Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PS4 or Xbox1?

251 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Likewise, I am probably upgrading to PS4, but not for a while. The PS3 is just still too damned relevant. I've got a dozen more games to play through, GTA V and Battlefield 4 are both current gen. I'm streaming Netflix every night on my PS3, when I'm not watching Blu Rays. And I honestly don't see any PS4 games on the horizon that make me want to jump for a $400 system.

Now I'm starting to wonder it both companies fugged up with releasing these systems now. Because so far, in this thread, 100% of the people say they aren't planning to buy this for the next 6 months to year. Because really, what's the point? Is there any material difference between the current gen, and these opening day new systems? I wouldn't be surprised if their sales figures are really weak, at least in the first year.

Because invariable, a year or so after the release, they'll come out with a PS4 slim with more memory, and fixes for all the bugs that came out in the v1.0 consoles. That will be the time to buy.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

I've been xbox guy all my life but I believe it's time to move on to ps4.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

PS4 probably, but it'll be a year.  Let these devs get more time on the new console so I'm not wasting money on graphics.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

In the last couple of months my 360 has started overheating though. I've fixed it once before, but it's done it a couple times in the past few days.

I'm sticking with my conspiracy theory that Microsoft gave me a virus online to break my 360 so I have to buy a One. Bastards. 

Posted · Report post

Im getting both, pre-ordered them both on amazon the day they were available. I almost canceled the XBone until they changed the always online/have to have kinect hooked up at all times bullshit.

Posted · Report post

Steam.

And here we go again.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

So the Steam Machine has no place in this closed discussion?

Posted · Report post

So the Steam Machine has no place in this closed discussion?

pfff...
Like a thread has ever stayed on topic in the huddle.

Posted · Report post

for some reason i'm not supposed to post my opinions in console threads

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

A couple of interesting posts from kotaku regarding the next gens.

CoD: Ghosts between current gen and ps4
http://kotaku.com/youtube-link-is-down-but-heres-the-ign-link-http-www-1459097686

And another that I agree with about "resolution-gate "
http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-one-and-ps4-arent-even-out-yet-lets-be-cool-1459116995?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

As far as the steambox, I want to see more. Steam is great for what it is, but will a steambox have the same entertainment value you get out the current consoles? Right now it's a no. Have to see what happens as it matures.

Sent from my VS980 4G using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

Yeah, I don't think you can even begin to compare it to current gen or next gen consoles.  Its certainly unfair to the consoles.

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments