118 replies to this topic

#1 CardiacCat

CardiacCat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:21 AM

Say what you want about John Fox.  I liked him as our coach, I like him as a person, I was very concerned when he went in for the valve replacement, and I want him to go all the way.  

Like others, I have stayed away from watching the sport channels this week (correction, I have been watching the Australian Open), but I will be watching today's games.  Like all of us, I had hoped that the NFC Championship game would feature the Panthers, but we may have to wait another year.

Finally.... STOP WHINING about the refs ....    We lost... period.

#2 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts
  • LocationHighlands Ranch, CO

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:28 AM

I liked Fox as well and am glad he is okay.  I would probably be rooting for the Broncos if I did not live here, sick of hearing about them.

#3 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,566 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:00 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

I don't like Fox because he kept a chokehold on the offense, was wildly inconsistent and gave up in the end. If not for Manning he'd be doing the same in Denver.

#4 Rules&Regulations

Rules&Regulations

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:04 AM

I don't get what's to like about Fox past his first couple years here. Too stubborn and conservative and gave us a 2-14 season.

#5 0115

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:17 AM

Too stubborn and conservative and gave us a 2-14 season.

We got Cam/Luke/Stah as a result. ;)

#6 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:35 AM

I don't get what's to like about Fox past his first couple years here. Too stubborn and conservative and gave us a 2-14 season.

Honestly, how many coaches would have done better if given that group of QBs?

#7 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• HUDDLER
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:44 AM

Honestly, how many coaches would have done better if given that group of QBs?

He chose that group of QBs. He wanted veteran game managers that were really really good a handing the ball off. Hardly a reason to give Fox that excuse.

#8 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:56 AM

He chose that group of QBs. He wanted veteran game managers that were really really good a handing the ball off. Hardly a reason to give Fox that excuse.

Fox drafted Clausen?  Clausen was a "veteran game manager?"

#9 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,139 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:02 AM

Fox and Hurney left this organization in shambles.  Manning dropped into Fox's lap in Denver, make no mistake.  How anyone can like Fox is beyond me.  He did absolutely zero to keep this team trending upward.

#10 Creepster

Creepster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationNot telling

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:04 AM

Go Broncos.

#11 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:10 AM

Fox and Hurney left this organization in shambles.  Manning dropped into Fox's lap in Denver, make no mistake.  How anyone can like Fox is beyond me.  He did absolutely zero to keep this team trending upward.

That is certainly true, same could be said for anybody that coached him.  A great player makes a coach look great.  He did also make the divisional round of the playoffs with The Golden Calf of Bristol though so it is only fair to give him some credit there.

I will always like Fox because of my ten or so favorite Panther games, seven of them he was the coach of.

#12 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• HUDDLER
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:43 AM

Fox drafted Clausen? Clausen was a "veteran game manager?"

One year does not a career make. He did choose Peete, Delhomme, Carr, Testeverde, St Pierre etc etc. not exactly an all star cast selected by the great Foxy.

#13 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:52 AM

Let's not forget at the time fox became our head coach "veteran game managers" had won two of the last three Super Bowls (Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer). Also the running attack was much more important even in the early to mid 2000s than it is now.

Fox did a great job his first four years here. His best coaching performance was probably '04 when the 1-7 team almost made the playoffs.

After '05 it tailed off but we never know what '07 could have been if jake had not blown up his elbow.

I like him and his teams produced most of my favorite panther memories. His only flaw, IMO, was sticking with jake after the '08 season instead of trying to find an upgrade or any real competition at QB. After that playoff run I think Fox had pretty much run his course here.

#14 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,375 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

John Fox has very little to do with the Broncos success right now, their defense is abysmal and Peyton and that offense is carrying the team.

#15 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:55 AM

Fug Fox. He mailed it in, and got paid
millions to give us a team that averaged 10ppg. He couldn't develop talent, couldn't make adjustments, and turned his back on us when that wasn't good enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.