Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:35 AM

Hurney Magic

#18 xerxes

xerxes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:24 AM

When RR decided to grow a pair, he grew some big ones.

#19 Shermdog

Shermdog

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:25 AM

Im glad it bothers him. That was one of the toughest losses I can remember. Way worse than the Arizona loss in week 5.

#20 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:05 AM

In the next four games there should be plenty of opportunity to see how well he coaches at crunch time.  That's all I want to see--good decisions when the game is on the line and the score is tight.  Then I can start drinking the kool-aid.

#21 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:07 AM

Cam leans forward and we are 6-2. Now we are in a position where we have to beat either San Fran or NE. San Fran more importantly because we may need that tiebreaker down the road

#22 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

DRAFT JULIUS RANDLE

• HUDDLER
  • 3,145 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:08 AM

Rivera has gone from poo to prophet on the huddle

Sent from my SGH-T999L using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#23 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,508 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:12 AM

I don't know what will happen down the road or whether Rivera and the Panthers will do enough to make the playoffs.  I did say that Rivera was learning and developing much like Newton was.  You can't throw guys into roles they have never been in before without giving them time to learn and figure things out.  When you hire a guy who has never been a head coach there are growing pains and mistakes. But as long as they are learning and improving you don't automatically can them and move on.

Does anyone still doubt that he is figuring things out and getting better?  And isn't that what you want if he can't come in and shine from day 1?

#24 d-dave

d-dave

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:14 AM

Great article.  I think it's more than a job awareness thing.  We all know if we do something that's going to get us fired.  Some will keep doing it regardless, and there are plenty of coaches who fell into that trap.  The best in their profession are able to reflect, revise and improve.  Thus far, since Buffalo, we've seen a big time improvement.  He's learned to feel the pulse of the game, and know where is the time to go for it, and the time to take the kick.

Now my question is, how will the huddle respond when Riverboat Ron takes a risk and it bites him in the butt?  I'm in the camp I'd rather live and die aggressive than passively kick not to loose.

If he can show that he's got to acumen to beat SF and/or NE....then we might have a keeper on our hands!

#25 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:22 AM

I careless about anything from you

Stop being a douche

#26 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,752 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:30 AM

I'm glad it bothers him... that loss is on him and if he has learned from it that's all we can ask.

#27 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,102 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:39 AM

I can't get past Buffalo either. I really think that is going to be what keeps us out of the playoffs. If we win on Sunday then we can all put Buffalo to bed and move on towards winning the Division.

#28 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,030 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:52 AM

Great article.  I think it's more than a job awareness thing.  We all know if we do something that's going to get us fired.  Some will keep doing it regardless, and there are plenty of coaches who fell into that trap.  The best in their profession are able to reflect, revise and improve.  Thus far, since Buffalo, we've seen a big time improvement.  He's learned to feel the pulse of the game, and know where is the time to go for it, and the time to take the kick.

Now my question is, how will the huddle respond when Riverboat Ron takes a risk and it bites him in the butt?  I'm in the camp I'd rather live and die aggressive than passively kick not to loose.

If he can show that he's got to acumen to beat SF and/or NE....then we might have a keeper on our hands!

Thats a really good question.  My guess is that if he goes for 4th-1 late in single possession game and we ultimately lose there will be a great many around here who cant get back on the "Fire Rivera" side quick enough.

#29 MtnJax

MtnJax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:53 AM

I want a Panthers win and then a little midfield tiff between Rivera and Harbaugh just to see Ron make Jim poo his pants

Side note: my phone auto corrects Harbaugh to garbage lol

#30 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• HUDDLER
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:08 AM

ph4ax.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.