Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

top dawg

Yahoo contributor Jonathan Wagner on Nicks.

136 posts in this topic

at worst he replaces lafell as a number two. supplement that with a pass catcher from the draft and an improved offensive line and we're hot to trot

+1 for "we're hot to trot"

2 people like this

Nicks would be playing with leadership at the QB position in Carolina and a coach that players actually like.

Makes a difference.

2 people like this

900 yards without mental effort and a bad season by Eli. Anybody who doesn't see this as a dream come true literally wants to continue to live the nightmare of our bottom ranked offense

6 people like this

it could be because he got tired of playing for coughlin. he wouldn't be the first.

I've been thinking the same exact thing.  Coughlin is hard to play for, and is not a players coach.  Rivera on the other hand is considered a players coach.  With strong leadership in the locker room with Smitty, Cam, Keek, and Davis, I don't see him getting to far out of line while being in an environment that he actually can enjoy.

3 people like this

He's worth the risk on a 1-2 year contract. Get him, resign Ginn, draft a WR and we should be okay.

Why can't LaFell just be good damn it.

Because he is a 4th round pick with no speed and small hands for a receiver

As long as the contract is right, I'd love him here. 

You are correct.  The contract he gets should be incentive-laden with a minimum signing bonus..

Nicks would be great if he plays hard, but this is about character and effort. Anyone who played the game knows that there is only 1 speed.

Maybe it was Coughlin.   Maybe it was NYC and comparisons to VC.

I don't understand how anyone can talk about and acknowledge him not giving full effort, yet still want him to join our team. That's a mindset and culture that we've been trying to change with this franchise for years now.

1 person likes this

Because he is a 4th round pick with no speed and small hands for a receiver

He was a third rounder, but the point is made--that year was a terrible year for WRs in the draft.  In addition, we are not getting better at WR if we re-sign what we have--Lafell had 4 years to step up.  He flashed, but never became a #2.  Moose was a #2.

If he does come to Carolina, #89 will make sure he isn't loafing around.