Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fox and the Broncos

119 posts in this topic

Posted

Say what you want about John Fox.  I liked him as our coach, I like him as a person, I was very concerned when he went in for the valve replacement, and I want him to go all the way.  

Like others, I have stayed away from watching the sport channels this week (correction, I have been watching the Australian Open), but I will be watching today's games.  Like all of us, I had hoped that the NFC Championship game would feature the Panthers, but we may have to wait another year.

Finally.... STOP WHINING about the refs ....    We lost... period.

5 people like this

Posted

I liked Fox as well and am glad he is okay.  I would probably be rooting for the Broncos if I did not live here, sick of hearing about them.

Posted

I don't get what's to like about Fox past his first couple years here. Too stubborn and conservative and gave us a 2-14 season.

1 person likes this

Posted

Too stubborn and conservative and gave us a 2-14 season.

We got Cam/Luke/Stah as a result. ;)

Posted

I don't get what's to like about Fox past his first couple years here. Too stubborn and conservative and gave us a 2-14 season.

Honestly, how many coaches would have done better if given that group of QBs?

Posted

Honestly, how many coaches would have done better if given that group of QBs?

He chose that group of QBs. He wanted veteran game managers that were really really good a handing the ball off. Hardly a reason to give Fox that excuse.

7 people like this

Posted

He chose that group of QBs. He wanted veteran game managers that were really really good a handing the ball off. Hardly a reason to give Fox that excuse.

Fox drafted Clausen?  Clausen was a "veteran game manager?"

Posted

Fox and Hurney left this organization in shambles.  Manning dropped into Fox's lap in Denver, make no mistake.  How anyone can like Fox is beyond me.  He did absolutely zero to keep this team trending upward.

2 people like this

Posted

Go Broncos.

Posted

Fox and Hurney left this organization in shambles.  Manning dropped into Fox's lap in Denver, make no mistake.  How anyone can like Fox is beyond me.  He did absolutely zero to keep this team trending upward.

That is certainly true, same could be said for anybody that coached him.  A great player makes a coach look great.  He did also make the divisional round of the playoffs with The Golden Calf of Bristol though so it is only fair to give him some credit there.

I will always like Fox because of my ten or so favorite Panther games, seven of them he was the coach of.

Posted

Fox drafted Clausen? Clausen was a "veteran game manager?"

One year does not a career make. He did choose Peete, Delhomme, Carr, Testeverde, St Pierre etc etc. not exactly an all star cast selected by the great Foxy.

1 person likes this