• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#16 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:54 PM

Looking at common opponents, were they in the same venues?

#17 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

If he isn't making threads, people are making threads about him. May as well put his name on this sub forum.

#18 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,649 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

If he isn't making threads, people are making threads about him. May as well put his name on this sub forum.

he would love that. it would be like having a best friend

#19 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,765 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:44 PM

a converted DT was also starting at guard in this game

hey pat since you're so big on "common opponents" now, how did the saints fare their last game at candlestick?

#20 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,352 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:03 PM

as brew dees did vs the a much less talented jets, and they actually did LOSE.  pfff fuging scrubs

#21 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,352 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:05 PM

I'm really not understanding how cam didn't play well. Yeah he didn't play great. He missed some big throws and had an interception but he came through when we needed him at the end. There were too many dropped passes of balls he put on the money. He won the type of game good NFL QBs win. He showed a lot of growth and maturity in this game. You really can't say he didn't play well. Especially against a really good defense with a weak oline

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

alice doesnt watch football, he looks at the stats after or reads some nerds article about stats, which is relevant for people who never played a sport in their life.  we know why the numbers weren't great, but we also know Cam came thru when needed and that will be good enough to win this division.

#22 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,649 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:11 PM

alice doesnt watch football

prepare yourself for a lengthy retort replete with pictures of his panda-fur-lined 200" television

#23 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,352 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

prepare yourself for a lengthy retort replete with pictures of his panda-fur-lined 200" television

in which i wont ever read but hopefully he puts that much time into it.

#24 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:19 PM

a converted DT was also starting at guard in this game

hey pat since you're so big on "common opponents" now, how did the saints fare their last game at candlestick?

The common opponents I mentioned were teams we both faced this year within weeks of each other! What does a 2011 Alex Smith team have to do with the 2013 Team ranked 32nd in passing led by Kaep ?

But since you asked, 49ers got first week bye thanks to conference record tiebreaker being higher than SOV or SOS, so even though we beat harder teams by much much bigger wins, they got to sit home and plan for Saints two weeks while a Saints had to have a track meet with Lions, lose a day of practice to fly across US to the Stick. Then PT gets knocked out of game on first drive leaving us one healthy RB. They forced 4-5 turnovers. Yet with all those turnovers, Saints were leading with less than a minute left scoring 32 points on the 2nd ranked defense that was allowing 14.3 points on average. Harper got matched up on Davis and got beat, why we fired GW, should have never left Harper in single coverage on their #1 target.

If not for tiebreaker, pretty sure Saints win at home, Saints playing Lions and losing a practice day traveling was a huge difference. 49ers the following week against Giants were not the same well rested team we faced, giants should thank us for win.

#25 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

as brew dees did vs the a much less talented jets, and they actually did LOSE. pfff fuging scrubs

I guess 2 of his top 3 targets out, the 3rd injured and playing just a few snaps, the most drops in a game all season, Toon causing an int on perfectly thrown ball that led to 7 points in 6 point loss and Hartley missing an easy FG and down two starting safeties all had nothing to do with that loss, it was all on Brees!

Here you go:

Some observations on the New Orleans Saints' offense after reviewing the tape of the team's 26-20 loss to the New York Jets in Week 9:

Dropping the ball: Without question, this was the No. 1 issue that plagued the Saints' offense. By my count, the Saints dropped at least six catchable balls -- many of which were huge momentum-changers.

When I reviewed the tape, I was actually surprised by how good the Saints' offense looked for the first 40 minutes or so. The pass protection wasn't a problem until late in the third quarter. Quarterback Drew Brees had time to throw, and receivers were getting open down the field. It was understandable why coach Sean Payton elected to keep throwing the ball so often.

But dropped passes repeatedly derailed drives.

Late in the first quarter, a Saints drive stalled near midfield when receivers Lance Moore and Nick Toon each dropped passes. Toon's came on a deep ball that could have resulted in a touchdown.

Even more costly was a ball that bounced off Toon's hands in the second quarter and wound up getting intercepted by Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie. The ball snuck up on Toon too quickly on a timing route as he turned to make the catch.

In the fourth quarter, fullback Jed Collins dropped a pass on third-and-1 that would have easily resulted in a first down.

http://espn.go.com/b...aints-offense-2

#26 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,649 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

panthers receivers drop balls:

PANTHERS SUCK, LOL!

saints receivers drop balls:

SAINTS CAN OVERCOME!

#27 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:34 PM

Today's episode of Numbers Never Lie asked if Cam was responsible for win:

The numbers say NO, he actually lowered the win probability for Panthers. So basically the defense was able to win in spite of Cam! LMFAO

so....what you are saying is that, unlike the taints, the panthers don't rely only on one player to be able to win a game of football.....gotcha!

#28 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,352 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:35 PM

I guess 2 of his top 3 targets out, the 3rd injured and playing just a few snaps, the most drops in a game all season, Toon causing an int on perfectly thrown ball that led to 7 points in 6 point loss and Hartley missing an easy FG and down two starting safeties all had nothing to do with that loss, it was all on Brees!

Here you go:

Some observations on the New Orleans Saints' offense after reviewing the tape of the team's 26-20 loss to the New York Jets in Week 9:

Dropping the ball: Without question, this was the No. 1 issue that plagued the Saints' offense. By my count, the Saints dropped at least six catchable balls -- many of which were huge momentum-changers.

When I reviewed the tape, I was actually surprised by how good the Saints' offense looked for the first 40 minutes or so. The pass protection wasn't a problem until late in the third quarter. Quarterback Drew Brees had time to throw, and receivers were getting open down the field. It was understandable why coach Sean Payton elected to keep throwing the ball so often.

But dropped passes repeatedly derailed drives.

Late in the first quarter, a Saints drive stalled near midfield when receivers Lance Moore and Nick Toon each dropped passes. Toon's came on a deep ball that could have resulted in a touchdown.

Even more costly was a ball that bounced off Toon's hands in the second quarter and wound up getting intercepted by Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie. The ball snuck up on Toon too quickly on a timing route as he turned to make the catch.

In the fourth quarter, fullback Jed Collins dropped a pass on third-and-1 that would have easily resulted in a first down.

http://espn.go.com/b...aints-offense-2

dont care enough to read so i wont.  you are garbage, and your team is too.  that is all.

#29 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:36 PM

panthers receivers drop balls:

PANTHERS SUCK, LOL!

saints receivers drop balls:

SAINTS CAN OVERCOME!

The guy asked about "BREES" performance, if he throws a perfect ball and it's dropped or tipped for an INT, that doesn't suddenly mean Brees is playing bad, which was the question I was answering!

If you going to put that huge nose in the middle of all my posts, at least learn to read, Nostrildamus!

#30 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:39 PM

so....what you are saying is that, unlike the taints, the panthers don't rely only on one player to be able to win a game of football.....gotcha!

Like the Hawks do with Lynch, every team that shuts down Lynch, even the lowly Bucs, the Seahawks barely beat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com