Photo
- - - - -

Umm Cam > Kaepernick, Defense = Awesome. Cant Waaaaiit

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
80 replies to this topic

#76 Marvin49

Marvin49

NOT NEWB

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

As for all the sh*t talk...just ignore it. Both these teams are really good. I can't speak for Carolina because I've only watched them play once or twice but throw away the stats when talking Niners. they are totally skewed by huge leads fairly early in the game. My sense is that some of the Panthers stats have suffered a similar fate.

Perfect example...peeps look at 32nd in passing and 1st in running so just plug up the run and force Kap to pass and your golden. Makes sense, right? Not really.

1) Niners are AVERAGING 183 yards rushing per game over the last 5. That isn't all Frank either...thats Frank, Hunter, and Kap. They are good at running even when the team they are plaing is good at defending the run. They won't give up on it either. if they hav 15 yards in the first half they will keep running it and those short gains turn into bigger gains late in the game. The Panthers had a very good front 7 so running won't be an easy chore, but my guess is that the niners will have some success with it and will never steer away from it.

2) The biggest reason they are last in passing yards is that they are also last in passing ATTEMPTS. Why? because they were up 28-3 vs the Rams, 34-3 vs the Texans, 24-0 vs the Titans, and 28-0 vs the Jags. The point here is that they simply haven't needed to pass, so they haven't. They are averaging 8 yards per attempt which is tied for 8th in the NFL.

I can quote several more factors, but my overall point here is that we really won't know whats gonna happen till sunday. Both are good teams built in a similar fashion, lets just enjoy it.

#77 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

As for all the sh*t talk...just ignore it. Both these teams are really good. I can't speak for Carolina because I've only watched them play once or twice but throw away the stats when talking Niners. they are totally skewed by huge leads fairly early in the game. My sense is that some of the Panthers stats have suffered a similar fate.

Perfect example...peeps look at 32nd in passing and 1st in running so just plug up the run and force Kap to pass and your golden. Makes sense, right? Not really.

1) Niners are AVERAGING 183 yards rushing per game over the last 5. That isn't all Frank either...thats Frank, Hunter, and Kap. They are good at running even when the team they are plaing is good at defending the run. They won't give up on it either. if they hav 15 yards in the first half they will keep running it and those short gains turn into bigger gains late in the game. The Panthers had a very good front 7 so running won't be an easy chore, but my guess is that the niners will have some success with it and will never steer away from it.

2) The biggest reason they are last in passing yards is that they are also last in passing ATTEMPTS. Why? because they were up 28-3 vs the Rams, 34-3 vs the Texans, 24-0 vs the Titans, and 28-0 vs the Jags. The point here is that they simply haven't needed to pass, so they haven't. They are averaging 8 yards per attempt which is tied for 8th in the NFL.

I can quote several more factors, but my overall point here is that we really won't know whats gonna happen till sunday. Both are good teams built in a similar fashion, lets just enjoy it.

They needed to pass against Seattle and Colts .....and couldn't.

Carolina does several things well.....limit the run, not allow points early, and hang onto the ball. We have good odds of making Kapernick have to beat us

#78 Marvin49

Marvin49

NOT NEWB

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:43 PM

They needed to pass against Seattle and Colts .....and couldn't.

Carolina does several things well.....limit the run, not allow points early, and hang onto the ball. We have good odds of making Kapernick have to beat us

...and you don't have Richard Sherman (or the rest of that secondary) who single handedly removed Boldin from the game and you have to face Vernon Davis whom the Colts didn't have to worry about so they could double Boldin all day.

We can do this all day.

I'm sure a big part of the gameplan with be on Kaps arm and legs...and I'm just fine with that.

#79 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:48 PM

...and you don't have Richard Sherman (or the rest of that secondary) who single handedly removed Boldin from the game and you have to face Vernon Davis whom the Colts didn't have to worry about so they could double Boldin all day.

We can do this all day.

I'm sure a big part of the gameplan with be on Kaps arm and legs...and I'm just fine with that.

We don't have Sherman and aren't built like Seattle. Our front 7 is better than there's....don't need Sherman.

Also, Colts are 27th against the run and Hawks 19th....so who cares if Boldin was covered? If you are what you claim..... All those points wouldn't of been put up on you and you would have dominated on the ground.

#80 Verge

Verge

Huddle Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

WE'RE REALLY GOOD AT LOSING.

Pretty much.

#81 propagandamachine

propagandamachine

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:20 PM

I fuging said it - pure matha trucking thuggish mental toughness : looooooved it