Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chris Scott has gone missing!

41 posts in this topic

Posted

Dell XPS - the Dell XPS model is a top of their top of the line most powerful stock computer.

Loaded - which means he has a crap load of ram to run to be able to watch five different football games streaming on the internet AND still be able to fire up a game of Battlefield4. . and maybe even burn a blueray while he's doing it.

Asus - A consistent brand known for reliability and bang for your buck.

23 inch 1ms monitor - 23 inches diagonally from the bottom left to the top of right of viewable area. A 1 millisecond refresh time refers to the time it take between the video card to the viewable screen.  Most gamers can detect somewhere between 5ms to 10ms of a noticeable delay (or lag).

So Dex, you got you some solid state?

Not enough pie in the world for you my friend.

Posted

Dell XPS - the Dell XPS model is a top of their top of the line most powerful stock computer.

Loaded - which means he has a crap load of ram to run to be able to watch five different football games streaming on the internet AND still be able to fire up a game of Battlefield4. . and maybe even burn a blueray while he's doing it.

Asus - A consistent brand known for reliability and bang for your buck.

23 inch 1ms monitor - 23 inches diagonally from the bottom left to the top of right of viewable area. A 1 millisecond refresh time refers to the time it take between the video card to the viewable screen.  Most gamers can detect somewhere between 5ms to 10ms of a noticeable delay (or lag).

So Dex, you got you some solid state?

I stopped at Dell. No true computer enthusiast would ever touch Dell unless its an oldschool keyboard.

Posted

Not enough pie in the world for you my friend.

Haha no need mang, Im in the nexus with ya. Livin the life of gaming bliss on pc.

DayZ is still where its at tho.

1 person likes this

Posted

I stopped at Dell. No true computer enthusiast would ever touch Dell unless its an oldschool keyboard.

I mean I build my own computers, but if I were to buy one from a computer company then there's nothing about Dell in particular that would make me not buy one from them.

Posted

I stopped at Dell. No true computer enthusiast would ever touch Dell unless its an oldschoo"l keyboard.

"Derp. Derp derp derp derp. Derp."

Actually I got a ridiculous student discount I couldn't refuse and it gave me a chance to start building my credit. They have an excellent credit system. Dell can be grimy but as long as you know what you're talking about you won't get screwed. A knowledgeable consumer is a happy consumer.

Posted

You have an i7 right? dat dell doe... I always had problems with Dell and ever since I build my own computers.

1 person likes this

Posted

Haha no need mang, Im in the nexus with ya. Livin the life of gaming bliss on pc.

DayZ is still where its at tho.

I'll prob get it down the road maybe when the standalone is in beta.

1 person likes this

Posted

He pulled a Byron Bell

Posted

You have an i7 right? dat dell doe... I always had problems with Dell and ever since I build my own computers.

Yes I do. I've had my problems as well but it's all covered under the warranty. They wanted to charge me $450 to extend my warranty 2 more years a few months ago. Kept calling different reps and found a guy just like me. Got it for $150 and they gave me a $50 Dell gift card. But when this is done for I'll most likely build my own now that I know my poo.

1 person likes this

Posted

Only part I dread about building is that you have to become an expert for a couple of weeks if you want it done right. Then you can forget it all because it will all change 6 months later.

1 person likes this

Posted

This Thread went from Madden to Madden being compared to real life Chris Scott to Geek talk

Posted

I have an 8350 because Intel is too rich for my blood.

I do have an Asus 280x though, solid card. And an SSD, even though it's older gen. I'l prolly get a Samsung 840 soonish.