#47 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:50 PM

So what is the end outcome...we gotta know

Well I went in and worked my butt off with a good attitude and he comes up to me about an hour after my shift starts and says go to Panthers game and see ya on Monday.  So now Im just waiting for the GF to get home then it's time to head to Charlotte.

Even get to watch the Iron Bowl. 

I know....anticlimactic right.

BTW....the "Honesty is the best policy" mantra worked the best.

#48 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,006 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

Well I went in and worked my butt off with a good attitude and he comes up to me about an hour after my shift starts and says go to Panthers game and see ya on Monday. So now Im just waiting for the GF to get home then it's time to head to Charlotte.

Glad it worked out for you. What a win-win

You get to go to the tg and game AND your boss respects and appreciates you for coming in.

You win

#49 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:56 PM

Glad it worked out for you. What a win-win

You get to go to the tg and game AND your boss respects and appreciates you for coming in.

You win

All thanks to the Huddle.  

#50 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:58 PM

^ Dumb.

Not when it comes to women that for F sure.

#51 camtheone

camtheone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:16 PM

sounds like you answered your own question....goto work then drive to clt and stay the night there and go tailgating in the am.  Your parents really get up at 8am to tailgate?  We usually go about 10, 2 hrs of drinking then head to the game an hour or so early so we make it in by kick off.  Unless you don't work on Mon then drinking from 7am until 4 (after the game is over) I would be worthless. KEEP POUNDING!!!!!

#52 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

sounds like you answered your own question....goto work then drive to clt and stay the night there and go tailgating in the am.  Your parents really get up at 8am to tailgate?  We usually go about 10, 2 hrs of drinking then head to the game an hour or so early so we make it in by kick off.  Unless you don't work on Mon then drinking from 7am until 4 (after the game is over) I would be worthless. KEEP POUNDING!!!!!

I'm gonna start drinking......responsibly around 10.  I just want to be there so I don't have to make a round trip in the same day only to be at work by 7:30 am Monday. That's just exhausting.

#53 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:47 PM

I wouldn't get off until about 11:30 tonight...tailgating starts after people wake up and take showers.......then it's time to pepper the coffee with some Bailey's. I think we wanted to hit the light rail about 9:30 though. Which mean I'd have to leave around 7am from Asheville.

Go to work,then catch a few zzzzz's and head down to Charlotte. Even if you miss most of the tailgate,you will still see the game,which is more important. Enjoy.

#54 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:51 PM

Well I went in and worked my butt off with a good attitude and he comes up to me about an hour after my shift starts and says go to Panthers game and see ya on Monday.  So now Im just waiting for the GF to get home then it's time to head to Charlotte.

Thumbs up dude. Glad it all came together for you.

#55 sanjay_rajput

sanjay_rajput

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • Locationstarkville, ms

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:59 PM

So I started a new job here in Asheville recently. Yesterday they asked me if I could come in tonight and work until close.  I didn't have anything going on so I said "sure."  Well this morning my family in Charlotte calls me and surprises me with tickets to the game tomorrow, and they want to tailgate in the morning, which means I would have to leave tonight.   :

So do I call in to work and tell them I can't come because of the Panther surprise, or do I bite the bullet and look like a good employee and skip the game?  I'm leaning towards calling in, because I don't get a chance to go to many games because of logistics cost. Plus we're good this year. Plus it's a surprise Christmas gift.

Your the one who committed first ..... I say impress the boss and enjoy the Panthers' W whether your there or not....

#56 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:59 PM

Thanks everyone for their brotherly advice.  I really do love all y'all at the huddle....even the annoying ones.  Thanks for enhancing my life.

#57 pinkfloyd

pinkfloyd

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:34 PM

Saw this after the fact and glad you decided to do what you did.  But next time if you're even THINKING about lying to your boss about showing up, I'd recommend that you not give details such as "Asheville" and "new job" etc.... Bosses read forums too!

PS I live in Asheville, and it's a SMALL town.... :) ...just sayin'

Go Panthers!!

edited for typo

Edited by pinkfloyd, 30 November 2013 - 09:35 PM.

#58 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,247 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:37 PM

Time to man up. Sleep when you're dead.

#59 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 9,166 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:45 PM

don't be a pussy go to work and the tailgate. problem solved 

#60 Fan01

Fan01

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:16 PM

If you need a message board to help you make this decision I wouldn't quit your day job.  

Glad it all worked out for ya though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.