a small colorful past....I'm over it....bring in superstars to compliment cam not just hard workers

#18 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,533 posts

Same old song and dance " off the field issues this" and "character issues that" blah blah blah get off this "good ole boy" syndrome and let's make a move on some PLAYERS that can elevate our team NOW.....this has been our problem since we've been a franchise, JR and his refusal to move on players who have even a small colorful past....I'm over it....bring in superstars not just hard workers

Rae.

#19 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,417 posts

All our big contract guys besides Cam play defense. Thats the problem, when are we gonna start throwing money at offensive guys to help Cam?

#20 Clicheking

Clicheking

Mack of the year

• HUDDLER
  • 3,325 posts
  • Location910

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

No thanks. He's one April 20th from taking a year long vacation. Make mine Nicks.

On another note he's getting me a lotttt of fantasy points today.

#21 Your GFs favorite huddler

• ALL-PRO
  • 914 posts
  • LocationRural Hall, nc

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

Rae.

That was well over 10 years ago it's time to move on

#22 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,533 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

That was well over 10 years ago it's time to move on

That's something you never get over as a franchise.

#23 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,426 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

Stars contract won't be for three+ more years.

Yes.  Strategically all our our contracts should be done with long term goals in mind.   Structuring the guaranteed money/signing bonuses and base salaries in a way that makes us able to sign all of the core players.  For instance this was a good year to resign Hardy because we could have rolled a lot of guaranteed salary money into this years cap which I think we are still 11 mill under the cap.   Doing a deal with high base salary, guaranteed signing bonus, etc.. can lessen hits for future years.   Factor in expiring contracts, players coming off the books, restructures, dead money, etc we can still keep our core must keep players. 

#24 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

When he caught that TD pass I *sighed*

#25 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,533 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

Yes. Strategically all our our contracts should be done with long term goals in mind. Structuring the guaranteed money/signing bonuses and base salaries in a way that makes us able to sign all of the core players. For instance this was a good year to resign Hardy because we could have rolled a lot of guaranteed salary money into this years cap which I think we are still 11 mill under the cap. Doing a deal with high base salary, guaranteed signing bonus, etc.. can lessen hits for future years. Factor in expiring contracts, players coming off the books, restructures, dead money, etc we can still keep our core must keep players.

I'm not so sure that we're going to re-sign him, anyways. And it's possible we came with an offer and he wants to wait to test free agency. But, tying players up long term is a way you put yourself in cap hell, which we are anyways.

#26 toldozer

toldozer

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

No thanks. He's one April 20th from taking a year long vacation. Make mine Nicks.

On another note he's getting me a lotttt of fantasy points today.

He's killing it on my bench smh. Lucky for me t Williams caught a long td.

#27 Your GFs favorite huddler

• ALL-PRO
  • 914 posts
  • LocationRural Hall, nc

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

That's something you never get over as a franchise.

We can't let that event dictate where we go as a franchise that was one man

#28 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,533 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

We can't let that event dictate where we go as a franchise that was one man

So, go tell Robert Kraft that he should draft someone with a troubled history next year. Same situation. It leaves a black eye on your team for a long, long time.

#29 Your GFs favorite huddler

• ALL-PRO
  • 914 posts
  • LocationRural Hall, nc

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

So, go tell Robert Kraft that he should draft someone with a troubled history next year. Same situation. It leaves a black eye on your team for a long, long time.

Yea the patriots and their gonna be 6-2 record and all their super bowls have a real black eye......

#30 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,426 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

I'm not so sure that we're going to re-sign him, anyways. And it's possible we came with an offer and he wants to wait to test free agency. But, tying players up long term is a way you put yourself in cap hell, which we are anyways.

That's the nature of the contracts and the pitfalls of any long term contract.   We are currently only paying 4.8 mill a year for the QB position.   2.9 mill for MLB.   I mentioned Hardy as someone I would think we would like to keep, but even excluding him there are some decisions to make long term or we are going to be in trouble.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com