Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt Ryan's impressive stat

85 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

QBR has always been weird in grading Cam for some reason... I've seen him play great games where he'll bust out game-changing plays and he'll get a mediocre at best QBR while I'll similarly watch another QB play a game and do absolutely nothing special yet score a 75+ QBR.

Whatever metric they use in grading it's always been harsh on Cam.  They talk about rushing is factored in and "clutch" performances are heavily weighted... yet I've seen Cam extend so many dead drives on 3rd down with his legs it's ridiculous, you'd think he'd be one of the highest rated QBs in the league, but nope.  It's like they don't even account for it.

For instance, the Jets game there was only a 5 point difference between Cam and Geno.  A 5 fuging point difference when Geno had 80 passing yards until the 4th quarter, took unnecessary sacks, missed receivers all day, and threw a game-sealing pick 6.

Cam didn't have his greatest game, but it wasn't a bad one by any means.  For comparison he had a 118.9 passer rating... how the fug was his QBR 39?  

273 passing yards, 66.7 completion %, 11.38 YPA, 1 TD, 0 turnovers.  That would be like the greatest performance of Geno's career lol.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

11-4 or 4-11. Get the fug off our field.

Posted · Report post

You guys do know that QBR is just some bullshit that ESPN made up, right?  Cam's passing stats through three seasons are pretty similar to Ryan's first three years.  The difference between the two being that Cam can make plays with his legs where as I'm pretty sure my 40 time is faster than Ryan's.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Lol I hope Borat comes back after this season is over 

Posted · Report post

Lol I hope Borat comes back after this season is over

If anything I'm more active in the offseason.

Posted · Report post

Agreed, but Julio wasn't in the picture this year, and you forgot that Dwill/JStew>SJax and Cam's OL>Matt's. 

Um, no, not really...if you've ever seen Byron Bell play, he's so bad he'd probably be a backup to your current starters.  Nate Chandler, while a great story, isn't all that hot either...

Posted · Report post

Um, no, not really...if you've ever seen Byron Bell play, he's so bad he'd probably be a backup to your current starters.  Nate Chandler, while a great story, isn't all that hot either...

Neither PFF nor Football Outsiders think Carolina is even close to as bad as the Falcons' line. Our line is absolutely garbage. 

Posted · Report post

i don't think you can really compare the two QBs this year because they're being asked to do two completely different things. you also have to take into consideration that carolina has a run game which decreases cam's attempts while making it easier for him when he does pass; by contrast the falcons run game is terrible, giving ryan more attempts (but making completions harder to come by since everyone expects it.)

the fact that ryan is throwing for over 4000 yards and a good TD:INT ratio in an off-year without a top-flite receiver is pretty impressive IMO

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

it's gonna be downright rapey in that dome though

Posted · Report post

If anything I'm more active in the offseason.

Aight btw have fun finding a TE to replace Gonzo

Posted · Report post

9 out of 10 Falcons fans would trade Melty for Cam straight up today, they just will not admit it in a public forum Ike this.

The 10% were racists, right? No way georgia is that dumb

Posted · Report post

Aight btw have fun finding a TE to replace Gonzo

Not possible to replace a GOAT, but I like what Toilolo (last year's 4th rounder) has shown.