New Global Warming Report

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#16 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,563 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

All Laws are enforced with threat of Government violence. We pay taxes or we lose our freedom. We do not engage in destructive behavior or we lose our freedom. It's simple really.

Only for the short sighted and small minded. I don't engage in destructive behavior because it is detrimental as a whole to our society and, by proxy, myself.

#17 Guest_CarolinaBlacknBlueblood_*

Guest_CarolinaBlacknBlueblood_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:13 PM

Only for the short sighted and small minded. I don't engage in destructive behavior because it is detrimental as a whole to our society and, by proxy, myself.

ok, we are going down a totally different path. That's not the point im making. The point is, all enforced laws come with the threat of government violence= at the end of a gun.

#18 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,617 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:59 PM

So you an anarchist?

#19 getsome

getsome

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationMt. Airy

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:40 AM

http://hosted2.ap.or...b0b0673dfaec1ec

Starvation, poverty, flooding, heat waves, droughts, war and disease already lead to human tragedies. They're likely to worsen as the world warms from man-made climate change, a leaked draft of an international scientific report forecasts.

The Nobel Peace Prize-winning Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change will issue a report next March on how global warming is already affecting the way people live and what will happen in the future, including a worldwide drop in income. A leaked copy of a draft of the summary of the report appeared online Friday on a climate skeptic's website. Governments will spend the next few months making comments about the draft.

This will occur everywhere but in NC, where it is against the law to use such information, therefore it must be ignored. Don't worry, as long as you ignore the report, none of these things will happen to you, as long as you live in NC.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jun/05/news/la-ol-north-carolina-may-ban-global-warming-study-20120605

Now the state’s Legislature is considering a law that would, for all intents and purposes, give all the legislators doctorates in climatology. Because the law allows the Legislature to decide what is useful scientific data and what isn’t.

As a coastal state, North Carolina faces the same global climate challenges of rising sea levels and turbulent weather that island countries and other coastal regions have begun to confront, and to ask what to do next: Do they build walls? Draw their population inland and upland?

Here's the NC solution: pretend it’s not happening. Pass a law saying it can't happen because we say it can't. Which is to say, ban any government agency from using the standard scientific tools like extrapolating data to figure out what's happening, and thus avoid all those scary, silly scientific facts and figures.

Global warming? Flooding seas? Not in North Carolina. Why? Because they say so, that's why.

Hey Al Gore, scientists are split on this stuff. I think I would rather take my chances with JOBS and AFFORDABLE ENERGY than go back to the stone age with your type. My power bill has skyrocketed due to the rules put on the power companies to get off of coal. If the rest of the country would follow North Dakota's direction we would have low unemployment and affordable energy.

#20 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,861 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:51 AM

All the scientists in the world are liars who are just stealing your money

All the black people in the world are liars who are just stealing your money

All the government workers in the world are liars who are just stealing your money

All the feminists in the world are liars who are just stealing your money

Sounds like a joke but those are definitely background beliefs of many people. I know the message definitely got delivered to me the scientist are dishonest trying to prove their beliefs and lying to get grant money and feminist are destroying our country are just a bunch of hypocrites. And of course the gov't does nothing for us. 

#21 Guest_CarolinaBlacknBlueblood_*

• Guests

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:06 AM

So you an anarchist?

No, I'm not an anarchist. I believe government has a legitimate function. Forcing one groups morality on any individual, is not one of those legitimate functions. Government should only exist to protect the natural rights of it's citizens.

#22 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,617 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:07 AM

Is abortion a natural right? Or a moral decision?

#23 Guest_CarolinaBlacknBlueblood_*

• Guests

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:31 AM

Is abortion a natural right? Or a moral decision?

funny how a global warming thread turns into an abortion discussion. It's a moral decision. At some point the child does gains the natural right to life. At what point? I will leave that to doctors. I lack the education or expertise to make those choices.

#24 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,617 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:40 AM

But some doctors use their religious or philosophical outlook to base this decision on which may contridict other doctors opinions.

At some point a legal decision has to be made. One group will decide that it's right, another will think there's a gun being held to it's head over a moral judgement call.

This is the point I am making, Abortion is just a very easy topic to show how this works.

#25 Guest_CarolinaBlacknBlueblood_*

• Guests

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:49 AM

But some doctors use their religious or philosophical outlook to base this decision on which may contridict other doctors opinions.

At some point a legal decision has to be made. One group will decide that it's right, another will think there's a gun being held to it's head over a moral judgement call.

This is the point I am making, Abortion is just a very easy topic to show how this works.

good point. OK then...no abortion restrictions. I would rather convince someone that my morality is correct, rather than force my opinion on anyone.

#26 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,617 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:17 AM

That makes sense from a logical/libertarian standpoint, but in reality there are plenty of libertarians who consider abortion a moral evil and exempt from adult decision making. This is the essence of politics today to me, the push and pull of emotional responses to logical issues.

#27 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:58 AM

I blame global warming on an ever expanding sun.  Sun gets bigger, gravitational pull increases, earth gets closer to sun, earth gets warmer, easy!

tell the sun to stop growing - problem solved.

#28 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:49 PM

Just as science does not have the information to determine when human life begins and/or ends, it does not have the requisite information to determine mankind's role in the earth's climate. As such, it cannot be ethically used to dictate policy on either issue. As climate science has yet to produce a viable predictive model to account for the requisite variance, to believe the punditry that man is causing what is claimed amounts to little more than religious zealotry. Hence the ethical evil of imposing one's morality on everyone else is a very apt comparison if you wish to make that with abortion law.

#29 Guest_CarolinaBlacknBlueblood_*

• Guests

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:16 PM

Just as science does not have the information to determine when human life begins and/or ends, it does not have the requisite information to determine mankind's role in the earth's climate. As such, it cannot be ethically used to dictate policy on either issue. As climate science has yet to produce a viable predictive model to account for the requisite variance, to believe the punditry that man is causing what is claimed amounts to little more than religious zealotry. Hence the ethical evil of imposing one's morality on everyone else is a very apt comparison if you wish to make that with abortion law.

also, when money and politics are involved we all should cast a skeptical eye on their actions.

#30 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,617 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:32 PM

Approximately 95 percent of the people that study this stuff for a living say you are full of poo. And science is not morality. It's science.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com