151 replies to this topic

#31 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,532 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:45 AM

Shocked to see RW with more rushing yards.

Trying to see it through uninterested observer eyes and right now it is a tough question.  But a good problem to have.

Interesting that Cam is back in the equation(s) again..... as recently as 2-3 weeks ago it would have been RW vs. RGme or Luck with no mention of Cam at all.

Not me. 

Wilson is more of a scrambler, and Cam is more of your traditional pocket QB. 

Wilson actually throws better off the run. If you keep him in the pocket, he can't see over the defense, unless he has room to create lanes like Drew Brees. He also appears to get a little antsy, and wanna run if his receivers are locked (though not as bad as RG3 or Kaep). 

#32 Semaj

Semaj

The Cam to Kelvin Show

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts
  • LocationPalm Coast, Fl

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:46 AM

http://www.cbssports...-russell-wilson

Bill Cowher, Dan Marino, Shannon Sharpe, Boomer, and Brown talk about who they'd rather have.

Seahawks fans gonna have their jimmies Russell'd about this one.  Pretty much everybody takes Cam except Boomer (who spews straight crap).

Wow Boomer sounds just like many of those dumb @ss Saints fans.  He is a hater, bringing up crap from last year and ignoring the growth of Cam this year.  He can't do the same things as Cam.  I want to see him break tackles to keep drives going.  He cant.  He RW is a very good QB, but I will take Cam all day and every day over him.  Heck, I would bet the vast majority of GM's would too, if there was a re-draft.

#33 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,439 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:51 AM

As of right now Cam has about 40 more rushing yards and 5 more rushing tds. Russell still has to play tonight tho. The only beef I have with Cam these days and what's keeping him from being Elite is that one or two times a game he makes some dumb ass decisions. He's so much better than that.

I actually think he would have more td passes and yards if our defense wasn't shutting teams out. A lot of games this year have been over well before the 4th quarter, to the point where we aren't even throwing the ball anymore.

remember when we were having discussions about the draft and us not taking a WR in the first two rounds.

i said getting a solid defense would help Cam just as much as drafting a WR in the 1st or 2nd.  I was right.

I think Cam is elite already. And every elite player makes dumb decisions. It happens. It's about how they respond to that and how they get their team in the position to get the W.

#34 Awesomeness!!

Awesomeness!!

BangBang

• HUDDLER
  • 5,399 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

You could argue that RW is just as good as Cam. I have no problem with somebody saying they would rather have RW. No need in getting our panties in a bunch.

#35 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,532 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:58 AM

As of right now Cam has about 40 more rushing yards and 5 more rushing tds. Russell still has to play tonight tho. The only beef I have with Cam these days and what's keeping him from being Elite is that one or two times a game he makes some dumb ass decisions. He's so much better than that.

I actually think he would have more td passes and yards if our defense wasn't shutting teams out. A lot of games this year have been over well before the 4th quarter, to the point where we aren't even throwing the ball anymore.

Last nights two INT's weren't "dumb decisions (if you were including them)". Cam sailed one high, that Lafell couldn't get to, though OTHER Receivers may have. And there seemed to be a miscommunication (as Rivera mentioned) on his second INT. Steve Smith also fell on the route, on the near INT with Revis. Sometimes you just gotta take things as part of the game. 

I do agree with you, that if the offensive line was better, and the Panthers weren't in so many easy games, Cam would have more yards and TD's indeed. Of course many National Media, fail to mention these things when "accessing" Cam's yardage total and TD's. 

The amazing thing to think: How many games would Cam/The Panthers/Rivera had won, if Rivera would have been a better game manager, and more aggressive from day one? The Panthers have been in most of their games, since both arrived in Charlotte, but always found away to blow it at the end. 

#36 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,439 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:58 AM

You could argue that RW is just as good as Cam. I have no problem with somebody saying they would rather have RW. No need in getting our panties in a bunch.

they are two different kinds of qb's even tho people see throwing qb that can run.

