Photo
- - - - -

Suddenly, it seems PJ will NOT play this season.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 BigBoss

BigBoss

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:41 PM

Hearing from a lot of UNC folk that PJ may not play after all, that he may have told a few extra lies to Roy AND NCAA....

Also apparently Leslie MC is in some heat too.....

Let's see what happens.

#2 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,864 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:49 PM

^^Saw the same. Seems Leslie may be getting 5-10 games and PJ is done. He must have reallllllly fuged up, if true. 

#3 BigBoss

BigBoss

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:25 AM

No doubt because it seemed Roy was finally ready to embrace him back and for this to be coming back again good grief.... some kids just never learn.

#4 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:36 AM

Well like I have said before it was never really roy's call, once the NCAA got involved roy's punishment didn't really matter.  I don't know what the final ruling will be but I said in an earlier thread that just the two rental's that PJ was caught in would warrant a 10 game suspension under the NCAA rules.  With everything that has come to light with PJ, Fats, unc dentists/booster(Fats' cousin) I wouldn't be surprised if PJ was done for the year and LM getting the 10 game suspension for the $1500 mouthguard he received.  We should have confirmation on whatever the punishment is soon.  

#5 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:01 AM

PJ Hairston is an absolute idiot, he honestly does not deserve to put on that uniform ever again.

#6 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

PJ Hairston is an absolute idiot, he honestly does not deserve to put on that uniform ever again.

You reap what you sow UNC. Recruit young men with better character and you won't have these issues. 

#7 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

You reap what you sow UNC. Recruit young men with better character and you won't have these issues. 

yea because every other school never takes chances on talented players with character issues

this isn't an indictment on UNC, this is an indictment on PJ Hairston. The young man was given every opportunity possible and squandered it away. can't blame UNC for that 

the hatred for UNC is palpable and pathetic, get over yourself. UNC is a great institution along with Duke, Wake Forest, and NC State among notable others in this state. 

#8 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:41 AM

yea because every other school never takes chances on talented players with character issues

this isn't an indictment on UNC, this is an indictment on PJ Hairston. The young man was given every opportunity possible and squandered it away. can't blame UNC for that 

the hatred for UNC is palpable and pathetic, get over yourself. UNC is a great institution along with Duke, Wake Forest, and NC State among notable others in this state. 

But doesn't unc take some of the blame for failing to monitor their players?  It seems PJ didn't have a car and then all of a sudden he starts showing up in different luxury cars to the Smith Center.  He also can be seen driving these cars on his social media and that was one of the issues unc was supposed to be monitoring heavily ever since the football scandal.  It's hard for me to believe that there wasn't someone on the unc staff that didn't see or hear about PJ driving around these cars especially since that is a violation.

#9 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:12 AM

But doesn't unc take some of the blame for failing to monitor their players?  It seems PJ didn't have a car and then all of a sudden he starts showing up in different luxury cars to the Smith Center.  He also can be seen driving these cars on his social media and that was one of the issues unc was supposed to be monitoring heavily ever since the football scandal.  It's hard for me to believe that there wasn't someone on the unc staff that didn't see or hear about PJ driving around these cars especially since that is a violation.

One of the few times I can agree with you.  However, I'm almost thinking that PJ would have lied to Roy in any case...if rumors floating around are true.  Not much Roy can do unless he wants to ride shotgun with all the players everywhere they go.

#10 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,998 posts
  • Location704

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:15 AM

But doesn't unc take some of the blame for failing to monitor their players? 

Yeah I agree. Roy needs to tuck them in at night, too. 

#11 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:42 PM

One of the few times I can agree with you.  However, I'm almost thinking that PJ would have lied to Roy in any case...if rumors floating around are true.  Not much Roy can do unless he wants to ride shotgun with all the players everywhere they go.

Yeah but you have to remember all those cars that Fats rented got parking tickets around the dean dome so PJ and maybe other players were driving them to practice it's not like PJ was trying to hide it.  I just think after what the football program just went through the coaching staff would have been all over their players about every little thing.  

#12 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,500 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:57 PM

loic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.