• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#31 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:47 AM

This week's game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers should be a win for the Panthers. Afterall, they demolished the Bucs only a few weeks ago in Tampa Bay before a national television audience. Yet hardly anyone is talking about this game, which worries me.

The Bucs are on a 3 game win streak, most recently winning in Detroit against a decent Lions team. As the Panthers found out on Sunday, any road win against a legitimate NFL team is no easy task.

Warning: This is not the Buccaneers team the Panthers faced in week 8.

Many things add up to this being a classic "trap game" for the Panthers. A game that is overlooked and a win that is taken as a give.

1. The Panthers convincing victory over the Bucs in week 8.

2. The Panthers are riding high on a 7 game win streak (that will most likely end at some point).

3. A huge game against the Saints for the division lead next week on national television.

4. It is Thanksgiving week which means added distraction and extra time off for the players.

Add all of these things together, and Sunday's game against the Bucs could be the biggest trap game of the season.

This will not be the case if we fug around and lose to the Bucs.  This team knows that.

Secondly.... Its a rivalry.  These cats cant wait to put a smackin on the Bucs.  It's in their DNA to want to hurt those butt-pirates.

#32 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,068 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:51 AM

if we lose i don't think it'll be because we got trapped in any sense. i think it'll be because tampa bay is playing great defense and effective big-play offense. something has clicked with them... glennon has like 10 touchdowns and 3 INTs in the past couple weeks and that defense forced 4 matt stafford INTs last week.

it'll be a game

#33 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:56 AM

I've been to 3 NFL games so far.  Every time I go, the team I'm there to cheer for has lost.  Before the Panthers, my family was Dolphins fans.  They still are.  I've been to Miamia to watch Bledsoe and the Pats beat the Dolphins.  We went to Philly to watch Dan Marino and his old legs stand on the sidelines and lose to the Eagles.  I went to Washington to watch Jake Delhomme throw up a wounded warrior towards the end of the game and walk away in defeat. 

So I stopped going for awhile.  But after we lost to Arizona and the sky had already fallen on the huddle, I decided bringing my curse with me to a home game wouldn't hurt since we sucked anyways.  What's one more loss on a failure of a season? Purchased tickets to watch Tampa Bay and the Panthers play.  At least both were sucking at the time and looking like another fight for not being last.  Maybe they would be bad enough that we still would win.  Now  we won 7 straight and Tampa Bay has looked like a football team.

I'll never buy tickets again if we lose this one.

#34 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:58 AM

When a team is 8-3 ALL games are superbowl intencity games.

#35 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,489 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:01 AM

its-a-trap.jpg

#36 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:32 AM

I've been to 3 NFL games so far.  Every time I go, the team I'm there to cheer for has lost.  Before the Panthers, my family was Dolphins fans.  They still are.  I've been to Miamia to watch Bledsoe and the Pats beat the Dolphins.  We went to Philly to watch Dan Marino and his old legs stand on the sidelines and lose to the Eagles.  I went to Washington to watch Jake Delhomme throw up a wounded warrior towards the end of the game and walk away in defeat. 

So I stopped going for awhile.  But after we lost to Arizona and the sky had already fallen on the huddle, I decided bringing my curse with me to a home game wouldn't hurt since we sucked anyways.  What's one more loss on a failure of a season? Purchased tickets to watch Tampa Bay and the Panthers play.  At least both were sucking at the time and looking like another fight for not being last.  Maybe they would be bad enough that we still would win.  Now  we won 7 straight and Tampa Bay has looked like a football team.

Stay home.  For realz. 

#37 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,647 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:32 AM

It's a division game, and they beat us in Charlotte last year.  This is not a trap.

The Jets game, however, could be. 

#38 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,244 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:36 AM

This will no doubt be a good game and Tampa is going to bring it. The good thing is that so will we!!!

#39 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,489 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:41 AM

I think we will come ready to play. Like Hardy said, "we have to make this a dogfight on the first play".

Playoff teams take care of business. Right now business is Tampa, and bidness is good. We will give Tampa the business.

The Miami game was our wake up call.

#40 bonafidebanter

bonafidebanter

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:44 AM

Any given Sunday fellas.

#41 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,246 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:44 AM

Hey I think last week the panthers fell into the trap and still got away with the win, at least that's what it sounded like from smith. I think they'll be more motivated and less drained like they were on Sunday, plus they're home. Yea things are clicking for the bucs but things have been clicking for this team for the past two months. Cam's style is impetuous, our defense is impregnable and we're just ferocious baby I want his heart I want to eat his children praise be to allah

#42 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,885 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:47 AM

I really thought that Miami  was a trap game and with the Aints coming up in Prime Time the next week I  hope that the word 'trap' doesn't even resonate with the Panthers this week.

#43 PntherPryd

PntherPryd

Relic

• Moderators
  • 1,938 posts
  • LocationWilmington

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:47 AM

Detroit secondary and pass defense is among worst in league.  I can see Tampa coming in a little overblown with themselves.  Just listening to the players this week and Rivera on Sirius yesterday I say both sides of the ball will be pumped to put this one away as soon as possible and keep the pressure on New Orleans.

Seattle is undefeated at home for what, two seasons now?  Yet Saints have the offense to put them away up there, we can't count on seahawks to even things up and I know the players realize going into the first saints game 2 games back is not ideal.  I don't see this as a trap game.

#44 dr_rock

dr_rock

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

I've been to 3 NFL games so far.  Every time I go, the team I'm there to cheer for has lost. 

I witnessed thirteen straight Panther losses at Ericsson/BOA before seeing them beat the Buccs in 2006 or so.

Never been back.

#45 Beast_3000

Beast_3000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:12 AM

I felt the Miami game was a good lesson. The Panthers leaders/ captains have the hearts of lions. Based on what Tampa is doing they should be to smart to let this be a trap game. I am glad Tampa beat Detroit. It lets the rest of the team know that Tampa is the truth. Their quarterback doesn't compare to Cam but outside of that you can argue that they have more talent on the team. Our playmakers made the difference in the first game. Hopefully that will continue to be the trend this week.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com