31 replies to this topic

#16 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Member from WAAAYY Back

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,281 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:20 AM

Kickers will drive the ball a bit when they are farther out.   Gano hurts that football.  You can hear the thud when he hits it.  His line is exceptional.  That 55 yd field goal split the uprights.   Right down the middle.   Not bad from that far out.

#17 Beast_3000

Beast_3000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:23 AM

Best in the league.

Not bad for a guy that many didn't evwn want on the team.

Yeah I remember the offseason threads this past offseason begging for a new kicker. For the world of me I couldn't figure out what Gano did to deserve the alienation treatment he was getting. He missed 1 PAT due to rust. Gano had only been signed for 1 week or two when it happened.

Athletes sitting home on their couch are not going to come back being all-pro. Glad Ron understands that.

#18 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,794 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:33 AM

To be fair, Gano was never reliable for the Redskins.  He only made 68.6% of his FG tries in 2010 and 75.6% in 2011.  I don't think any Panthers fan thought we were getting a great kicker when we signed him, but that's exactly what he's been for us.  I hope he keeps it up!

#19 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:35 AM

He was the worst kicker in the nfl before we signed him

#20 Eclipse

Eclipse

sheer panthermonium

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationThe Lbg-NC

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:41 AM

You know what's funny? He kicked the middle of the ball on his FG today and line drived it straight down the pipe.

He kicked that ball on a line that made it look like one of those kicks that drops just short of splitting the uprights.  Thats how

it looked to me on tv.  So I had to wait for the officials and crowd reaction to know that he made it.  Atleast we can breathe

easier knowing that we now have a capable kicker. 

#21 Brandon

Brandon

Everything and Nothing

• HUDDLER
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:44 AM

To be fair, Gano was never reliable for the Redskins.  He only made 68.6% of his FG tries in 2010 and 75.6% in 2011.  I don't think any Panthers fan thought we were getting a great kicker when we signed him, but that's exactly what he's been for us.  I hope he keeps it up!

The Redskins have a shitty field, especially when compared to ours. When you can't consistently plant your leg for a kick it will greatly affect your accuracy.

#22 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,794 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:37 AM

Another thing to consider that during 2010 when he missed 10 kicks, 5 of those were blocked.  I wasn't watching many if any Redskins games, so I don't know how many of those were on him kicking the ball too low and how many were on the line for poor blocking.  The only kick that he's made for us that looked in danger of potentially being blocked for being too low was today's 55 yarder, but there's not a kicker alive who isn't driving a 55 yarder.  All of them are going to come out relatively low.

#23 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:38 AM

He's on Twitter: @GrahamGano

#24 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:41 AM

Definitely appreciate Gano after watching the Texans/Colts game last night.

And I'm definitely glad he's MUCH improved from when he started as a kicker

#25 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:36 AM

That FG was HUGE at the time.  If he misses it, Atlanta would have had great field position.

#26 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,779 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

how these kickers are not automatic inside 60 yards is beyond me...you get paid millions of dollars to kick a fugin football

FAIL

#27 Kelp

Kelp

SWM seeks BBC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

I like how he went from "Ganope" to legatron in one year lol.

#28 PantherGuy

PantherGuy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:51 AM

He kicked that ball on a line that made it look like one of those kicks that drops just short of splitting the uprights.  Thats how

it looked to me on tv.  So I had to wait for the officials and crowd reaction to know that he made it.  Atleast we can breathe

easier knowing that we now have a capable kicker. 

Same. Sitting in the upper deck with the kick going away from me, I thought the ball was going to drop short of the crossbar. I had to wait for the refs to signal it went through. That ball had more carry to it than I thought it did.

#29 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,778 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:14 AM

The Redskins have a shitty field, especially when compared to ours. When you can't consistently plant your leg for a kick it will greatly affect your accuracy.

Seriously, look at the kickers who have been chased out of Washington:

Novak has been reliable for SD.

Gano is blowing shiz up in Carolina.

Suisham is more than serviceable in Pittsburgh.

Basically if you are in need of a kicker, look for the next guy to wash out of the Redskins.

#30 !stUp

!stUp

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationPlotting Against The Falcons

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:29 AM

We are lucky to have ; "Gano The Toe"......The "Skins were a bunch of maroons for cutting him. Oh wait....maroon is one of their colors...coincidence?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com