Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking ahead to post season

49 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I know I know it might be a little early for post season talk. But I needed some other opinions on the subject to help shape my outlook on the rest of the games this season.

New Orleans just lost their best CB for the season in what was already a questionable secondary. The way our offense played last night I can honestly see us picking them apart and sweeping the Saints. Even if we were to lose in the dome, a division championship is still possible with a split seeing as how they still have SEA on the schedule.

If we were to take the division, it's looking like our potential playoff matchups would be SF at home or NO for a 3rd time at home.

However, if we take a wild card spot our potential matchups are on the road at Dallas/Philly or at Detroit/Green Bay (barring Rodgers quick return) or possibly, but not likely, at Chicago.

I'm honestly leaning towards a WC being our best shot at a Super Bowl run...

What does everyone else think?

It's alot early. comeon.png

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Seattle should not scare anyone. Much less daunting than St Louis in 2003. In 2005 we were physically beat up by playing @ATL, @NYG, and especially @CHI before jetting out there. We were down to our 4th string RB.

They were very fortunate to beat us last year and this year. We are playing much better now and I would welcome that opportunity should it happen.

Posted · Report post

if we win the division that means we finish 12-4 or even 13-3 (most likely) which means we will win the 2 seed and get a first round bye. i just hate that seattle is gonna have home field and that its nearly impossible to beat them there. i honestly think us, the saints, the niners, green bay and maybe even detroit could all beat seattle in a home game

Bucs almost won in Seattle... they're not that great.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

Kind of weird how we could be playing the Patriots in the Super Bowl excactly 10 years after our last Super Bowl with them.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Kind of weird how we could be playing the Patriots in the Super Bowl excactly 10 years after our last Super Bowl with them.

I do think the irony of that possibilty is awesome. and after the finish on monday night, our boys would be hungry to prove it wasnt a fluke.

Posted · Report post

Bucs almost won in Seattle... they're not that great.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

You cant really compare scores though. The saints shouldve lost to tampa also. The seahawks also blew out the 9ers by 30

Posted · Report post

Why on earth would Philly scare you? Don't get me wrong, they are playing better, but they certainly don't concern me as much as Seattle, Detroit, and the Saints.

Their offense scares me and I still cant get the image out of my head how bad they torched us in pre season (yes i know it was pre season) but they killed our D. I hope and pray we play the Cowboys in the playoffs, I cant think of a more perfect opppnenet.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Preseason is irrelevant. They got shut down by the Giants and Cowboys in recent weeks. But the only teams that worry me in the playoffs (assuming we get there) are teams that can do it on both sides of the line.

Posted · Report post

For all those that are so concerned about Jimmy's race...he's WHITE...his mother is white and his father is black... and he ain't no ginger ...he's amazing as a TE..he makes more plays than any other player on the offensive side of the Saints...
Maybe if you took the time to know about his history....you might be a little more human!!! The Saints are a ROCKIN team...Brees is up there with the greats..like Brady,& Manning!! They are a 9 - 2 team so far this season..So watch out bcuz they're coming... for your team and will make back to the Super Bowl... GO SAINTS !!!

Posted · Report post

For all those that are so concerned about Jimmy's race...he's WHITE...his mother is white and his father is black... and he ain't no ginger ...he's amazing as a TE..he makes more plays than any other player on the offensive side of the Saints...
Maybe if you took the time to know about his history....you might be a little more human!!! The Saints are a ROCKIN team...Brees is up there with the greats..like Brady,& Manning!! They are a 9 - 2 team so far this season..So watch out bcuz they're coming... for your team and will make back to the Super Bowl... GO SAINTS !!!

Sorry to burst your bubble but the Saints have 3 more road games against physical hard hitting defenses i just dont see them winning those games; lets just face it the Saints arent the same team when they play at home. the 11-5 Saints will get a wildcard and be knocked off in the first round.

Posted · Report post

Obama is white too, by your logic lol

The boy is mixed, a whole other ethnic group to itself

Posted · Report post

I figure the point is to get into the playoffs.  Then you worry about who you play and where.  The goal is to win the division and that is what we are trying to do.  We have 6 games left.  Lets see how many we can win.  Then we can figure out what happens from there..

1 person likes this

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments