Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Run Game WILL roll again

23 posts in this topic

Posted

I heard a couple times today, Miami said they would make Cam beat them with his arm. They stack 8 and 9 in the box, spy Cam, and focus on stopping the run. New England tried the same thing. Belicheck's MO is to take away a teams strength, what they do best, and he had 2 weeks to plan for Panthers. Well guess what, you want Cam to beat you with his arm?? Well alrighhhtyy then. He is happy to oblige.

With 2 4th qtr comebacks and primarily with his arm, teams will have to start honoring the pass more, opening back up running lanes. That and get Hartsock back. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Our running game has never really been any good this year.

I'd like to see Tolbert and maybe Stewart get more touches. Williams just can't get consistent yards.

5 people like this

Posted

With 2 4th qtr comebacks and primarily with his arm, teams will have to start honoring the pass more, opening back up running lanes. That and get Hartsock back. 

That is doubtful.  What teams are doing is working.  The late drives were obvious situations where they were going to pass.  Until the Panthers can find someone that is a deep threat, loading the box and man-to-man on the outside will keep being what the Panthers will see.  If only Ginn could catch a deep ball...

Posted

We're reaching the most important part of the year. We just cannot afford to try and evenly distribute touches anymore for the sake of guy's feelings. We have got to feed the hot hand. I don't wanna lose anything valuable because we were concerned with being fair.

3 people like this

Posted

I wish our RBs could get a couple 10+ yd runs a game...

that would be huge

1 person likes this

Posted

I wish our RBs could get a couple 10+ yd runs a game...

that would be huge

That starts up front. We need Scott and Hartstock back soon though.

3 people like this

Posted

There were a few ~10 yard gains by our RBs today.

Posted

I know tha for some reason people think it doesnt count if Cam runs the ball... but we had 135 yards on the ground today, most of them in the second half. 

We are not the best run team in the league, but we are pretty good. 

If anything, we are not committing to the run enough. Earlier this year, up until and including the SF game, Deangelo was on fire. We need to hand him the ball some more, and he will eventually break the big one to the outside.

The really good thing is that Cam has really stepped up now, and even when we have problems running the ball, Cam can make enough throws, and the defense enough stops that we can pull off a win when we need to.

Posted

Charlotte Observer wants J-Stew to start carrying the load with D-Will coming in as a third down back.

I think that's a good idea. 

Posted

Charlotte Observer wants J-Stew to start carrying the load with D-Will coming in as a third down back.

I think that's a good idea. 

Agreed. I think Stew should be the workhorse back for this offense. He runs down hill, finishes his runs, and really seems to get better the more carries he gets and has the ability and physicality to wear down a defense. However, they may just be easing him back from his injury. Right now we do not know for sure whether or not Stewart could shoulder 20+ carries a game. 

2 people like this

Posted

Agreed. I think Stew should be the workhorse back for this offense. He runs down hill, finishes his runs, and really seems to get better the more carries he gets and has the ability and physicality to wear down a defense. However, they may just be easing him back from his injury. Right now we do not know for sure whether or not Stewart could shoulder 20+ carries a game. 

I'm thinking that as well. Stewart is coming off a long layoff. Rivera and Shula are likely being a tad cautious with him. That said, we gotta include Tolbert some more too. I can see him and Stewart punishing defenses on first and second downs and Williams providing a change of pace on third downs. Either way, things should get interesting as the season continues to unfold.

1 person likes this

Posted

Williams has been running fine all season/career. its Shula that isnt getting him in a rhythm.