161 replies to this topic

#151 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:43 AM

I have read almost that entire thread and they are pretty damn cocky for a 5-5 team...and a few of them really really really dislike Cam

#152 Phinisher

Phinisher

The Huddles Reckoning

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationRain Tree

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:47 AM

I guess you only see your side of it.  I could NEVER have a conversation about football without a Dolphins fan bringing up 1972.  If you don't like it, take your ass back to the Dolphins forums.

Thats bullshit. I wasnt even born in 72, I never bring that poo up. I can talk about the Panthers and nfl till my eyes go blue, sounds like you made conversation with the wrong people.

And Ill stay my happy ass here thank you very much.

#153 dos poptarts

dos poptarts

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:43 AM

and we did it in pretty much the most ideal of situations, sans it being a home game for them.

pats after a bye week? how many of those have they lost with belichick/brady?

pats on MNF? how many have they lost?

pats in the second half of the season? how many have they lost the past few years?

this was typically the stage and situation that the pats shine in....and we beat them and not just that, but we held them to 20 points.

and unlike most other teams that have played them this year...we took them on with several offensive weapons back that had missed most of the year. this was as close to full strength on offense as they have been all year.

Hahha...I forgot all about those stats that just fugged up the Patriots day. I bet they did think they were just going to walk into BOA and win.

#154 Shularino

Shularino

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:57 AM

I have read almost that entire thread and they are pretty damn cocky for a 5-5 team...and a few of them really really really dislike Cam

I'm a Dolphins Fan, living in Charlotte.  I'm an active member of one of our fan sites........Phinfever.  Please come over and join the discussion.  Phin Fans are probably the most relaxed and least cocky in the NFL.  Beleive me 95+% of our fans are not cocky about this game and we have nothing against Cam.......most of the guys on the Phinfever site are predicting a Panther win.  I'm a homer, so I'm hoping the Phins can keep it close and find a way to pull it out in the 4th. It would surprise me if this game is not very close.........win or lose Phin games almost always go down to the wire. 

This has been a tough season to be a Phin Fan..........the whole Incognito/Martin thing has put a bad light on the team.  Right now, NFL investigators are in Miami, interviewing the team and faculty.  We're hoping the Players will rally around this and make a big push toward the end of the season.

#155 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,730 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:01 PM

Hahha...I forgot all about those stats that just fugged up the Patriots day. I bet they did think they were just going to walk into BOA and win.

yep. the media, pats fans, and the chicken littles running around in here were all about those stats and trends. those were apparently pretty big deals and obstacles for the panthers heading into the game so they should very much be considered big deals and obstacles that were overcome WHEN WE BEAT THE FRIKKIN PATRIOTS AFTER A BYE WEEK ON MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL IN THE SECOND HALF OF THE SEASON!!!!

yeah...i'm shouting that. i'm proud.

#156 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,730 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

I'm a Dolphins Fan, living in Charlotte.  I'm an active member of one of our fan sites........Phinfever.  Please come over and join the discussion.  Phin Fans are probably the most relaxed and least cocky in the NFL.  Beleive me 95+% of our fans are not cocky about this game and we have nothing against Cam.......most of the guys on the Phinfever site are predicting a Panther win.  I'm a homer, so I'm hoping the Phins can keep it close and find a way to pull it out in the 4th. It would surprise me if this game is not very close.........win or lose Phin games almost always go down to the wire. 

This has been a tough season to be a Phin Fan..........the whole Incognito/Martin thing has put a bad light on the team.  Right now, NFL investigators are in Miami, interviewing the team and faculty.  We're hoping the Players will rally around this and make a big push toward the end of the season.

i think i've seent that avatar around here somewhere. i think it's some dimwit that uses it. hahahaha

anyway...welcome. i don't envy what your team is going through. heading into this week, tho, i've got to admit that i don't mind the distraction this has caused your team. dolphins looked like they were going to be pretty strong coming out of the gate. better luck after we get done winning on sunday. :)

#157 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

You also believe we didn't really land on the moon?

There are hundreds on posters on his board. Many share comparable thoughts. I assure you I have never used a different screen name on this board other than this one...

Take it easy csx, I'm just kidding  :P

#158 Shularino

Shularino

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

Yeah............on paper, the Phins are very talented.............outside of the Incognito/Martin thing............most of us have been extremely disapointed in the coaching.  The D should really be playing a 3-4 instead of the 4-3 and they go zone coverage way too often.  Tanehill is going to be a very good QB, but the coaching staff has him standing in the pocket way to much...........he's very athletic and runs a 4.5/40..........he should be rolled out and running a lot more.

It's going to be interseting to watch Steve Smith matched up against Brent Grimes.........you probably remember Grimes from the Falcons...........he's having a great year with the Phins.

#159 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • 2,044 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:11 PM

It's going to be interseting to watch Steve Smith matched up against Brent Grimes.........you probably remember Grimes from the Falcons...........he's having a great year with the Phins.

Yeah, well, Talib was having a good year for the Patriots too before he faced Steve Smith. I think Grimes is a little more even tempered & smarter than Talib though. We'll see. :judge:

Here's to no injuries on either side! Best team wins ............ GO PANTHERS!!!

#160 Coug Girl

Coug Girl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

Yes, I was honestly surprised by Talib on Monday. I expected for him to have a better game. I own him in an IDP league so I like to watch his stats and what have you from time to time. But, Smith definitely had the better game. 

The thing is though we no longer really rely on Steve, he mainly acts as our Roddy White in a lot of our games - because so many teams know that Smith is our only name brand receiver. However, Donald LaFell has shown he can step up and so has Ted Ginn. I don't think stopping Smith is going to do much to our team anymore. 

I don't think Panthers are overlooking this game at all - with the Shula ties and the constantly regurgitated stat that we've never beaten the Dolphins that seems to be floating around. That in itself is enough for our teams bulletin board.

I am not cocky about this game at all though. I don't like the term of "trap" games. I just think there's always a possibility of either team bringing it or failing to bring it. Any given Sunday as they say.

#161 carp24000

carp24000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

Cam.

Attached Files

#162 dave-o

dave-o

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:25 PM

I hate the Dolphins.. Always have and always will... My very first memory of football was the Super Bowl after the 1972 season in January of 1973.. The Super Bowl wasnt such a big deal back then and my dad had to work that Sunday. Being raised in Virginia we were huge Redskins fans (my second team now). Anyway, the Dolphins beat our Redskins and I just hated to tell my dad when he got home ! Ever since then I have wished nothing but pain on that worthless franchise !

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, Miami Dolphins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.