Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,217 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:23 AM

Boy if this doesn't beat all...

USA Today: Serial rape suspect Darren Sharper promoted women's safety

Former NFL star Darren Sharper once felt so strongly about violence against women that he wrote an essay about it for a book in 2010. He lamented how women are "undervalued and exploited," saying that as a father he felt compelled to speak up.

"Money cannot buy the women we love everyday security, which men take for granted," Sharper wrote in the book. "So, it's going to take strong, accountable men to educate young boys and influence other men to deal with women respectfully, honorably and fairly at all times."

Four years later, Sharper, 38, is scheduled to appear in a Los Angeles courtroom Thursday on charges that he raped two women after giving them drinks laced with a sedative to knock them out. Sharper posted $200,000 bail after he was arrested on Jan. 17, but prosecutors in Los Angeles will ask a judge to raise Sharper's bail to $10 million, noting that Sharper is under investigation for seven rapes and 11 druggings in four states. Sharper faces up to 30 years in prison for the Los Angeles charges.

According to court documents, the alleged rape victim in Louisiana met Sharper at an event for Saints players the same day he sent the tweet. After the event, she accompanied Sharper to a bar and consumed a drink that Sharper gave her. Her next memory is waking up the next day with Sharper on top of her sexually assaulting her, the records show.

The woman went to the hospital for a sexual assault examination on Sept. 24., the day Sharper was a star attendee at the football camp for women, intended to raise breast cancer awareness. A promotional poster for the event said, "Let's Get Physical" and it advertised "Get Crunk Cocktail Hours."

According to court records, a swab taken from the alleged victim during her exam showed the presence of Sharper's DNA.

Police say all of the rape cases follow a similar pattern. Sharper allegedly provided women with drinks and then raped them while they were unconscious. The cases involving the other five alleged victims are still under investigation in Las Vegas, New Orleans and Tempe, Ariz.

#18 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,677 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:55 AM

fittingly, i will always remember him as a new orleans saint

#19 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,217 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:42 AM

fittingly, i will always remember him as a new orleans saint

Sharper was also one of the louder media voices saying that "Bountygate" never happened.

But I'm sure he wouldn't lie, right?

#20 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:08 AM

no doubt the taints got away with some seriously sketchy stuff and now this mess sharper... wtf

with sharper, sapp and teeth face gargling on nfl network all damn day, i stopped watching that crap about a yr ago or maybe longer.  I went from watching that poo 24-7 to maybe an hr a month lol

#21 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,217 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:19 PM

Who's 'teeth face'?

#22 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:27 PM

Hahahaha sharper has allegedly raped 7 women! 7! No matter what race you are, that poo is inexcusable. Don't make a race issue out of something that is far from it.

Sent from my XT907 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Clearly someone doesn't know what real "racial issues" are. Me pointing out how selectiveness today's media is when it comes to these athletes and their personal issues in no way creating racial issues. And that is a fact. :)

#23 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,217 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:54 PM

Case against Sharper has been piling up, to the point now that the NFL Network has officially fired him.

Got a feeling he's going to jail for a looooong time.

#24 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,457 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:14 AM

Lookin' kinda bad for him...

PFT: Disturbing allegations about Darren Sharper

Dude looks like a full fledged "Criminal Minds" type of serial rapist.

#25 Omega Atrocity

Omega Atrocity

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
  • LocationWestern NC

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

Case against Sharper has been piling up, to the point now that the NFL Network has officially fired him.

Got a feeling he's going to jail for a looooong time.

Yeah I thibk he better enjoy his freedom now. It would surprise me a lot if he didn't get life. Maybe he'll be up for parole in 25 years.

#26 ajax4132

ajax4132

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:01 PM

This dude was a full blown predator, good fuging god

#27 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:32 PM

That dude would be talking how great Andrew Luck is then finish the night off with drugging and raping a woman or two. His lying ass!

#28 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,217 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:56 PM

That dude would be talking how great Andrew Luck is then finish the night off with drugging and raping a woman or two. His lying ass!

Quite possibly the single stupidest thing ever posted on this board.

No joke. You need professional help.

#29 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,217 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:57 PM

Meanwhile in the real world, Sharper is now also facing rape charges in Arizona.

#30 Match.com

Match.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:19 PM

Who's 'teeth face'?

I want to know too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users