Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

Didnt the Rams game prove that Rivera and Cam can win a close one?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#16 TopCat

TopCat

Swerve

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:27 PM

So about how we only beat bad teams?

#17 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
Stop Making Threads...

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

So about how we only beat bad teams?

Ive always thought the Rams were underrated. They were 3-3 looking to get above .500 when we played them and Cam looked much better against their D than Wilson has. I am still not sold on Wilson as a elite QB. He has yet demonstrated he can control and move an offense from the pocket on a consistent basis with his arm

#18 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

The seahawks tackles are absolute garbage

I can't put the seahawks better than #5 in the NFL if the line plays like this. Stacked team with an incredibly glaring weakness.

#19 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

SUPPORTER

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

God, I wish we had beat Seattle. . .

#20 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

That was one of their best "close wins" ever, but it's still not saying all that much. For instance, if you plugged Cam and Ron Rivera in for Stafford and Schwartz yesterday, do you think they manage to do what the Lions did in that final minute? I don't know want to knock either one because both have been doing so great lately, but I still haven't seen anything that tells me they would have won that.

If you give Cam Megatron, well yes!!!!!!

Nonetheless, this is pointless. 

#21 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

SUPPORTER

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

Stupid Rams. . .although I feel much better about that ass-whooping we put on them last week!

#22 Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:00 AM

CharlottePanther, on 28 Oct 2013 - 8:04 PM, said:

I know the Rams game was a couple weeks ago, but I keep hearing the knock from fans saying Rivera and Cam has proven they cant win a close game. Do we not forget that Rams game was a close game and a game we would have easily lost year? I forgot exactly when in the game, but remember, Bradford did lead a scoring drive and made it a 8 point game and that was nearing the end of the 3rd qtr, or maybe even in the 4th. How did we respond? We came right back on offense, scored a TD and the rest is history.

If that was the Cowboys playing the Rams, Rams would have came back and won. Oh, and for those that dont consider a 8 pt lead as a "close" game, you are forgetting the Bucs game last year in Charlotte, we had a 8 pt lead with 58 seconds left in the 4th, what do the Bucs do? Freeman to Vjax, touchdown, 2 pt conversion good. We lose in OT and the rest is history.

Now if you want to knock Rivera for not yet winning a game we were trailing, well thats a different conversation. Frankly though, I hope Ron is never put in that position to begin with because me personally, I love blowing teams out.

The score might have been close. But we never really faced any adversity.

If Tavon's TD doesn't get called back and Quick doesn't drop the easy TD , it's a completely different game.

Not to mention Quick got ran down on the bomb and then we held to a FG.

I'd like to see us win won on a game-winning drive or big defensive stop. Then I'd stop being so skeptical of Riverboat Ron

#23 Shufdog

Shufdog

HUDDLER

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

Maybe it's just me but I'd rather just keep on kicking the poo out of everybody we play! I hope we DON'T have any close games!

#24 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

it should be the entire Panthers, not just Ron or Cam.  Neither one of them are on the field when our defense blows a game late.

#25 Goondal

Goondal

The Goon

HUDDLER

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

I do not consider it a close win.  Although at least we did not blow the two score lead the way we did while hosting Tampa last season.

For us to win a close game we need to either score the go ahead points in the fourth, hold our opponents with a strong defensive series late, or go on a long drive to run down the clock the way Seattle did after Williams' fumble Week I.

That being said, if the team continues to beat their opponents to a pulp in the first three quarters then it will not matter, so I say we stick with that strategy.

#26 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

HUDDLER

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:04 AM

People just get hung up on the phrase "fourth quarter comeback". Cam has led several drives that put teams away in the fourth quarter either by getting points, or running out the clock during his time here.

#27 wine-o and cheese-doodle

wine-o and cheese-doodle

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:26 AM

IDK but the Rams are making us look much better right now

our OL did a much better job than we realized at the time. Maybe they are better than we think. Every QB suffers a few sacks.

#28 BigBoss

BigBoss

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

It certainly proves that they can. Does not always prove they will with their previous record being great evidence.