29 replies to this topic

#1 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:01 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

I'd just go to go over some sights and sounds from inside the Stadium.

I sat in section 312, it was right next to the Vernon Davis TD catch. The crowd showed up early today. I was in my seat by noon and the stadium was half full by 12:30, very few empty seats by introductions. The crowd came out on fire, I honestly think we were louder for introductions than during the game, maybe people blew their load before the game because we didn't maintain the energy. It was really a sight to see, I'd say the stadium was 95% pro Panther and I got teary eyed seeing what our stadium is capable of. Nobody sat down in the first quarter around my section and I was in the club seats. It was disappointing we couldn't sustain that energy throughout the game, obviously it hurts when the defense gives up first downs.

I feel like our defense came out with too much edge. We always play on the edge and with it being the playoffs they went over the edge. Some of those penalties were soft. I get that. But they were also unnecessary. We didn't need to make that late hit or the headbutt by Captain. Our defense made several stops and penalties kept the drives alive. To me this is where our defense needs to mature. There is playing hard and there is playing reckless.

In the end this game down to one thing for me, the Panthers couldn't gain a yard and the 49ers could. We lost the battle in the trenches for whatever reason our defensive line wasn't good enough and our offensive line wasn't good enough.

Obviously the refs did us no favors but it was a team loss today. We had a team full of guys that just didn't get the job done with the exception of Steve Smith.....Steve Smith. He is a legend, he delivers for us over and over again. He's an old man on a gimp leg carrying our team. He is a Panther Hero.

And let's be clear about something, the team that beat us is good too. I don't like their attitude but everything we did was hard because they were good.

Our coaching staff needs to evolve. The same won't be good enough next year.

Was that Boo with the "KraKen Killt It No Spoon" sign?

I was upset the crowd left with 4 minutes left. Our chances of winning at that point were low but did you really have somewhere better to be? We have 8 months until preseason and you couldn't savor the last 4 minutes of one of our best seasons?

The fans that stayed until the end got a heartfelt applause from Steve Smith. He appreciated you guys.

Good season guys. I'm proud of the Panthers, all of them. I'm proud of Byron Bell, Cam, Steve, TD, the KRAKEN. You gave us a terrific season and I'm proud of you all.

#2 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,303 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:04 PM

btw I could not stand the fans pouring out the stadium with over 4 mins left.  Thats unacceptable.

#3 Lakelover

Lakelover

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:10 PM

I espouse to the theory you buy your ticket you come and go when you please. Good season though.

#4 Maverick

Maverick

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:20 PM

I had to leave earlier before I punched a 49ers fan in the throat!

#5 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,131 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:25 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

we were still in it until josh thomas fuged up. no excuse to leave before then

#6 heelsrule1988

heelsrule1988

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

The atmosphere was unbelievable. It was great to be back at the BOA for the first time in over 11 years. I'm just heartbroken that it's over. The future is so bright, but I didn't want this season to end...

#7 Olsen88

Olsen88

H.O.F Cats Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  • LocationDouble Snow Land

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:25 PM

I was upset the crowd left with 4 minutes left. Our chances of winning at that point were low but did you really have somewhere better to be? We have 8 months until preseason and you couldn't savor the last 4 minutes of one of our best seasons?

exactly.

I know we wont win the game when we have 2 minutes or something, but I know this is the game we panthers fans have waited for so long a time. I just sit on my bed and watch we march the ball to near the goalline with Ginn, until the final incomplete pass.

At that moment, I'm really fuging frustrated and felt alone, but I didn;t leave the team alone.

#8 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:30 PM

the people leaving early were just people who were there because it was something to do. Football and the Panthers don't mean anything to them.

#9 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,132 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:31 PM

fug that it was not a team loss but some lop sided officiating that lost us that game. The 49ers were playing just as hard yet no calls.

#10 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,535 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

I don't ever remember seeing a Panthers team so fired up and aggressive...  they came out mad as fug.  

#11 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,718 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:54 PM

Was that Boo with the "KraKen Killt It No Spoon" sign?

No, she posted hers on facebook and that wasn't it.

I've never understood leaving early period.  Every game I've ever been to I've stayed until the clock ran out win or lose.

#12 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,994 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:56 PM

smh at fans that were leaving when we were down 2 scores with the ball and 4 minutes left.

Unreal they would do that. 

#13 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:08 PM

btw I could not stand the fans pouring out the stadium with over 4 mins left.  Thats unacceptable.

I know some super fans with pimples and nerd glasses on may fuss about fans leaving early, all I have to say about that is that If you want fans to stay you need to give them a reason to stay after that int by Cam the game was essentially over and everyone and their grandmother thats been dead for 10 years knew that.

#14 boo7382

boo7382

• HUDDLER
  • 10,601 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:27 PM

I saw that sign it was across the field from us

I attached a pic of mine

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Attached Files

#15 L_Bell

L_Bell

NEWB

• HUDDLER
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationIndian Trail, NC

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:29 PM

I stayed beyond the bitter end.  This was the first time I was able to sit in my nice, expensive seat.  Well, besides during the Flo Rida half-time show.Attached File  bitter end.jpg   145.67KB   13 downloads 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com