Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chances we keep Shula?

70 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Im actually glad we lost because they would probably try to keep it together if our holes hadnt shown yesterday

bah...

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I don't know it seemed like the same personnel from the past 2 seasons. Smitty is obviously getting older but Cam should be developing. We saw Cam succeed in clutch moments for the first time but no real improvement in his play. Such a big deal was made about "conservative Cam" taking check downs and protecting the football. His interceptions went up by 1.

We can argue about personnel or statistics but at the end of the day it comes down to one question for me: Can we do better than Mike Shula? I say YES.

It's not just about INTs, it's also about completion % (up), TDs (up), 3rd down conversions (up) and time of possession (up.)

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Like it or not Shula is staying. He and Cam have a close connection and everyone knows we were severely lacking in offensive weapons. Also, 12-4 is hard to argue with.

Personally, I would fire the fuck out of him but he will stay on for the above mentioned reasons.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

100000% lets not kid ourselves we are still the panthers. We don't make bold moves

Posted · Report post

I think Riverboat Ron Gambles and does a 180 on Shula.  He needs an aggressive offense to go with an equally aggressive defense.  IMO I think a former HC, not shula, that can help Ron become a greater coach would help.  Also how can we go out and draft WR in the first 2 rounds like you people want and then watch Shula groom them into mediocrity?

I'm not sure if you want Norv Turner giving Ron advice on being a head coach.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

btw WTF is with Shula and his "Illegal Formations"  hes good for what atleast 4-5 a game?  Did he not check the NFL rule book before popping the backyard football plays into the playbook?

Posted · Report post

the same percentage that at least 5 more similar threads are made

Posted · Report post

btw WTF is with Shula and his "Illegal Formations"  hes good for what atleast 4-5 a game?  Did he not check the NFL rule book before popping the backyard football plays into the playbook?

that is on the players

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

that is on the players

no its not, illegal procedure is on the players, the formation was by design of the OC.

Posted · Report post

no its not, illegal procedure is on the players, the formation was by design of the OC.

lafell has zero awareness.  if olsen or another TE is lined up on the LOS, the outside wr must be off it.  football 102

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Chances we'll keep Shula: EXTREMELY HIGH

Posted · Report post

And when the players shift around.... It is on them to have the right number of players on the line. That is why they generally point to each other when they shift to account for it.

That is definitely a player error. You can argue coaches should have them prepared to not make mental mistakes but lining up is on the players IMO.

They get called on illegal formations on plays they have run all season. They aren't random illegally drawn up plays