• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#121 NY Panther fan

NY Panther fan

NEWB

• Pip
ROOKIE

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:53 PM

There are no such thing as trap games for this team. They've come too far to soon to forget the pains of the last 5 years.

This^

#122 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:03 PM

I'll be surprised if the Dolphins score more than 9 points. 24-9 good guys.

I was going to suggest they be bills fans. That way they will always be disappointed and can bitch forever.

#123 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:09 PM

I would like to see the run game stretch its legs a bit. 

If we can string together some run blocking and bounce a few outside or take advantage of a cutback or two we will really have something special on O.  

Shula has impressed.  Imagine if he had all his toys available.  (need oline to be a bit stronger to truly unleash the three headed monster)

#124 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• LocationStatesville
HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:17 PM

I was going to suggest they be bills fans. That way they will always be disappointed and can bitch forever.

Never will happen. Never. Bills fans hate Miami. Long, bad history.

#125 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:22 PM

I'm really nervous about the Dolphins game. After the last two HUGE weeks this really has the potential to be a trap game where we lose to a team that we're actually much better than.

#126 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• Locationthird spur east of the sun
SUPPORTER

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:28 PM

having read four pages into this thread i think it's pretty cool we held the brady-led new england patriots to 20 points and we consider it one of our worst defensive outings.

#127 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

• Location704
HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

This is most def a trap game for the Panthers. Please believe it. Emotional game on Monday. Short week. Going on the road to play a game that every person in the media will pick the Panthers to win. 2 HUGE games with the Saints around the corner. 

Panthers should win this game but I'd be very surprised to see another one of those 35-13 blowouts we've seen against some bad teams. Could see the Dolphins keeping it close until about halfway through the 4Q. Their OL is horrible and our DL is one of the best in the league. 

#128 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:55 PM

that is CSX you are replying to.  At least talk smack to the right person.

I still wholeheartedly believe you two are the same person.

#129 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• LocationCharlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:14 AM

The people predicting a loss or trap game or whatever are the same people who predicted a loss the last two games.

Shut the fug up for christ's sake. We're winning. Deal with it.

#130 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

HUDDLER

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:49 AM

Since we are gonna rag on the defense, I'm gonna rag on Ted Ginn.  Despite having the game winning catch, the dude played like utter garbage.  He had at least 2 returns that he had no business leaving the endzone with, and left the offense at the 15 yard line or less.  He also had a huge drop that hit him wide-open and in the hands on a third down.

Seriously though, there are a lot of factors at work here with our defense in this game.  

1.) Didn't have CJ for most of the second half.  He's been the most productive, consistent and underrated player on this TEAM since the Jake Delhomme era.

2.) BB game planned the hell out of us.  BB has some absurd record after bye weeks (10-1 or something stupid) since being with the Patriots.  Patriots play calling was top notch all game long with the lone exception of the 3rd and 1 pass (which was probably called because nobody expected it, just like nobody expected them to run as often as they did while trailing us in points).

3.) Sure Brady moved the ball well and marched down the field, but we made him work for every pass.  I live in New York, I see a LOT of Patriots games.  You are just going to have to trust me on this, we pressured him MUCH better than teams typically do.  Tom is often seen drinking tea and eating crumpets in the pocket about midway through the 3rd quarter.

4.)  First time all season the Patriots had all of their offensive weapons healthy.  Those young receivers are getting their heads out of their ass, Vereen is like Kevin Faulk but much more athletic and Gronk... well yea he's a monster.  We are about to see the Patriots start to blow teams out left and right.

5.)  Ties back to point #3.  Didn't give up back breaking plays.  No bombs, no 70 yard catch and runs, no DPI on deep throws.  Yea, as Panther fans this year we expect these things to not happen, but Tom Brady and the Pats have been a powerhouse franchise for over a decade now.  A big part of their success is the deep ball.

Don't get me wrong, I wish our defense shut them out and sacked brady enough times to make his hairplugs fall out.  Could our defense had played better?  Hell yes.  Did we have a bad defensive showing?  I think we'll know that answer in a few weeks (I'm guessing no).

#131 Brad Piff

Brad Piff

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:57 AM

I wish sunday was here already noah.png

#132 FutureDynasty

FutureDynasty

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:02 AM

I wish sunday was here already noah.png

mynicca1.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, Miami Dolphins

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users