Photo
- - - - -

Heel fans

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#31 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:09 AM

John Henson is the next Kevin Durrant

Are we talking about the same Kevin Durant? Maybe the one with two r's in his last name is different, because this one was pretty special.

Durant was widely hailed by the media as the Big 12's top freshman and a top candidate to be named Freshman of the Year.[21] He averaged 25.8 points per game and 11.1 rebounds per game during his freshman season with the Texas Longhorns. In Big 12 matches he averaged 28.9 points per game and 12.5 rebounds. His college career high for scoring was 37 points, which he has achieved on four occasions. Durant had twenty 30-point games his freshman year, including a losing effort against Kansas for the regular season Big 12 title.

In March 2007, Durant was named the NABC Division I Player of the Year,[2] and received the Oscar Robertson Trophy[4] and the Adolph F. Rupp Trophy,[5] becoming the first freshman to win each of these awards. On March 30, 2007, he was selected as the Associated Press college player of the year, becoming the first freshman and the first Texas athlete to receive this award since its inception in 1961.[2][22] On April 1, 2007 he became the first freshman to receive the Naismith Award[23] and on April 7, 2007, won the John R. Wooden Award.[7]

In late February 2007, Durant received an invitation to the Team USA Basketball training camp, becoming the second freshman after Greg Oden to achieve this.[24]

Henson will be good, but let's not compare him to Kevin Durant just because he is skinny.

#32 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:45 AM

Are we talking about the same Kevin Durant? Maybe the one with two r's in his last name is different, because this one was pretty special.

Durant was widely hailed by the media as the Big 12's top freshman and a top candidate to be named Freshman of the Year.[21] He averaged 25.8 points per game and 11.1 rebounds per game during his freshman season with the Texas Longhorns. In Big 12 matches he averaged 28.9 points per game and 12.5 rebounds. His college career high for scoring was 37 points, which he has achieved on four occasions. Durant had twenty 30-point games his freshman year, including a losing effort against Kansas for the regular season Big 12 title.

In March 2007, Durant was named the NABC Division I Player of the Year,[2] and received the Oscar Robertson Trophy[4] and the Adolph F. Rupp Trophy,[5] becoming the first freshman to win each of these awards. On March 30, 2007, he was selected as the Associated Press college player of the year, becoming the first freshman and the first Texas athlete to receive this award since its inception in 1961.[2][22] On April 1, 2007 he became the first freshman to receive the Naismith Award[23] and on April 7, 2007, won the John R. Wooden Award.[7]

In late February 2007, Durant received an invitation to the Team USA Basketball training camp, becoming the second freshman after Greg Oden to achieve this.[24]

Henson will be good, but let's not compare him to Kevin Durant just because he is skinny.

I will kinda take up for the guy.....I think he meant he shows Durant type skills and abilities, to venture off and say he will be the next Durant is getting a little ahead of himself

I always wonder what some of these players like Durant, Griffin, etc would have been like if they would have been more talent surrounding them....Would they have stood out as much as they did or would they have been just a great player??

I think Durant would have still stood out, but some of the other spectacular college players I sometimes wonder if they would have with other teams like Kansas, Carolina, Duke, etc.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com