166 replies to this topic

#31 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,543 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:10 PM

Well since Star had ZERO SACKS AND ZERO QB HITS, I guess I'm missing the point you're making, or attempting to make.

You really don't understand why a consistent double team on an interior defensive linemen leads to more sacks for the rest of the defense? We're done here. You just proved you know next to nothing about football and have no business talking about it. I guess that's the reason you resort to the most obscure stats stats stats to attempt to back up any of your unfounded claims. 

#32 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,204 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

this is it

this is the post

pat has no idea what a nose tackle is supposed to do

Well first off, you really don't have a NT since you have a 4-3 defense. And if I don't know what a NT does, then why did the other DRT playing next to Star record 2 of the 6 sacks, you know the DWAN EDWARDS GUY?

Star plays 30 snaps at DRT - ZERO SACKS
Short plays other 33 snaps at DRT - 2 sacks

Moron says, you don't know football or what a NT does, the position the guy didn't play at, yet i don't know football?

Also, supposedly looking at all the sacks, proves NT was playing well? Well 3 of the sacks were blitzing LB, CB, and S.

Please, more fail, I'm enjoying the football I'm learning here,

#33 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,601 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

there's a nose tackle and an under tackle in a 4-3 defense dipshit.  generally the nose tackle chews up blocks and the under tackle rushes the passer although there are certainly interior linemen who are proficient at both.

edwards and short are archetypal under tackles whereas star and colin cole are nose tackles.  star wasn't drafted to be a pass rusher idiot.

#34 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,204 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

You really don't understand why a consistent double team on an interior defensive linemen leads to more sacks for the rest of the defense? We're done here. You just proved you know next to nothing about football and have no business talking about it. I guess that's the reason you resort to the most obscure stats stats stats to attempt to back up any of your unfounded claims.

Featured Article on front page of PFF is an "obscure stat". What "unfounded claims" have I made, I just reposted a very public article that uses a fairly well accepted grading system that says Star had his worst game of season, was worst performance on defense, and worst interior Dline guy this past week, if you disagree your issue is with PFF and their grading, the same place that has been the subject of endless threads on panthers forum when it says something positive.

#35 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,077 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:35 PM

Well first off, you really don't have a NT since you have a 4-3 defense. And if I don't know what a NT does, then why did the other DRT playing next to Star record 2 of the 6 sacks, you know the DWAN EDWARDS GUY?

Please, more fail, I'm enjoying the football I'm learning here,

First, if Star lines up directly over the C, he would be considered a NT.  Depends on which gaps each guy lines up over.  Did you know we actually were using 5 linemen at a time on some plays?  And to answer your question, which is a fairly obvious answer, is that the double teams on Star gave almost less than one-on-one match ups for Dwan, who took advantage of gaps, one blocker and an occasional chipper in the backfield.

For more schooling on the game of football, keep aksing questions Fat.

#36 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,601 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

Also, supposedly looking at all the sacks, proves NT was playing well? Well 3 of the sacks were blitzing LB, CB, and S.

gee, i wonder if the fact that star was getting double teamed had anything to do with thomas davis running through that wide open lane to punch hunter in the mouth and force the fumble seen in that gif posted earlier in the thread.

#37 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,204 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

there's a nose tackle and an under tackle in a 4-3 defense dipshit. generally the nose tackle chews up blocks and the under tackle rushes the passer although there are certainly interior linemen who are proficient at both.

edwards and short are archetypal under tackles whereas star and colin cole are nose tackles. star wasn't drafted to be a pass rusher idiot.

The nose tackle is the largest player on the defense. Nose tackle specifically refers to the middle lineman in a 3-4 defensive alignment, because he lines up directly over the nose of the football.

I guess I'm learning more football again, you also failed to mention how no sacks for Star is due to position he was playing, yet the guy playing same position has 2 sacks?

#38 bigskypanthersguy

bigskypanthersguy

Prowl, Cats, Prowl.

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

Well since Star had ZERO SACKS AND ZERO QB HITS, I guess I'm missing the point you're making, or attempting to make.

lol, the guy drafted to help revive the run defense had no sacks or qb hits.. Jesus butt-humping Christ on a pogo stick you are absolutely less intelligent than cottage cheese with Down's Syndrome. 

#39 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,601 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

The nose tackle is the largest player on the defense. Nose tackle specifically refers to the middle lineman in a 3-4 defensive alignment, because he lines up directly over the nose of the football.

I guess I'm learning more football again, you also failed to mention how no sacks for Star is due to position he was playing, yet the guy playing same position has 2 sacks?

dwan edwards and star are both treated differently by the offensive scheme independently of where they line up because they have different skill sets.

also will somebody else explain to this football expert that nose tackles aren't a concept or position that's exclusive to a 3-4.  i mean god damn.

#40 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,204 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

gee, i wonder if the fact that star was getting double teamed had anything to do with thomas davis running through that wide open lane to punch hunter in the mouth and force the fumble seen in that gif posted earlier in the thread.

We already cleared that up earlier, no way PFF graded his 30 snaps correctly, it's impossible he had a negative cumulative grade when we all know he made a positive play. That addition just doesn't work out, no matter how many negative graded plays he had, with a positive play or two, it's impossible to come out with a negative number. Obviously, PFF doesn't know basic math!

#41 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,601 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:44 PM

We already cleared that up earlier, no way PFF graded his 30 snaps correctly, it's impossible he had a negative cumulative grade when we all know he made a positive play. That addition just doesn't work out, no matter how many negative graded plays he had, with a positive play or two, it's impossible to come out with a negative number. Obviously, PFF doesn't know basic math!

lol you pointed out that three of the sacks came from non-linemen as if it discounted the line's performance somehow even though one of the sacks came directly because star occupied a double team.  we all know what you meant jackoff.

quit back pedaling fatty you're bending the frame.

#42 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,077 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:46 PM

good thing no one cares about the stains as much as Fat does about the Panthers, or we would be pulling negative stats about stains players all the time.  Fat, it's nice you care so much about the well-being of our team.  We'll all send you an order of Frostees once we win the NFCS.

#43 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,601 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:50 PM

apparently we could have just not drafted star and just started two gap shooters in our interior line because they would have apparently performed exactly the same and would have demanded the same attention

#44 SteveSmithOwns

SteveSmithOwns

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:58 PM

lol, this argument isn't that hard....according to Alice's beloved PFF, Star has the 3rd best numbers of any rookie

https://www.profootb...year-week-10-2/

So in conclusion, Alice is a moron, Star is a very good player, and the Panthers will destroy the Saints.

Lock the thread.

#45 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,601 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:03 PM

lol, this argument isn't that hard....according to Alice's beloved PFF, Star has the 3rd best numbers of any rookie

https://www.profootb...year-week-10-2/

So in conclusion, Alice is a moron, Star is a very good player, and the Panthers will destroy the Saints.

Lock the thread.

yeah PFF has slobbered over star and written many pieces praising him

just another poo thread from alejandro.  he's been trying to stomp star's nuts since we drafted him so it's no surprise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com