Photo
- - - - -

looks like Stewart not practicing again today....

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#46 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:49 AM

Has been a non factor, no biggie.

If Tolbert wasn't practicing I would be concerned.

#47 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:50 AM

He won't be here next year. Gettleman's not gonna keep a guy that doesn't practice over one that does.

Really? When did he tell you that?

#48 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,653 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:32 AM

You made an assumption that I didn't imply.

Nothing says he can't/won't be cut out right and the Panthers simply absorbing the hit, the demand for Stewart is not going to be there, between his contract and his inability to be on the field who appears to have lost a step... That does happen.

If it comes to a roster spot to hold someone who is not on the field with a ridiculous contract, or cutting him to bring in someone who can play, which do you think Gettleman will do. The Marty Hurney era is gone. Gettleman will find a way to put that dead money over a period of years.

My money says that Stewart will be riding his exercise bike somewhere else, be it his own gym or another teams' but I don't believe it will be here.

Having said, that, I have been a huge Stewart fan and I hope he does turn it on this year and produce; but, I don't see it.

Considering who we have to re-sign next year, absorbing hits like Stewart's contract isn't an option. The only realistic scenario in my honest opinion is if G-Man convinces Jonathan to take a paycut in the offseason OR if J-Stew asks for a trade. I believe we'll see Stewart in a Panther uniform next year.

That depends. Stewart and Williams are averaging about the same stats behind this o-line. It'll be interesting to see who has the greater push into the playoffs.

#49 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,514 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:37 AM

Someone's feeling dickish tonight.

Glad to see you could come up with a constructive critique of your own. I suppose it's always easier to be an ass to a fellow fan.

compared to you being an ass about a fellow player?

Lol

#50 coralreefer_1

coralreefer_1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:40 AM

My only concern is that regardless of how the NO game goes..we are poised to go to the playoffs in one capacity or another unless there is a total breakdown of this team in the next few weeks.

And yet, Williams/Jstew/and Tolbert are banged up. Granted, none of their issues seem to be serious, but yet with the prospect of not only playoffs, but hopefully going deep into the playoffs or dare I say to the Superbowl...I would hope that JStew (whom hasnt been doing much but resting all season) could play at least 1 game here he wasnt injured/resting/being held out because of precautionary reasons.

I think this is why many seem to be worried about Stewert.  When the guys that have been getting the vast majority of carries all season (Williams/Tolbert) are taking a bit of rest and nursing football injuries, Stewert who has been riding a bike on the sideline most of the season comes in hopefully to revitalize the corp...only to play a game and go right back to the sideline afterward.

Honestly, I dont know nor care if he plays or not. Point is... at this point in the season with hopes of going further after December...to have a guy who is supposed to be rested and ready to play join the banged up and questionable list does not bode well for our playoff hopes in my opinion

#51 Lemory

Lemory

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • LocationRivera's Doghouse

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:47 AM

Really? When did he tell you that?

Yesterday. I got him on speed dial.

#52 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,169 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:46 PM

Yesterday. I got him on speed dial.

Let's crank call him

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.