Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Will We Ever Get Our Number 1 Receiver In A Draft?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
207 replies to this topic

#157 weyco2000

weyco2000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:10 AM

Yeah the Patriots passed on him several times too.

That's the point, hindsight is 20/20.

#158 Pox 08

Pox 08

Luck of the Fryrish

HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:10 AM

Man........................  I just want Cam to have what almost every other Qb in the league has.    That comfortable feeling in throwing the ball up to his #1 WR and knowing that there's a good chance of that WR beating his coverage and coming down with the ball.

I'm jealous that the Colts got Luck some new toys in the draft.

Dalton gets new toys..

Falcons got Ryan the GOAT TE,  and JJ.

We've gotten Cam -  Ginn,  Olsen (I love Olsen,  but,  he's not exactly a game-changer)?   I'm sure i'm missing some,  so don't kill me. 

Maybe we'll get a 9th string WR from the Broncos this off-season,  to really give our offense the bounce it needs. 

#159 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:46 AM

Oh please, stop trying to make this about some disrespect for your favorite college team. Nobody gives a damn, this an NFL forum.

Frankly, I don't recall how I felt about the guy since it was nearly two years ago. It couldn't have been too strong either way.

If you really believe that nobody on this board has no college allegiance then you are very naive. Believe what you want, though. 

#160 MasterAwesome

MasterAwesome

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:54 AM

I don't watch any college football whatsoever...but Donte Moncrief definitely has the coolest name by far, so I think we should get him in the 1st. Mike Evans is the most boring name...let's get him in the 7th.

#161 bigskypanthersguy

bigskypanthersguy

Prowl, Cats, Prowl.

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:35 AM

With the league the way it is, I don't think it's necessary to have a true #1 if you have a few competent #2's and #3's.  We don't, clearly, and generally speaking you can find that kind of talent in the second and third round.  I mean, maybe on his best day Lafell is a #3, and I can honestly see us keeping him if we give him a modest extension because he knows Cam and the offense, there's some degree of familiarity there, and Ginn isn't as trustworthy.  I love Ginn's speed, but the drop problem hasn't really gone away.  Even if we did end up keeping Ginn and Lafell I'd bet a double-dip at receiver would have a high probability this draft, because they're essentially the best of a sad lot at receiver and it's something that has to get fixed immediately.  Then there's both offensive tackles to worry about, possibly another guard, a true backup at TE, and I wouldn't mind another couple of corners.

#162 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:45 AM

Amini will be really good when he gets healthy. I am not worried about it. I am pretty sure our gm and front office are not retarded and realize wr is a need and I am sure it will be addressed. Don't get all your panties in a wad over it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

When has it ever been?

#163 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:56 AM

If I'm Cam I'm not signing poo until they make a effort to get me some weapons. Right now we have players and no play makers which is why we get stuck kicking fgs. Greg Olsen will make some catches but watching him run with the ball is laughable

#164 MCC

MCC

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:23 AM

Lol at so many of you acting like you know more about drafting players than an NFL GM.

#165 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:28 AM

Yup, now that Gettleman's on board. 

#166 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:33 AM

If Alshon were on this team right now, boy this would be a great season. But this is an ok season though.

#167 Fox007

Fox007

HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:28 AM

Or better yet, if we traded for Josh Gordon. Putting up those numbers with the browns QB situation is beyond incredible and damn near historic

Well it WAS historic in that no WR in NFL history dropped back to back 200 yard games.

#168 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:50 AM

I remember I was upset with the amino pick as well. A raw G that was a chance over a gamecock that was proven. Oh well picks like this is why Hurney lost his job. The DG want be making those mistakes.