Photo
- - - - -

2011 was the year we got the Franchise Quarterback

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
92 replies to this topic

#85 General_Purr

General_Purr

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:08 AM

I agree that we do have a line .. Kugbila, Amini, and bring Wharton back which he will. He will want to retire in the carolinas. 

Unless we Knowwww we could get Moncfrief 2nd round I would be fine if they took Richardson (OL) first round.. but Id rather double dip WR

First round WR

Second round WR/OL/CB

Third round RB

Fourth RD CB

Fifth FB

#86 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:30 AM

You can't be that football dumb.

Ohhhh....you under estimate the power of chuck.

#87 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:33 AM

The most interesting thing that this post made me think of is this;

Everyone can agree we NEED OL help (a lot- at least a good bit)

Everyone can agree we NEED an explosive receiver

So which one first?

I say the WR- Cam is good enough getting out of the pocket when it collapses that just having that threat downfield changes everything.

You build a team from the inside out. Improving the OL helps the passing game in two ways.....provides Cam the time he needs AND re- establishes a running game. A good running game (opening up play action pass) is a QB's best friend.

#88 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

HUDDLER

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:10 AM

I get the reasoning by wanting an RT and I am typically a build from the trenches type but we need a playmaker on offense not named Cam in the worst kind of way.  Our best weapons are literally our FB, 34 yo Smith, and Ted freaking Ginn Jr.  

I mean if we see LT potential in a guy we can start on the right side, I have no problem but we need a freaking playmaker and this draft is stocked with an adequate amount.  

#89 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:26 AM

Gettleman comes from a pro scouting background. He wanted to beef up our dline last year so with our first 2 picks he got us 2 of the best DT's in the draft. I have little doubt that since all of us see our weaknesses as WR, oline, CB that it is apparent to him also. He can't address all 3 of those sufficiently just in the draft. IMO it is much easier to find oline (particularly OG) and secondary help in Free Agency. 

Teams DO NOT let players with number 1 WR talent hit the market unless they have serious issues(health, attitude,etc). It's not just about what is more important to a team, WR or oline, but also which one is easier to address in free agency. By all accounts this year's WR crop is much better than last year's and we have all seen receivers from that class come in and make an impact. Go get Cam at least 1 big time WR. If a great OT falls to us of course you have to consider taking him at 1. BPA between WR and OT with our first and get the other with  our 2nd pick.

Corner is a need but Rivera has shown he can coach up DB's, I trust him to make up for defensive deficiencies MUCH more than Shula to make up for a weak line and WR's that don't scare anyone.

#90 cavic7585

cavic7585

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

I think we draft oline-wr-cb-de-then get whoever.

WR is a glaring hole but so is OT and CB,so im not going to get upset if we do not get a WR in the first two picks. I would love to get a TE also. I actually think that would be better for Cam. A good TE can help with short passing game and running.

#91 tondi

tondi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

I don't think we need interior line help with the players we have coming back from injury and hopefully Wharton. We do need to upgrade the tackle position so if we spend a pick on the oline it better be for a tackle. Otherwise we should focus on wr, te, and cb. Throw in defensive end as well if Hardy leaves.

#92 catnip

catnip

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:33 PM

Gettleman made the most with the cap last year made the d-line one of the best. The O-line should be priority #1. It
will improve our run game and give Cam more time to throw. Bell is a back-up at best and very soon Gross will retire.
We drafted Kugbila, but don't know what we got. We need to get younger and better. we may lose Hardy and Williams due to salary issues. Gettleman has to work his magic again upgrade our team. Bring in a few more vets and resign those who have proven themselves.

#93 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:38 PM

I get the reasoning by wanting an RT and I am typically a build from the trenches type but we need a playmaker on offense not named Cam in the worst kind of way.  Our best weapons are literally our FB, 34 yo Smith, and Ted freaking Ginn Jr.  

I mean if we see LT potential in a guy we can start on the right side, I have no problem but we need a freaking playmaker and this draft is stocked with an adequate amount.  

I 100% agree with you that we need a weapon at WR.

I think we should take OT in the first (Gross replacement even if he plays one more year).  Replaces Gross if he is not re-signed or plays RT next year while Gross plays 1 more year.

I am not sold on double dipping the OL next year.  We have Amini and Kug coming back.  This hopefully solidifies the G position.

Go CB or WR in 2nd and 3rd.