Cam is just on another level athletically. nobody in the league at the qb position can do the superman dive. no qb in theleague can juke three defenders in the pocket the way Cam did against ATL and make a 20 yard pass on a rocket shot.

RW is very good. Cam is special.

#37 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:02 AM

Wait....so Russell Wilson could have leaped that pile and scored a TD like Cam did yesterday? Ohhhhhh......get the fug outta here

#38 Semaj

Semaj

The Cam to Kelvin Show

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts
  • LocationPalm Coast, Fl

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:13 AM

Its not that he chose RW over Cam.  Its that he puts him down in the process.  

#39 ctrcat

ctrcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:14 AM

Wilson is a great football player, smart, and a gamer. Cam is a once in a lifetime freak. Wilson defenders in this argument say Cam will never have his "moxie", although they ignore the 24 point comeback at Alabama and three 4th quarter comebacks in the last four games currently. With Cam's upside, it's not even close.

#40 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,373 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:20 AM

Boomer isn't answering the call of the question.  Seahawks have a more complete team [or should I say had one to start the year] than the Panthers did.  We are already building around Cam, the Seahawks just plugged Wilson into the scheme.  The answer to the question can be found in the reality of the Seahawks' and Panthers' current personnel situations.

And at the end, Boomer was getting frustrated and immediately started pantomiming the "Superman" shirt rip.  That's what it comes down to with this guy.  Guess what, Boomer, the very thing you don't like about Cam is the very thing that has Cam so successful--running the ball in for touchdowns because that's the only time he does it.  If you watch game tape up close, I know, tough for you "journalists" nowadays, you will find that Cam is just youthful exuberance and not fathead Clay Matthews.  He genuinely loves the game, as seen by his "Superman," first down points, and ear-to-ear grin on QB scrambles.

#41 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,439 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:22 AM

the superman thing is for Cam's brother for christs sake

#42 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:25 AM

Boomer would have made the same arguments about Luck, Kaep, RG III, and probably Gabbert.  It's pretty clear that he's kind of pro-RW, but mainly anti-Cam.

I think it's a good question though, and it's one that's a lot like asking if you would take Manning or Brees.  Either way, you can't lose.

#43 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,008 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:26 AM

I will just echo what someone else said.

RW is probably at or near his ceiling. Which is fine because he is legit.

Cam is still growing and still has more to improve on. Cam is still probably the most inexperienced and raw of the young QBs and he also might be the best of them right now, even over Luck.

His ceiling is fugging scary.

#44 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,275 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:37 AM

Last year, Seahawk fans acknowledged that Cam Newton is the most athletically gifted QB to ever grace the sport. However, not one would take him over Russell Wilson because and I quote: "He's the jack of all trades, but master of none. Wilson is the better leader". I couldn't totally disagree with them because Cam was struggling with his mechanics and leadership role. However, Newton clearly has some intangibles and attributes that Wilson will never possess (size, brute strength, cannon arm, versatility, freaky athleticism, etc), and the theory was that if he was able to put it all together he'd be the most lethal and fearful weapon the NFL has ever seen. Well, Cam is continuing to improve as a passer and leader, and he's only 24 years old. This season alone has confirmed, in fact, that Newton is a franchise QB. When the defense needed to be bailed out, he took this team on his back and singlehandedly won games for us.

The duo of Cam and The Panthers' D reminds me of Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal. Although Cam's talents remind me of LeBron, Newton's maturity and leadership is comparable to Kobe during the three title run. Did anyone question it or care when they were winning? No. Kobe was just viewed as a deadly assassin who loved to have fun on the court -- albeit spoiled. That's all that matters. Cam is going to get there (hell, he may already be there) eventually. What then? What will Wilson have over Cam?

Like Marino and Cowher said: "You have to gameplan for Cam Newton. He can take over a game with one play."

#45 ajax4132

ajax4132

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:39 AM

Cam is plutonium grade raw material, Russell Wilson is your basic refined uranium fuel.

Cam doesn't have a ceiling, he could be the best qb ever when it is all said and one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com