Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I never want to hear Panther fans referred to as lightweight or fairweather again

55 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10222617/thousands-unsold-seats-lambeau-field

How else to explain why as of Wednesday afternoon there were less than 7,500 tickets still remaining, according to a team spokesperson, for Sunday's NFC playoff game at Lambeau Field against the San Francisco 49ers?

The Packers have a streak of 319 consecutive sellouts (301 regular-season games and 18 playoff games) and nearly 100,000 people on their season-ticket waiting list.

The Packers must sell out by 3:40 p.m. ET on Thursday to avoid a local television blackout. NFL rules say teams must sell out games at least 72 hours prior to kickoff to ensure they will be shown on local TV.

Green Bay isn't the only team having trouble selling out for this weekend's games, with the Indianapolis Colts and Cincinnati Bengals also faced with thousands of unsold tickets.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

You got somebody good to grant that wish, like a Genie or the Tooth Fairy?

Posted · Report post

A local corp will buy the remaining tix to avoid a blackout. Still pathetic none the less

Posted · Report post

Times are rough.  Peoples' budgets are not what they use to be.

Blackouts may be a nonissue in the future.  MLB is in litigation right now over its blackout policy.  Could see some carry over to other major sports, including the NFL.

Posted · Report post

A lot of folks will complain about opposing fans buying tickets.

I say "give me your money let my team crush your dreams."

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

It's cause Aaron roger gay

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

My internet is being upgraded so I ran out to jump on a wifi yesterday morning.  Couldn't find a ticket on Ticketmaster within seconds of them going on sale. 

Singles...doubles...nothing. 

Posted · Report post

The fear of freezing to death in GB may be a factor. The last I heard it should be around -14 degrees.Your beer would freeze before you reached your seat.Your brat will look like a boner.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

NFL attendance is falling everywhere.

Posted · Report post

Once again were talking about teams selling an entire stadium worth of tickets. If there were 72,000 Panthers tickets available they wouldn't have been gone in three minutes.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Cincy is nothing new. Giants, Jets, Dallas, Seattle, and Green Bay are all consistently filling their stadiums. I believe the problem lies with teams who have always had problems.

Posted · Report post

Has to do with big flat screen TV's and all the crazy cameras they use at games now for every angle, imo.

2 people like this