19 replies to this topic

#16 Kuech Da Sneak

Kuech Da Sneak

As long as we aren't 32.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:09 PM

"Ron, never forget, the best way to gain more yards is advance the ball down the field from the line of scrimmage. Oh, and usually the team that has the most points at the end wins the game"

#17 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,286 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:13 PM

If this season had gone to poo, we would have discovered that he only had a phone conversation with Frank Caliendo impersonating John Madden.

#18 Barry McCaulkinor

Barry McCaulkinor

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:36 AM

I think a lot of guys here get advise from Madden. Just most of them are firing up the xbox instead of the keurig. 

#19 Achilles

Achilles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:14 AM

One thing I will say, having been a coach...

If you truly want to create something of lasting quality like a team or a business or a work of art or whatever, you have to take a slow approach at first.  You have to see what works and what doesn't and you can't expect to turn nothing (the 2010 Panthers) into something (the 2013 Panthers) overnight.

Some teams turn around in 1 season like KC or surprise people like NYJ, but those teams by and large needed just one or two players to become complete (for both of these it was a reliable QB and a strong-ass defense).  For us...we needed like a dozen starters, there's no way you can expect to compete.  Through the draft we have taken some of the most sensational talents the league has ever known.  Not only are Cam, Keuchly and Star getting it done on the field, but they all are having all pro years.  Not to mention all the FAs and established starters that have stepped up and bought into the system.

Rivera needs to have a winning season this year to really solidify what he has built, but I give him credit for seeking guidance and for acknowledging that his own improvement was the key.  He was never a bad coach, just an ineffective one.  But the whole time he was improving even if it didn't show up in the W/L column.

Now the slow start turned into a win streak and we are on track with where we need to be to compete with the best teams in the league.  If this form continues we will be in the playoffs.  I feel like we were built to stop the Saints offense or at least in theory.  Looks like we match ups well against NE, so I'm really excited and can't wait to see what we can do.  I have a good feeling.

#20 xclr82xtc

xclr82xtc

Battle of the Cats Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:36 PM

I have completely changed my opinoin on rivera now that he has opened up and also recognized this game is about manageble risk... Best coach so far in my eyes. I think the guys respect and like him more than they did Fox even.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: carolina panthers, madden sucks 2k is better

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com